Kodi Community Forum
WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022) (/showthread.php?tid=348245)

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated February-2022) - gotslack - 2022-02-08

Hi! Loving the skin. Having some minor color issues with 1.33.
1. When changing the footer background color, it defaults to white in the settings UI and in addons. I set it to black (ff000000) and that change is reflected in the settings.xml:
"<setting id="color_footer_backgroundpanel" type="string">ff000000</setting>"
But in the settings UI it shows:

And in addons, TMDBHelper for example, there's a white footer (shown here right under Trakt link):

2. A similar issue happens with Watched Indicator Circle is in progress color. Here I set it to a dark red (ff8b0000) and ui shows cyan:

3. I can't find where to change the color of the busy spinner or the Spotlight home screen widget label separator, they both seem hard coded to cyan:

Thank you!

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated February-2022) - Kokonutcreme - 2022-02-09

(2022-02-08, 03:18)shanegetsu Wrote: Next, I was wondering if there was a way to change the mapping when you select titles from the main Spotlight menu and the library menus. This is what I mean by that. I would prefer it if when a newly added episode shows up in my "On Deck" section, instead of the episode automatically starting playback when selected, I would like it to go to the "Episodes" page for that show. That way I can see information about the show/season, or choose a different episode, without having to leave the home widget, go to my TV Shows library, and then find the show, season, and episode. And for movies, I would like it to go to the information page for that movie. This might be a bigger deal for me because I'm using my shield tv, not a computer, so I'm using a remote not a mouse.

Lastly, I was wondering if there is a way to put like a little icon over the corner of the poster (or whatever fan art you use) of items that are unwatched. Plex does this and its just kinda nice to have that as a simple way to see if something has been watched.
What have you set as the default action in Kodi under Media settings > Playback.  I have mine set to "Show Information" instead of Play and have the experience that you're seeking.  When you click on a TV show widget it will open the information page, in SWAN you can scroll down information page to see the first unplayed episode as well as seasons to select to play.

I don't use them so haven't checked if SWAN has watched indicator settings that you can turn on for unwatched, watched, in progress content.

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated February-2022) - mardukL - 2022-02-09

(2022-02-08, 03:18)shanegetsu Wrote: Hello! I am loving the skin and have had a ton of fun playing around and customizing all the settings. Thank you for sharing your work and allowing us to take advantage of it. I do have a couple questions for my use case, and was hoping someone could help me out. I have 0 actual coding experience, so please bare with me lol. I do fine with like tinkering around though, and am not completely incompetent. Here is my situation: I have Kodi downloaded on my Nvidia Shield TV, and have configured the PlexKodiConnect add-on so I can watch all my local media through that and still use Plex (works great with your skin for anyone looking to do the same). My media is on an Unraid server. 

My questions. So first thing, when I opened the app today, it looks like I lost all my saved settings like my home menu, library viewtypes, custom colors, etc. So my first question would be, did I miss a setting, or is there something I should do to prevent this next time? Not the end of the world, and I will probably change more colors now, but something I would like to avoid in the future still haha. 

Next, I was wondering if there was a way to change the mapping when you select titles from the main Spotlight menu and the library menus. This is what I mean by that. I would prefer it if when a newly added episode shows up in my "On Deck" section, instead of the episode automatically starting playback when selected, I would like it to go to the "Episodes" page for that show. That way I can see information about the show/season, or choose a different episode, without having to leave the home widget, go to my TV Shows library, and then find the show, season, and episode. And for movies, I would like it to go to the information page for that movie. This might be a bigger deal for me because I'm using my shield tv, not a computer, so I'm using a remote not a mouse.

Next, I was wondering if there was any way to show the available quality of the file on the information page. On a spotlight menu it will show "HD" and "2.0" or "5.1", but it doesn't show up on the information page, or any view type that is not a spotlight. I have a 4k and 1080 version of quite a few movies and shows (4k for me watching local, 1080 for streaming with Plex), and it would be nice if I could see that more easily too.

Lastly, I was wondering if there is a way to put like a little icon over the corner of the poster (or whatever fan art you use) of items that are unwatched. Plex does this and its just kinda nice to have that as a simple way to see if something has been watched. 

Whether any of this is possible, plausible, or pathetic, thank you for your time, and thank you for the skin! It's the best I've come across Smile

Hi, thanks and you're welcome.

Didn't face a 'setting reset' , so unsure what could caused it.
but there are 2 usefull addons which provide a backup function.

a ) script.skin.helper.skinbackup - install from 'marcelveldt repo' / kodi community addons - backup skinsettings
- https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Skin_Helper_Service_Skin_Backup

( options can be found within the skinsettings - color section , top right )

b) script.xbmcbackup - install from official repo - can backup whole build
- https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XBMC_Backup

2. there is a core feature where you can choose a default select action.
( settings - media -> videos section )
you can change it to open a the infodialog instead play )

3. media flags in the videoinfo dialog are currently just visible if you click 'up' , for other media windows they are supposed to be shown in the footer ( each view can toggle them visible/hidden )

4. on everymedia item i used a progressbar as indicator for watched,progress.

means if an item is watched the progress bar is on 100% filled, unwatched unfilled, progress shows in percent, exception are tv show.
if a tv show or season is in progress the bar is filled by 50%.

there is no watched i dicator showing how much an item is watched ,
and curretly i dont like to add such indicator.

an indicator to identify if if mediaitem is an lib item ( e.g. when browsing tmdb plugin )
is on to do.

(2022-02-08, 17:36)gotslack Wrote: Hi! Loving the skin. Having some minor color issues with 1.33.
1. When changing the footer background color, it defaults to white in the settings UI and in addons. I set it to black (ff000000) and that change is reflected in the settings.xml:
"<setting id="color_footer_backgroundpanel" type="string">ff000000</setting>"
But in the settings UI it shows:

And in addons, TMDBHelper for example, there's a white footer (shown here right under Trakt link):

2. A similar issue happens with Watched Indicator Circle is in progress color. Here I set it to a dark red (ff8b0000) and ui shows cyan:

3. I can't find where to change the color of the busy spinner or the Spotlight home screen widget label separator, they both seem hard coded to cyan:

Thank you!

i will take a look what causing it, if found i fix it soon and provide hotfix version.
thx for report.

edit: found.
will be fixed when i am at home.
( unclosed parenthesis in exp )

edit swan_colors.xml
( variable name="color_footer_backgroundpanel" )
to
xml:
<variable name="color_footer_backgroundpanel">
<value condition="![Control.IsVisible(58) | Control.IsVisible(503) | Control.IsVisible(504) | Control.IsVisible(520)] + Skin.String(color_footer_backgroundpanel)">$INFO[Skin.String(color_footer_backgroundpanel)]</value>
<value condition="![Control.IsVisible(58) | Control.IsVisible(503) | Control.IsVisible(504) | Control.IsVisible(520)] + !Skin.String(color_footer_backgroundpanel)">color_footer_backgroundpanel</value>
<value condition="[Control.IsVisible(58) | Control.IsVisible(503) | Control.IsVisible(504) | Control.IsVisible(520)]">$VAR[color_spotlightlib_flags_backgroundpanel]</value>
</variable>

pushed version- *.1.34 (Hotfix Version)

• Hotfix: - custom footer panel color could not be applied

• added 2 new colors ( maybe temp , got more 'color to adjust / reduce ')
        - seperator for Dynamic Media Container Headers , also used for the 'loading/refresh busyspinner (color_lib_widget_seperator, color_home_widget_seperator)

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated February-2022) - gotslack - 2022-02-09

Thank you very much, that fixed my issues.

I've got one other issue of color hard coding on the Spotlight home screen that I found since my last post.
In swan_home.xml (line 104) the big label for the home entries that shows above the widgets is set to red.  For now I've set it to "<textcolor>$VAR[color_home_accent]</textcolor>" to better match my theme, but that will get overwritten on future skin updates and need to be manually edited again. Could you set it to a variable of some kind for future updates?

Also of minor note, lines 505-507 looks like it's got a misplaced/missing comment tag? Doesn't seem to affect anything functionally:
=============
    home use texture_home_background_layer3 if exsist
    lib use  texture_global_background_layer3 if exist - NOTE - temp - no custom spotligth overlay - check if need ?
<!--     temp disabled layer3 spotligth, need custom overlay or let it be  -->
=============

Thanks again!

(2022-02-09, 18:06)gotslack Wrote: Thank you very much, that fixed my issues.

I've got one other issue of color hard coding on the Spotlight home screen that I found since my last post.
In swan_home.xml (line 104) the big label for the home entries that shows above the widgets is set to red.  For now I've set it to "<textcolor>$VAR[color_home_accent]</textcolor>" to better match my theme, but that will get overwritten on future skin updates and need to be manually edited again. Could you set it to a variable of some kind for future updates?

Also of minor note, lines 505-507 looks like it's got a misplaced/missing comment tag? Doesn't seem to affect anything functionally:
=============
    home use texture_home_background_layer3 if exsist
    lib use  texture_global_background_layer3 if exist - NOTE - temp - no custom spotligth overlay - check if need ?
<!--     temp disabled layer3 spotligth, need custom overlay or let it be  -->
=============

Thanks again!

i got a few more of them, not causing issues but also not good for parsing....i cleanup such conments later...
thx ;-)

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated February-2022) - shanegetsu - 2022-02-16

Sorry for the late reply I was out of town. But thank you very much! I got most everything moved around and colored to how I like it. And I will definitely use those add-ons to back everything up now. 

I am still kind of hung up on the play vs info screen thing though. The solution you provided of changing my settings to make puling up the info page the default option does work for movies, but it still isnt quite what I'm looking for for TV shows. It's still impossible to go to a different episode or different season from the home screen. I still have to go to TV shows widget, and then go all the way to the show itself. 

If there is no solution then thats obviously fine, thank you for all your work and help. But is it maybe possible to add an option on the context menu that maps to the Episode page? I think it would seriously be so helpful. Most other media clients that I have used actually don't default to play, they take you to some sort of info page. And once again, I'm not super educated with stuff like this, so I apologize in advance if I'm asking the impossible. Just trying to think it through lol. 

One last thought, now that the movies info page is being brought up for me, I thought it might be cool to have a spotlight movie view. Have you thought about doing that? I think most of the information would be similar, but it would be cool to see the fanarts and stuff instead of the default background that pops up for the info page.

Thank you again!

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated February-2022) - Kokonutcreme - 2022-02-17

@mardukL

Is it possible to amend the playlist editor and include a remove rule button?

At present only option is to delete the playlist and recreate if you only want to edit the rules, or change to default Kodi skin and edit playlists there.

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated February-2022) - mardukL - 2022-02-17

(2022-02-16, 21:45)shanegetsu Wrote: Sorry for the late reply I was out of town. But thank you very much! I got most everything moved around and colored to how I like it. And I will definitely use those add-ons to back everything up now. 

I am still kind of hung up on the play vs info screen thing though. The solution you provided of changing my settings to make puling up the info page the default option does work for movies, but it still isnt quite what I'm looking for for TV shows. It's still impossible to go to a different episode or different season from the home screen. I still have to go to TV shows widget, and then go all the way to the show itself. 

If there is no solution then thats obviously fine, thank you for all your work and help. But is it maybe possible to add an option on the context menu that maps to the Episode page? I think it would seriously be so helpful. Most other media clients that I have used actually don't default to play, they take you to some sort of info page. And once again, I'm not super educated with stuff like this, so I apologize in advance if I'm asking the impossible. Just trying to think it through lol. 

One last thought, now that the movies info page is being brought up for me, I thought it might be cool to have a spotlight movie view. Have you thought about doing that? I think most of the information would be similar, but it would be cool to see the fanarts and stuff instead of the default background that pops up for the info page.

Thank you again!

hm...

i dont think that i like to provie such custom action.

as i dont see a 'benefit'

my thoughts.
- widgets define the wished conten, means if you link widgets for episdes ( e.g. next up ) ? i dont get the point why i should be able to go into the *showname*season view.
- there is no gap in define widgets bewtween tvshows/season/episode content ( same for custom smart playlists , custom library nodes

the only exception i will add is show seasons in the dialog videoinfo screen.

unsure if i am missing something 'user friendly'

so, maybe i need some more input why 'custom action ( go into seasons view ) is so important.

(2022-02-17, 07:23)Kokonutcreme Wrote: @mardukL

Is it possible to amend the playlist editor and include a remove rule button?

At present only option is to delete the playlist and recreate if you only want to edit the rules, or change to default Kodi skin and edit playlists there.

Hi, you can 'delete' a rule via contextmenu ( if wished rule has focus ), unsure if a 'native action' is possible.
i take a look.

Edit: did quick test on estuary and there is also no other way !?

@Kokonutcreme 

Is this what you're looking for ? ;-) ( than it'll come in next update)

https://streamable.com/es4bh5

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated February-2022) - Aaiemron - 2022-02-17

I am very fond of your skin. Actually I really like it.
The only thing I still don't like are the thumbs in the next episode widgets.
In Estuary Mod V2 there is an option not to show these thumbs.
Instead you will see a Landscape image. Would it be possible to have such an option in your skin?
Attached is an image of the setting in Estuary Mod V2.
Thank you

​​​​​Imagefree image hosting

(2022-02-17, 21:08)Aaiemron Wrote: I am very fond of your skin. Actually I really like it.
Instead you will see a Landscape image. Would it be possible to have such an option in your skin?
Thank you

thanks, there should be a kodi core setting.
settings - media - library : on the right you'll found 'show information for unwatched items' .

does this give the wished effect?

on todo is currently just an option for the home widgets.

for lib views i'll stick with the thumbs.

sidenote: i remembered the request a while back ;-)

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated February-2022) - Aaiemron - 2022-02-17

(2022-02-17, 21:20)mardukL Wrote:
(2022-02-17, 21:08)Aaiemron Wrote: I am very fond of your skin. Actually I really like it.
Thank you

thanks, there should be a kodi core setting.
settings - media - library : on the right you'll found 'show information for unwatched items' .

does this give the wished effect?

on todo is currently just an option for the home widgets.

for lib views i'll stick with the thumbs.

sidenote: i remembered the request a while back ;-)
Yes, it gives the wished effect! Thanks, I never knew there was such an option.

And yes, I requested this a while back, you're right.
Again thanks a lot for the tip!

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated February-2022) - Kokonutcreme - 2022-02-18

@mardukL 

Yes that is exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated February-2022) - shanegetsu - 2022-02-18

@mardukL Thank you for being so responsive and even entertaining these types of things.

I'll give a specific example that I run into from my use case to see if that provides some context. I have a lot of shows I watch random episodes of (South Park, Archer, Gintama), and so those shows are pretty much always in my On Deck section of my home screen. So lets say I watch an episode of South Park before I go to bed, then turn the TV off. The next day when I turn my TV on and want to watch South Park, I see what the next episode is On Deck and think to my self "I would rather watch the Imaginationland episodes". If I click on that episode in my On Deck, the only option I have is to play it, or go to the information page. There isn't an easy way to get to a different episode from that same show. So for shows that might not be linear, or where anyone might bounce around, it adds a little bit of hassle. Or even sometimes I want to watch the end of last weeks episode of a show when this weeks comes out, but cant get to the previous episode very easily from the home screen even if an episode for the show is on the home screen. I thought it could solve the issue if there was like a "Go to Show" option in the context menu or something. That way for shows with one season it will automatically pull up the episodes page, and for shows with more than one season it would pull up the available seasons to choose from. Also for context, I used to mainly use the Plex app, and what I'm trying to achieve is the default there. If I click on an episode in my On Deck section there it will take me to that Episode within the season, and then I have the option to play. If I click on a movie in my home screen in Plex, it takes me to a spotlight information page for the movie. 

Hopefully that sways you! If not, either way thank you Smile