• 39(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
@primaeval - thanks, that may be a possibility. I'm really only interested in archive/catch-up stuff (I'm in the UK, so I can get the live channels OTA), but using favourites and the categories may work.

@CaptainT - no problem, I can understand the situation (hence why I put "willing and able" originally). Another option would be a feature request for a "Kids mode" Boolean button in the settings, which could set the limitation and keep everything in one add-on. Not quite as nice, but less of a work-around than using favourites perhaps. Would that have more legs, or would it still be too much for you and the team?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-03-03, 10:48)DarrenHill Wrote: @primaeval - thanks, that may be a possibility. I'm really only interested in archive/catch-up stuff (I'm in the UK, so I can get the live channels OTA), but using favourites and the categories may work.

I was wrong about disabling the addon. The live stream favourite shortcuts will work but not the categories.

Many of the Kodi skins have options for adding favourite shortcuts as buttons on the home screen. Confluence doesn't.

You can set up a hotkey to load a kids profile too. eg:
Code:
<f1>LoadProfile(kids)</f1>
I'm using Amber, so I can do shortcut menu items but I don't think buttons. Will have to play a little more on that one. It's on a Pi, so whilst it does have a keyboard (a Bluetooth one) connected to it, it's not in general usage. It's normally operated by the TV remote via CEC.

I don't really want to set up profiles on that box, as I've got the family trained on how to use it straight and I think profiles would just cause confusion. But it's food for thought anyway. I'd just prefer something a little more captive and controlled for iPlayer than letting them loose on the full iPlayer add-on. They're reasonably sensible in not going exploring, but mistakes could happen.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-03-03, 10:48)DarrenHill Wrote: @CaptainT - no problem, I can understand the situation (hence why I put "willing and able" originally). Another option would be a feature request for a "Kids mode" Boolean button in the settings, which could set the limitation and keep everything in one add-on. Not quite as nice, but less of a work-around than using favourites perhaps. Would that have more legs, or would it still be too much for you and the team?

This would actually be worse than a separate add-on. You would need to check every page that is being scraped for content.
Fair enough - thought it worth asking Smile

I'll go with having a look at Primaeval's method, and maybe hacking about with the add-on myself.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-03-03, 12:13)DarrenHill Wrote: Fair enough - thought it worth asking Smile

I'll go with having a look at Primaeval's method, and maybe hacking about with the add-on myself.

A kids mode for all the subsections would get everywhere in the code and be a lot of work.

It might be easy to do a limited kids mode that has just one menu with the 2 kids live channels and categories. ie 4 items only. No searching, bbcid or radio. Would that be enough?
(2016-03-03, 12:21)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 12:13)DarrenHill Wrote: Fair enough - thought it worth asking Smile

A kids mode for all the subsections would get everywhere in the code and be a lot of work.

It might be easy to do a limited kids mode that has just one menu with the 2 kids live channels and categories. ie 4 items only. No searching, bbcid or radio. Would that be enough?

Here is a version with the basic kids mode if you want to see what I was talking about: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...e/kidsmode
Thanks - will have a look later on, but from the description it probably would be enough yes.

They normally know what they want to watch, it's just that currently accessing it via the A-Z for example means going through the whole available library for that given letter, many of which would not be suitable if selected by mistake.

Kodi Blog Posts
Not 100% sure this should go here... but...

I heard yesterday (weds) on Absoulute Radio (A UK Station I listen to)... that BBC Is going to be discontinuing BBC Iplayer streams due to people using it for tv and not paying for a license. (Im in the US we dont have that kind of stuff lol)...

But I suppose it could affect their stream all of the sudden STOPPING Permanently.(the STREAM that comes from the BBC) Now if a stream comes from someones set top box or OTA and gets encoded etc etc, I guess it could be gotten via Kodi this way,,,,, Has anyone heard about this ?

I BELIEVE this is for only LIVE TV Streams....

Anyone any thoughts ?
(2016-03-03, 18:06)transam98 Wrote: Not 100% sure this should go here... but...

I heard yesterday (weds) on Absoulute Radio (A UK Station I listen to)... that BBC Is going to be discontinuing BBC Iplayer streams due to people using it for tv and not paying for a license. (Im in the US we dont have that kind of stuff lol)...

But I suppose it could affect their stream all of the sudden STOPPING Permanently.(the STREAM that comes from the BBC) Now if a stream comes from someones set top box or OTA and gets encoded etc etc, I guess it could be gotten via Kodi this way,,,,, Has anyone heard about this ?

I BELIEVE this is for only LIVE TV Streams....

Anyone any thoughts ?

There was a big off topic conversation yesterday about it: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262518
Nobody knows how they will implement it. Maybe nothing will change. Maybe they will fully lock down iplayer with DRM encryption and a password attached to your house's ip address. Theresa May will make sure its you by watching you through your webcam when she gets her Snooper's Charter through. Have a glass of Victory Gin to celebrate. It's doubleplusgood.
Thanks ! Smile
Has this just updated to 2.1.2 ?

Whatever, many live non-HD streams don't work anymore - only working stream I've found is 1.5, which also buffers. Previously other streams worked fine.
(2016-03-03, 19:13)castalla Wrote: Has this just updated to 2.1.2 ?

Whatever, many live non-HD streams don't work anymore - only working stream I've found is 1.5, which also buffers. Previously other streams worked fine.

The latest in the Kodi repo is 2.1.2: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/isengard/p...playerwww/

There was a version that missed the SD streams but it didn't make it to the Kodi repo.

The new stream sources have different bitrates than before. Try turning off autoplay and see if you get SD streams playing before selecting a new bitrate. On the local streams (eg BBC One London, Alba) there will probably only be 3 choices of stream now.

Expect some changes in the near future as we try to find the best new stream sources.
When live autoplay is selected at 5.3 Mbs , it never chooses a 5.5 Mbs stream and default to lesser SD stream.
As a workaround I had to save each channel as individual favorite at 5.5 Mbs.
Any chance, the selection in streams settings panel allow the 5.5 Mbs option?

Thank you so much.
(2016-03-03, 20:20)OTinley Wrote: When live autoplay is selected at 5.3 Mbs , it never chooses a 5.5 Mbs stream and default to lesser SD stream.
As a workaround I had to save each channel as individual favorite at 5.5 Mbs.
Any chance, the selection in streams settings panel allow the 5.5 Mbs option?

Thank you so much.

The Fastest setting should pick up the 5.5 Mbps stream if it exists.

Bitrate selection is getting really messy at the moment. To get all the streams working at HD and SD, local and national, there are a lot of choices of sources with many different but similar bitrates.

I think adding a stream directly to your favourites is probably the best solution at the moment.

Expect more changes soon until we find the best solution to the new stream sources.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12