Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-05-18

(2021-05-18, 19:08)Grinario Wrote: Hello Bart,

i´m a litle confused. I have a problem with the skin. I have no alphabetstrip at the side, yes it is activ.
I hope a new installation solved the Problem. But i see never the possibility to save the skin setting. it is only possible to save th complete system in your skin. This funktion is in coreelec or libreelec integrated. I will only save the skin settings, actual is it never possible to create the background transparency and change the color. This is only a overlay. But the full color costumizing is never possiible.
The next problem, i have notices after install the skin variables. this is not running.

WIth kind regards

Grinario
@Grinario , hello again!

1. The alphabet strip is only visible if you are viewing your media sorted by Name, Title, Artist, Album or File, since these are alphabetical sorts where the alphabet strip makes sense.  So, if you are viewing your movies by date added, for example, then the alphabet strip will not show up.

2.  Several months ago I stopped using Skin Helper Service related addons, and I announced this in this forum.  The skin helper skinbackup addon was replaced with the Backup addon, with the added complexity that you need to configure it carefully if you only want to backup the skin settings.  I also provided an example of doing just that when I announced the change (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2995327#pid2995327).

3. You are correct about transparency of the background color (I remember you wanted this for the shelves/widgets).  Since the skin no longer uses the skin helper colorpicker addon, the opacity slider for the colors is gone.  You can of course change the color, that function is still there. 

For which backgrounds would you like to change the transparency? I think I could add an option to let you choose the transparency level of the shelves background, but I do not know if this would be enough for you.

And you are correct in that the color changes are color diffuses done on the images, not actual color changes.  That is the only way I have as a skinner, as far as I know, without having to have the same images in many different colors

4. script.skinvariables is only needed if you want to use the new viewtype selector.  You can check that it is installed and enabled by going to the Manage Dependencies section of the skin settings:

And the version in the Kodi repo is quite up to date now, so it should work.  Again, you will not see this "running" anywhere, and it is used only for the new view selector.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2021-05-19

Hello Bart,
thanks you know me after so long time. Yes i had so much wishes for the skin i the wishes don´t stop :-)

1. I know and understand, the alpabet strip comes sort by title. I have this setting and is not showed.

2.  Ok, i will check this post i i hope i can save the settings of the skin only. I have found the Skin colors perfect for me and i will save this.

3. No i have a new tv and i must chance the transparency of the shelves. I was not happy to see, this funktion i never included. But when i test to change die Color of the Tint, there is no change in the skin and it showes only on color, the very dark grey :-( 
What was not good with the skin helper?
I like t change the transparency for shelfes, vertical menü, background of the list, the same befor you eleminate this option :-)

4. i have insalled the skin variables and i have ever the error on top of the screen. i have deinstalled this. And wait for the next update.

The Logos at the home screen in my movie shelf, is not shoewed, too. And in Music it comes only when i opend the Album, not in the list of artists :-(

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-05-20

(2021-05-19, 21:37)Grinario Wrote: Hello Bart,
thanks you know me after so long time. Yes i had so much wishes for the skin i the wishes don´t stop :-)

1. I know and understand, the alpabet strip comes sort by title. I have this setting and is not showed.

2.  Ok, i will check this post i i hope i can save the settings of the skin only. I have found the Skin colors perfect for me and i will save this.

3. No i have a new tv and i must chance the transparency of the shelves. I was not happy to see, this funktion i never included. But when i test to change die Color of the Tint, there is no change in the skin and it showes only on color, the very dark grey :-( 
What was not good with the skin helper?
I like t change the transparency for shelfes, vertical menü, background of the list, the same befor you eleminate this option :-)

4. i have insalled the skin variables and i have ever the error on top of the screen. i have deinstalled this. And wait for the next update.

The Logos at the home screen in my movie shelf, is not shoewed, too. And in Music it comes only when i opend the Album, not in the list of artists :-(
@Grinario , thanks for the additional feedback.  First of all, are you running Leia or Matrix? and second, what OS? I ask so that I can rule out any Kodi version or OS issue.

1.  I cannot replicate your issue.  The only time that I have seen the alphabet strip not show up when supposed to is if I enable "Mouse/Touch-Friendly Alphabet Strip" and then disable "Enable Use of Embuary Helper".  The mouse/touch-friendly alphabet strip requires the addon script.embuary.helper to be installed and enabled.

3.  Since the script.skin.helper.colorpicker is back on the Matrix Kodi repo and it is being maintained, I will bring back its use in Amber for color configuration.  In fact, this update is already on GitHub, but only for Matrix at this time.

4.  The minimum version of script.skinvariables that you should have is 0.2.4.  If you deinstall it, that is no problem, you just cannot use the new view selector.

5.  I understand that you enabled the "Show Logo in Home Window" setting in the Backgrounds section of Amber settings, correct? If so, the shelves logos should show, like you can see here:

As for logos of artists when browsing, I do not know what viewtype you are using.  For list and panel style viewtypes, you need to tell Amber what extra art you want to show, with this setting:

Which will result in the following for List view (that is supposing you do have the artist logos loaded into your db):

If you are using Fanart view with the Netflix style, you need to enable showing the logos, like so:

Which results in the following:

If you have those settings enabled and the logos are still not showing, you need to verify that you indeed have logos for the artists for whom the logo is not appearing.  A good way to do this is to go into the Artist Information dialog and hit Extras, and then Choose Art.  There you can see which artwork the artist has, like this:

Please be aware that Amber is showing the clearlogo, not logo, since clearlogo is the standard Kodi artwork type, not logo anymore.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2021-05-20

@bsoriano, I just noticed a French translation to modify in Video Info -> Select custom lists to display.
Can you replace "Ensembles de film" by "Saga" ?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2021-05-20

Hello Bart,
i´m using Leia on a Odroid c2 and odroid N2 with coreelec. The actual problems are with the N2, i have turned on my old C2 and the alphbet strip running, but no logos are shown. and i have updated my database. This is crazy.
in next time i will reinstall all and i will test before to save my skin settings.
Matrix i will first use when the emby can show the album artists and not ony all artists.

1. i have no option mouse/touch-friendy alphabet strip option after activate script.embuary.helper. this is crazy and this is my mistake sorry. Now i have the alphabet strip in the list view. Thank you for the tip.

3. Thank you for implemtated the colorpicker :-)

4. I have must deinstall the skinvariables, i had evry time in the top of the screen a error and i will wait. The version 0.2.4 is nor running for me.

5. i have found the problem. I used my own background picture and the logo on home screen showed only with fanart, like the screenshot from you. in the actual version is the logo smaller, thats great, but the logo comes only with fanart and not by using my own background :-(. Can you show the logo in the home screen without fanart? Earlier was Amber able for this :-)

6. I´m using the normal list view. Compared your screenshot is no logo after click on yellowcard, the logo showed with me in the screen you showed Abba.... and yellowcard, but not in the list of albums. when i am in the album with the tracklist the logo showed. but not between.
Then is this correct.I use the clearlogo no other format or file. Is it possible in the screen in this the log is missing to ad the logo? :-)

comes Aber nearly with funktionally for touch devices? only a bigger back button and options button is missing. my favorite was the position rigt down.

edit:
is it possible with bring back the color picker to change the background for the OSD?
are you open for proposals for the OSD for TV and Music? 

kind regards Grinario

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-05-20

(2021-05-20, 23:05)Grinario Wrote: Hello Bart,
i´m using Leia on a Odroid c2 and odroid N2 with coreelec. The actual problems are with the N2, i have turned on my old C2 and the alphbet strip running, but no logos are shown. and i have updated my database. This is crazy.
in next time i will reinstall all and i will test before to save my skin settings.
Matrix i will first use when the emby can show the album artists and not ony all artists.

1. i have no option mouse/touch-friendy alphabet strip option after activate script.embuary.helper. this is crazy and this is my mistake sorry. Now i have the alphabet strip in the list view. Thank you for the tip.

4. I have must deinstall the skinvariables, i had evry time in the top of the screen a error and i will wait. The version 0.2.4 is nor running for me.

5. i have found the problem. I used my own background picture and the logo on home screen showed only with fanart, like the screenshot from you. in the actual version is the logo smaller, thats great, but the logo comes only with fanart and not by using my own background :-(. Can you show the logo in the home screen without fanart? Earlier was Amber able for this :-)

6. I´m using the normal list view. Compared your screenshot is no logo after click on yellowcard, the logo showed with me in the screen you showed Abba.... and yellowcard, but not in the list of albums. when i am in the album with the tracklist the logo showed. but not between.
Then is this correct.I use the clearlogo no other format or file. Is it possible in the screen in this the log is missing to ad the logo? :-)

comes Aber nearly with funktionally for touch devices? only a bigger back button and options button is missing. my favorite was the position rigt down.

kind regards Grinario
@Grinario , thanks for the additional info.

5. I will verify this, I had not thought of that use case.

6.  I do not know wht is happening in your case, since I do see the artist logo when I am in the list of albums:

As for touch support, that is something that I am currently working on.  There will be Back/Home/Settings buttons in all media views (if you enable the option), there will be a Close button in all dialogs, including the OSD, the scrollbars will be wider, and, finally, I want to implement a way to move between shelves with a touch device, but I do not know how I am going to do that yet.  So please be patient, touch support is coming.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2021-05-20

(2021-05-20, 23:17)bsoriano Wrote:

kind regards Grinario

6.  I do not know wht is happening in your case, since I do see the artist logo when I am in the list of albums:

As for touch support, that is something that I am currently working on.  There will be Back/Home/Settings buttons in all media views (if you enable the option), there will be a Close button in all dialogs, including the OSD, the scrollbars will be wider, and, finally, I want to implement a way to move between shelves with a touch device, but I do not know how I am going to do that yet.  So please be patient, touch support is coming.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

5. thanks to able this. Yes i have ssen before it is very complex and one button is activated and now is the alphabet strip schown :-) And you are very fast for answer and the user knows all better and bring critique. But your skin is at the time the best. Clear, simple not exited and easy the favorite.

i don´t know why no logo showed me in the album list. i check all settings. I´m actual happy i don´t must reinstall the skin.

Thank you. I´m and my parents are using Kodi on odroid and tablet and i on the smartphone. I like to use one system and not different apps and with a smart phone is Amber very heave to use Smile

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2021-05-21

I got issues with 'use artist slideshow for audio fanart' option. When it's enabled, background won't change while listening music. But to get it to work, need first to go fullscreen player mode and back to main menu, then it works. Just upgraded to matrix but leia started to have same issue aswell.

And btw on matrix, is it possible to set movie fanart backgroud change automatically like on leia?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-05-21

(2021-05-21, 12:38)G0mez Wrote: I got issues with 'use artist slideshow for audio fanart' option. When it's enabled, background won't change while listening music. But to get it to work, need first to go fullscreen player mode and back to main menu, then it works. Just upgraded to matrix but leia started to have same issue aswell.

And btw on matrix, is it possible to set movie fanart backgroud change automatically like on leia?

@G0mez , thanks for reporting this.  I just fixed the artist slideshow issue, the changes are already on GitHub (for Matrix).

As for movie fanart background, can you please be more specific as to what is not working? Random movie backgrounds changing every so often in the home window, movie extra fanart not showing in media views or something else? Amber in Matrix has all of the same settings as in Leia, and they should work the same.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-05-20, 23:29)Grinario Wrote:
(2021-05-20, 23:17)bsoriano Wrote:

kind regards Grinario

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

5. thanks to able this. Yes i have ssen before it is very complex and one button is activated and now is the alphabet strip schown :-) And you are very fast for answer and the user knows all better and bring critique. But your skin is at the time the best. Clear, simple not exited and easy the favorite.

i don´t know why no logo showed me in the album list. i check all settings. I´m actual happy i don´t must reinstall the skin.

Thank you. I´m and my parents are using Kodi on odroid and tablet and i on the smartphone. I like to use one system and not different apps and with a smart phone is Amber very heave to use Smile
@Grinario , the changes for showing the logo in the home screen if you are showing your own images are already on GitHub for Matrix.  Since you mentioned you are still on Leia, please wait a couple of days for me to make the changes in the Leia version.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2021-05-20, 21:55)Cyberdom Wrote: @bsoriano, I just noticed a French translation to modify in Video Info -> Select custom lists to display.
Can you replace "Ensembles de film" by "Saga" ?

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , thanks.  I will update the translation.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2021-05-21

Quote:As for movie fanart background, can you please be more specific as to what is not working? Random movie backgrounds changing every so often in the home window, movie extra fanart not showing in media views or something else? Amber in Matrix has all of the same settings as in Leia, and they should work the same.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I mean, movies on shelves and on library have static fanart background. Wonder if artwork beef made it possible to use dynamic background ? Like if I go to movie library and choose any movie there, was there a way to make it to change automatically background for that movie? Sorry my bad english Cool

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-05-22

(2021-05-21, 23:10)G0mez Wrote:
Quote:As for movie fanart background, can you please be more specific as to what is not working? Random movie backgrounds changing every so often in the home window, movie extra fanart not showing in media views or something else? Amber in Matrix has all of the same settings as in Leia, and they should work the same.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I mean, movies on shelves and on library have static fanart background. Wonder if artwork beef made it possible to use dynamic background ? Like if I go to movie library and choose any movie there, was there a way to make it to change automatically background for that movie? Sorry my bad english Cool
@G0mez, if you enable extra fanart in the skin settings, you will see the fanart change automatically for those movies that you have multiple fanarts loaded into your database.

I need to check the code for the shelves to see if I am using extra fanart there.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @G0mez , I have added extra fanart for shelves also.  You need to have extra fanart enabled in the skin settings.  The changes are already on GitHub, Matrix only at this time.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - spykos - 2021-05-22

@bsoriano 

Hello Bart

Where is the option for wrap-around menu in Amber ?

Also I noticed that compared to default Kodi skin for Leia, Amber skin is slow the first time to access either a USB stick or NAS drive. Tthis is without any movie/fanart info and
on fresh Kodi/Amber setup. Do you know what might be causing this ?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2021-05-22

(2021-05-22, 18:02)spykos Wrote: @bsoriano 

Hello Bart

Where is the option for wrap-around menu in Amber ?

Also I noticed that compared to default Kodi skin for Leia, Amber skin is slow the first time to access either a USB stick or NAS drive. Tthis is without any movie/fanart info and
on fresh Kodi/Amber setup. Do you know what might be causing this ?
@spykos , for the vertical menu, the option for wraparound navigation is here:

For horizontal menu, I had removed this option while I have been working on making Amber more touch-friendly.  I have added this back (Matrix only at this time, already on GitHub), and the setting is here:

As for what is casuing the slowdown in your system, I do not have an answer.  If you are interested in following this up, please provide a debug log of when you experience the issue, and I will take a look and see if there is anything I can discover from the log.  Thanks.

While I am not actively developing any new features for Leia, I am very interested in keeping Amber running optimally in the widest variety of scenarios possible.  I am not experiencing the issue you mention in Windows, which is my development/testing/production envieronment.

Regards,

Bart