Kodi Community Forum
Alpha TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Alpha TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) (/showthread.php?tid=352588)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - docwra - 2020-11-25

3 million episodes updated with intSeason

Took a while but got there in the end Smile

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - olympia - 2020-11-26

(2020-11-25, 01:11)docwra Wrote: 3 million episodes updated with intSeason

I am progressing but very slowly due to the issues with tmdb scraping lately.

A couple of questions:
- what is the URL for the images? I.e. how to access "episodes/121361/4161693.jpg" returned by the API?
- is actor role and photo something what you can quickly add or let's release the basic scraper without this? It would be quite nice to have this from the beginning.
- for season 0, could you please get to API to return "intSeason":"0" instead of "intSeason":null?
- are you able to relocate the intEpisode object in list_all_season_episodes method to be the very first object for each episode? -> I am really struggling with that one at the moment
- would it also be possible to remove the extra slashes from json responses, e.g.: https:\/\/www.theshowdb.com\/images\/media\/show\/poster\/zwzenu1584650118.jpg

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - docwra - 2020-11-26

(2020-11-26, 11:00)olympia Wrote:

A couple of questions:
- what is the URL for the images? I.e. how to access "episodes/121361/4161693.jpg" returned by the API?
- is actor role and photo something what you can quickly add or let's release the basic scraper without this? It would be quite nice to have this from the beginning.
- for season 0, could you please get to API to return "intSeason":"0" instead of "intSeason":null?
- are you able to relocate the intEpisode object in list_all_season_episodes method to be the very first object for each episode? -> I am really struggling with that one at the moment
- would it also be possible to remove the extra slashes from json responses, e.g.: https:\/\/www.theshowdb.com\/images\/media\/show\/poster\/zwzenu1584650118.jpg

Thanks, nice work already it helps me.
We can work together, as the site is still in development Smile

- Use the new strThumb field for full URL to episode thumbs. It is currently filling but if you want you can test with buffy the vampire slayor as its complete.
- Actor ID lookup added, I am still syncing the strPoster for these.
- Season 0 now applied instead of null for 85,000+ episodes
- That might be quite hard to do but I will look
- Sure I have added some formatting to replace the \/\/ bits in JSON. Its still valid I think this way.

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - olympia - 2020-11-27

(2020-11-26, 18:15)docwra Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 11:00)olympia Wrote:

A couple of questions:

Thanks, nice work already it helps me.
We can work together, as the site is still in development Smile

- Use the new strThumb field for full URL to episode thumbs. It is currently filling but if you want you can test with buffy the vampire slayor as its complete.
- Actor ID lookup added, I am still syncing the strPoster for these.
- Season 0 now applied instead of null for 85,000+ episodes
- That might be quite hard to do but I will look
- Sure I have added some formatting to replace the \/\/ bits in JSON. Its still valid I think this way.

Great progress on your side as well!

Re the actor I don't quite understand what was/ is your intent to add actor ID lookup.
- What would be needed is to add the role and photo URL to list_all_season_episodes method. Currently the guest actor are listed there without role and photo.
- Also there are no main actors listed on show level, there are only guest stars in episode level, so basically the main actors in the shows are missing

Re the ordering issue, I am trying handle this all day by now, but not succeeded yet, so it would be really helpful if you could find a way.

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - docwra - 2020-12-03

Sorry for the delay, i've been syncing the 3 millions episode thumbs so still about a week to go with that one Wink

I did introduce an actor role API

Quote:https://www.theshowdb.com/api/json/v1/1/list_roles.php?id=602648

That should allow all actors and role names as well as artwork to be shown for a simple Show ID.

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - OzDrDj - 2020-12-08

Hello, 
Personally I would love to see a new site. The TV Database is so flawed, and when trying to correct it and help out i guess i angered some absolute $%^&*( there, who just caned me for everything i did.
I switched my Kodi over to The Movie Database, yet again some $#%^$# decided to pick on me and blocked me from editing. Now The Movie Database is so flawed I want something that just works with KODI.
So Add movies as well and Allow me to start work for your site asap, I promise to the best i can to keep you up to date and smash the other 2 clowns!

Cheers
OzDrDj

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - ByteShare - 2020-12-08

Main thing I'd like to see is specials and movies linked better. I know TheTVDB has plans for this as well but it could be a while.
Right now on TheTVDB movies that are directly related to a series are added in the specials (there are exceptions of course), but eventually on TheTVDB the plan is to not allow movies as specials rather to have them linked to a series.

Quote:Personally I would love to see a new site. The TV Database is so flawed, and when trying to correct it and help out i guess i angered some absolute $%^&*( there, who just caned me for everything i did.
I switched my Kodi over to The Movie Database, yet again some $#%^$# decided to pick on me and blocked me from editing. Now The Movie Database is so flawed I want something that just works with KODI.
So Add movies as well and Allow me to start work for your site asap, I promise to the best i can to keep you up to date and smash the other 2 clowns!
The rules can be strict and sometimes hard to understand Sad The newer rules are a bit better IMO since they're all in one place now rather than scattered around their old forums.
The main thing I can see frustrating is any thing you add that gets removed by a mod doesn't notify you nor tells you the reason without you asking.

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - olympia - 2020-12-31

(2020-12-03, 16:16)docwra Wrote: Sorry for the delay, i've been syncing the 3 millions episode thumbs so still about a week to go with that one Wink

I did introduce an actor role API
Quote:https://www.theshowdb.com/api/json/v1/1/list_roles.php?id=602648

That should allow all actors and role names as well as artwork to be shown for a simple Show ID.

Would it be possible to return actor roles next to the actors within list_all_season_episodes query?

RE: TheShowDB - New TV Metadata site (development in progress) - docwra - 2021-01-19

After a fair bit of work today on the site, looking into this and how to make the API more efficient I came to the realization that this project is a little bit too big to pursue.

I might come back to it one day but it requires a lot of bandwidth and processing power to host so much content.

I think themoviedb scraper is good enough and with many other services currently moving to it away from TheTVDB Kodi has TV metadata already sorted.