Kodi Community Forum
Alpha TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Alpha TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) (/showthread.php?tid=352588)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: New TV Metadata site? - jjd-uk - 2020-11-19

(2020-11-17, 15:44)DarrenHill Wrote: One thing I'm finding that TMDB and TVMaze are not at all good at is grouped individual show content from providers, such as BBC documentaries and BBC comedy.

Would be nice to have a site that's available and able to cover that kind of thing in the same way that TVDB does.

Personally I hate those enforced groupings on the TVDB for one offs as I want to see those as one off shows in the listing and not buried under a fake show title of BBC documentaries or BBC comedy.

RE: New TV Metadata site? - DarrenHill - 2020-11-19

I'm the opposite - I prefer to have one folder that I can put them all in and just deal with it as a single show. Otherwise you end up with a library full of "shows" that are basically single episodes, and it makes navigation a nightmare.

From what I've seen in TVDB, it's not uncommon for shows to end up in both anyway.

RE: New TV Metadata site? - docwra - 2020-11-19

(2020-11-19, 11:25)Karellen Wrote: I like the new flexible episode groups that TVDB introduced. Allows creating alternate episode orders, but not being restricted to the number of episodes in the default order.

Extended artwork. I gave up on contributing to fanart.tv due to a constant conflict with one particular moderator there, which means all my artwork since then is sitting on my pc. I'd like to share them elsewhere.

Is this for both Movies and TV Shows?

No just TVShows

RE: New TV Metadata site? - Dumyat - 2020-11-20

(2020-11-19, 13:21)DarrenHill Wrote: I'm the opposite - I prefer to have one folder that I can put them all in and just deal with it as a single show. Otherwise you end up with a library full of "shows" that are basically single episodes, and it makes navigation a nightmare.
I'm actually with @DarrenHill  on this. 
Until very recently I was actually creating custom single episode shows and NFO files for all my BBC Documentaries/Rockumentaries, but like you say you end with loads of Single Episode Shows. Additionally, One or more of these custom shows eventually caused my library to become corrupted which took a good couple of days to fix completely.
One thing I find quite frustrating on both the TVDB and Fanart.tv sites is when you don't have a complete set of core artwork types that all share the same branding/logo, ie clearlogo available, but there is no poster and landscape or vice versa. Or clearlogo artwork is different to that used on poster, landscape, clearart. 
Nothing worse than having artwork, where branding/logo does not match on all the artwork types IMO.

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - docwra - 2020-11-20

Site migrated to a new host, upgraded to PHP 7.4 and composer dependencies.

New project management board here:
https://trello.com/b/xn1mikeN/theshowdb

Please keep the feature requests and discussion coming in as this is now in active development again.

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - Karellen - 2020-11-20

(2020-11-20, 14:40)Dumyat Wrote: Nothing worse than having artwork, where branding/logo does not match on all the artwork types IMO.
Nothing worse that when the clearlogo (being the title of the movie) does not even remotely resemble the design of the title used in the movie or tv show.

For example, this is the logo from the show...

But before I added the correct logo, this is what was used on fanart.tv and all the related artwork pieces...

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - docwra - 2020-11-21

My plan is most likely to only support 1 banner and poster per show. But it will be the best one Wink

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - docwra - 2020-11-21

Late night with some beers improving things:

- Site migrated to a new host
- Artwork transferred
- Artwork optimized with PNG and JPG tools
- New API method to list all episodes in a Show
- JSON API data now compressed with 'Brotli' algorithm

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - Dumyat - 2020-11-21

(2020-11-20, 20:57)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 14:40)Dumyat Wrote: Nothing worse than having artwork, where branding/logo does not match on all the artwork types IMO.
Nothing worse that when the clearlogo (being the title of the movie) does not even remotely resemble the design of the title used in the movie or tv show.
Yup, that's another pet hate of mine as well.
After I fixed my corrupted TV show library, I've been working on fixing all the pixelated movie images in library from ages ago when kept exporting the library incorrectly. Had already done about half and only have a few more to do now. So have about a 1000 updated titles where the same clearlogo is used across various art types (many of which did not exist previously). Will have to try and upload them....

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - olympia - 2020-11-22

(2020-11-21, 11:51)docwra Wrote: - New API method to list all episodes in a Show

I have got confused about season number in this method.
I only see DVD_season, but no intSeason, while in the season list method I see intSeason, but no DVD_season.

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - docwra - 2020-11-22

(2020-11-22, 10:08)olympia Wrote:
(2020-11-21, 11:51)docwra Wrote: - New API method to list all episodes in a Show

I have got confused about season number in this method.
I only see DVD_season, but no intSeason, while in the season list method I see intSeason, but no DVD_season.
OK yes the ID's will need adding to the episode table, it will need fixing, give me a few hours.

I also want to introduce a idTheTVDB key as well as an internal idShow

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - olympia - 2020-11-22

OK, thanks!

I am struggling to find a proper logic for the scraper.
Would it be possible to add the season list to https://www.theshowdb.com/api/json/v1/1/lookup_show.php?id= method?

Regarding the actors, do you plan to return the actor role and photo?

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - docwra - 2020-11-22

(2020-11-22, 12:23)olympia Wrote: OK, thanks!

I am struggling to find a proper logic for the scraper.
Would it be possible to add the season list to https://www.theshowdb.com/api/json/v1/1/lookup_show.php?id= method?

Regarding the actors, do you plan to return the actor role and photo?

I'm totally open to whatever Kodi needs so yes and yes!

I've re-jigging the primary keys at the moment so expect some breakage today Smile

OK, in this case I wait for the season list to be included in show lookup before I continue then. Thank you!

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - docwra - 2020-11-24

I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you are looking for but I gave it a go:
Code:
https://www.theshowdb.com/api/json/v1/1/lookup_show_and_seasons.php?id=602648
It's easy to change so let me know if thats useful.

I also added the intSeason to the episode lookup API