Kodi Community Forum
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on (/showthread.php?tid=353349)

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - User 272336 - 2016-03-10

Is there a web page where these streams are listed? I would prefer to scrape them in case they change. The pool number looks quite precarious and could easily be moved by edgesuite.

Not that I know of, sadly.
Those streams have not changed in the 7 months I have used them but considering how the wind is blowing, those might be on borrowed time indeed.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - primaeval - 2016-03-10

I see that the smart tv players have the red button streams. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/27047614
I haven't got one but if anyone has I would be grateful if they could sniff their network and capture the url of the page the red button streams get indexed from.

I'll try adding a static Red Button section for a test later.

Here is a branch with the static Red Buttons streams. You can test it if you like.
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.iplayerwww/tree/redbutton

There is only 1 stream live right now. It just has a test card. Do the other streams still show up these days? I read the BBC were planning on cutting the red button completely.

Thank you very much for the addition.

Programming vary.
On weekends, there is always Final Score which can be listened to on Radio 5 as well.
Just last week, there was live additional coverage of Rugby 6 Nations, Davis Cup.
Some programming is unique to Red Button such as Women's soccer yesterday's game against France from the States.
I have seen up to 3 different active streams at any one time.

I am afraid selecting the Red Button # 1 brings errors:
Channel is live and accessible using .strm
My apologies for the trouble.

Code:
17:42:45 T:2700   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\measuser\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.iplayerwww\\redbutton\\bbc_red_button_1.m3u8')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\measuser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww-redbutton\default.py", line 210, in <module>
                                                Video.AddAvailableRedButtonItem(name, url)
                                              File "C:\Users\measuser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww-redbutton\resources\lib\ipwww_video.py", line 823, in AddAvailableRedButtonItem
                                                streams_available = ParseRedButtonStreams(channelname)
                                              File "C:\Users\measuser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww-redbutton\resources\lib\ipwww_video.py", line 1153, in ParseRedButtonStreams
                                                html = open(url).read()
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\measuser\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.iplayerwww\\redbutton\\bbc_red_button_1.m3u8')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:42:45 T:6732   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_red_button_1&mode=204&name=BBC+Red+Button+1&iconimage=DefaultFolder.png&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]
17:42:52 T:5564   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\measuser\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.iplayerwww\\redbutton\\bbc_red_button_2.m3u8')
                                              File "C:\Users\measuser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww-redbutton\default.py", line 210, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\measuser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww-redbutton\resources\lib\ipwww_video.py", line 823, in AddAvailableRedButtonItem
                                              File "C:\Users\measuser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww-redbutton\resources\lib\ipwww_video.py", line 1153, in ParseRedButtonStreams
                                                html = open(url).read()
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\measuser\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.iplayerwww\\redbutton\\bbc_red_button_2.m3u8')
[\
code]

(2016-03-10, 19:55)OTinley Wrote: I am afraid selecting the Red Button # 1 brings errors:
Channel is live and accessible using .strm
My apologies for the trouble.

Code:
17:42:45 T:2700   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\measuser\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.iplayerwww\\redbutton\\bbc_red_button_1.m3u8')
                                                html = open(url).read()
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\measuser\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.iplayerwww\\redbutton\\bbc_red_button_1.m3u8')
17:42:45 T:6732   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.iplayerwww/?url=bbc_red_button_1&mode=204&name=BBC+Red+Button+1&iconimage=DefaultFolder.png&description=&subtitles_url=&logged_in=False]
17:42:52 T:5564   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\measuser\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.iplayerwww\\redbutton\\bbc_red_button_2.m3u8')
                                                html = open(url).read()
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\measuser\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\plugin.video.iplayerwww\\redbutton\\bbc_red_button_2.m3u8')
[\
code]

Rename the addon folder from plugin.video.iplayerwww-redbutton to plugin.video.iplayerwww.
The paths are hardcoded at the moment and still expect the addon to live in plugin.video.iplayerwww.
Github appends the branch to the folder name -redbutton.
One day I'll find a sensible way to make the paths relative for testing. Wink

"Rename the addon folder from plugin.video.iplayerwww-redbutton to plugin.video.iplayerwww."

That was an easy fix.Thank you very much.
Red Button Sports schedule can be seen here

Again Thank You!

I'm getting something on Red Button 1 3 5 9 10 at the moment. The only live programme is on 9. Is there any logic to which channel things are on?

(2016-03-10, 20:29)primaeval Wrote: I'm getting something on Red Button 1 3 5 9 10 at the moment. The only live programme is on 9. Is there any logic to which channel things are on?

None that I have been able to decipher.
It seems it is scheduled to fool the enemy. Laugh

On Red Button 9 there is just a 10 second or so clip of Claire Balding and some cycling. Is this right or is there something wrong with the way the stream is being played?

(2016-03-10, 20:39)primaeval Wrote: On Red Button 9 there is just a 10 second or so clip of Claire Balding and some cycling. Is this right or is there something wrong with the way the stream is being played?

It seems those short clips are used for testing purposes.
I think it's kind of fun, ones never knows what to expect.

(2016-03-10, 20:47)OTinley Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 20:39)primaeval Wrote: On Red Button 9 there is just a 10 second or so clip of Claire Balding and some cycling. Is this right or is there something wrong with the way the stream is being played?

It seems those short clips are used for testing purposes.
I think it's kind of fun, ones never knows what to expect.

I think something is wrong. When I play the Red Button 9 stream in VLC I am getting a live football match with Alan Shearer.
I think Kodi is just playing the first segment in the file. I'll have to dig deeper later.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - stammie - 2016-03-10

(2016-03-10, 11:42)primaeval Wrote: There is only 1 stream live right now. It just has a test card. Do the other streams still show up these days? I read the BBC were planning on cutting the red button completely.

I read the same thing but can't remember where now.

I don't know how feasible this is but for good old Aunties (limited) sports output would scraping the BBC Sport site be a more long term option?
On the odd occasion they do have live sport on these days BBC Sport always has pretty high bitrate streams available on the web.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - DarrenHill - 2016-03-10

(2016-03-03, 12:46)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 12:21)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 12:13)DarrenHill Wrote: Fair enough - thought it worth asking Smile

I'll go with having a look at Primaeval's method, and maybe hacking about with the add-on myself.

A kids mode for all the subsections would get everywhere in the code and be a lot of work.

It might be easy to do a limited kids mode that has just one menu with the 2 kids live channels and categories. ie 4 items only. No searching, bbcid or radio. Would that be enough?

Here is a version with the basic kids mode if you want to see what I was talking about: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.iplayerwww/tree/kidsmode

@primaeval - just realised I never got back to you on this. I tested the fork with childrens mode, and it works just fine for me.

Would this be something simple and worthwhile to merge into the master version? The only thing it's lacking is CBeebies radio, but I'm not sure if that's available on iPlayer directly anyway or if it's just via the website.

But it would certainly be something I'd appreciate the inclusion of in the main add-on, so I can leave the kids to play and explore in there safely.

Oh and thanks again for taking the time to do the test version for me.

(2016-03-10, 22:12)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 12:46)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 12:21)primaeval Wrote: A kids mode for all the subsections would get everywhere in the code and be a lot of work.

It might be easy to do a limited kids mode that has just one menu with the 2 kids live channels and categories. ie 4 items only. No searching, bbcid or radio. Would that be enough?

Here is a version with the basic kids mode if you want to see what I was talking about: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.iplayerwww/tree/kidsmode

@primaeval - just realised I never got back to you on this. I tested the fork with childrens mode, and it works just fine for me.

Would this be something simple and worthwhile to merge into the master version? The only thing it's lacking is CBeebies radio, but I'm not sure if that's available on iPlayer directly anyway or if it's just via the website.

But it would certainly be something I'd appreciate the inclusion of in the main add-on, so I can leave the kids to play and explore in there safely.

Oh and thanks again for taking the time to do the test version for me.

I found the CBeebies Radio link that I can scrape but there are no images so the kids are going to have to learn to read pretty quickly. Wink
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02pnn9d/episodes/player

I added it to my branch. https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.iplayerwww/tree/kidsmode

We'll have to see if CaptainT wants it in the main repo.