Kodi Community Forum
Release Aeon TAJO - Matrix - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Tajo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=296)
+---- Thread: Release Aeon TAJO - Matrix (/showthread.php?tid=356998)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - deeps452 - 2021-04-12

(2021-04-12, 20:51)manfeed Wrote:
(2021-04-12, 20:37)deeps452 Wrote: So - since Titan seems not to be updated, I've changed to this wonderful and fast skin. 

But but - I seem to be unable to get artist slideshow to work? Or I have failed to understand something :-(

Artist slideshow is used in music visualisation, but only as an automatic fallback in case you don't have your own fanart/s, if you do have it/them, they are showed instead of the ones provided by Artist slideshow. It's by design...
Thanks man... Removing Music library and reload with local information only forced skin to use artist slideshow - phew, I have thousands of artist images. Would hate they were of no use...

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - TimeZone - 2021-04-13

(2021-02-26, 11:38)TimeZone Wrote: Hello @manfeed ! Sorry for the late response. I looked the files between the lines you said and could not find what to change to make the fanarts more clear (I was trying to make the fanart show as clear as the original images. There seems to be some kind of shadow\overlay on top of them but they look sharp on home screen and Netflix style screensaver). Also, I decided against modifying the files because my changes would be overwritten each time you update the skin. These are minor issues I can live with. Thanks for your help anyway.

So I finally decided to give it another go and after spending weeks trying to mod this skin, I can really appreciate the hard work skinners go through to make things work and I have a new respect for them. Even the simplest of things like changing a font size is not as simple as we non-skinners would think.

I have spent so much time doing very minor changes but I love the results. @manfeed , check out what I have achieved with your skin. Please don't laugh, I worked very hard and my hard work was just copying these codes from Aeon Nox Silvo - Matrix version  and pasting them in Aeon Tajo  Laugh   Laugh
  1. Fully transparent fanart, a bigger clock at the left top corner, and artist biography (at the very bottom after genre) in music visualizationI may have to revert the transparent fanart, the skin dev knew what he was doing because it makes text unreadable.
  2. Clickable media info, e.g when you click on the path, or tags, you get a bigger textbox which holds whole text in larger font. I have very long movie paths that could not fit in the skin's default view. See screenshots below.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - Grumpyman - 2021-04-13

hi
Love the new Flix view , would it be possible to allow landscape as well for TV Shows?

thanks

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - manfeed - 2021-04-13

(2021-04-13, 11:50)TimeZone Wrote: So I finally decided to give it another go and after spending weeks trying to mod this skin, I can really appreciate the hard work skinners go through to make things work and I have a new respect for them. Even the simplest of things like changing a font size is not as simple as we non-skinners would think.

I have spent so much time doing very minor changes but I love the results. @manfeed , check out what I have achieved with your skin. Please don't laugh, I worked very hard and my hard work was just copying these codes from Aeon Nox Silvo - Matrix version  and pasting them in Aeon Tajo  Laugh   Laugh

It's great to see that at least some people acknowledge the work that skinners do, thanks for taking the time to say it.

Many people just complain about things that they don't like or want me to teach them the very basics of Kodi, because that's easier than having to spend time reading the wiki or the forum. That's the reason why I'll never laugh at people like you, that takes the time and effort to code. As you can imagine, some years ago I started like you, and little by little I improved, although I still have much to learn. Skinning Kodi is very hard to master and quite time consuming, but at the same time it's a challenge that keeps you hooked.

Keep your good work, you have all my respect.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - Ices - 2021-04-13

Hello I tried this and my music plays automatically and i cant stop the music from playing. Any help?

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - Vimmelthevampire - 2021-04-14

(2021-04-13, 11:50)TimeZone Wrote:
(2021-02-26, 11:38)TimeZone Wrote: Hello @manfeed ! Sorry for the late response. I looked the files between the lines you said and could not find what to change to make the fanarts more clear (I was trying to make the fanart show as clear as the original images. There seems to be some kind of shadow\overlay on top of them but they look sharp on home screen and Netflix style screensaver). Also, I decided against modifying the files because my changes would be overwritten each time you update the skin. These are minor issues I can live with. Thanks for your help anyway.

So I finally decided to give it another go and after spending weeks trying to mod this skin, I can really appreciate the hard work skinners go through to make things work and I have a new respect for them. Even the simplest of things like changing a font size is not as simple as we non-skinners would think.

1. Fully transparent fanart, a bigger clock at the left top corner, and artist biography (at the very bottom after genre) in music visualizationI may have to revert the transparent fanart, the skin dev knew what he was doing because it makes text unreadable.
  2. Clickable media info, e.g when you click on the path, or tags, you get a bigger textbox which holds whole text in larger font. I have very long movie paths that could not fit in the skin's default view. See screenshots below.

Nice one. I did the fully transparent fanart too, also changed aspect ratios from 'scale' to 'keep' in backgrounds and thumbs ( for square images).
I then added code to make up to 100 background images rotate in music ' now playing ' screen ( I play cinemagraphs when listening to Pink Floyd ).

Can you share the code for artist bio please?

PS. You could use a shadow overlay at the bottom of the screen to make the text readable, instead of the blue full screen one.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - TimeZone - 2021-04-15

(2021-04-14, 22:41)Vimmelthevampire Wrote: Can you share the code for artist bio please?

PS. You could use a shadow overlay at the bottom of the screen to make the text readable, instead of the blue full screen one.

Thanks

Here is the code. It requires Artist Slideshow. Place it anywhere within the control group that holds track duration, rating and genre. I placed it after genre control.
xml:

<!-- Mod for Artist Bio start-->
                        <control type="label">
                            <left>-1</left>
                            <top>380</top>
                            <width>880</width>
                            <height>18</height>
                            <align>left</align>
                            <textcolor>themecolor</textcolor>
                            <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
                            <font>font14t</font>
                            <scroll>true</scroll>
                            <scrollsuffix>  -  </scrollsuffix>
                            <label>$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtistBiography),$LOCALIZE[21887]: [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]</label>
                        </control>
                    <!-- Mod for Artist Bio end-->

I would love to use the shadow overlay but I have no idea how. Any pointers?

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - TimeZone - 2021-04-15

If you'd want to include discography and similar artists, use this;

xml:

<control type="fadelabel">
                            <left>-1</left>
                            <top>380</top>
                            <width>880</width>
                            <height>18</height>
                            <align>left</align>
                            <font>font14t</font>
                            <scroll>true</scroll>
                            <label>$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtistBiography),$LOCALIZE[21887]: [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]</label>
                            <label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist,$LOCALIZE[31105] ,: ]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.1.AlbumName),[COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.2.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.3.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.4.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.5.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.6.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.7.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.8.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.9.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.10.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]</label>
                            <label>$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.1.SimilarName),$LOCALIZE[31104]: [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.2.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.3.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.4.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.5.SimilarName), •    [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.6.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.7.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.8.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.9.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.10.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]</label>
                        </control>

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - Ices - 2021-04-15

Still having trouble, when I change skins to this my music plays and I cant stop the music I have tried with my remote to press the stop button and it goes to next and song and will not stop this is annoying lol any help?

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - Vimmelthevampire - 2021-04-15

(2021-04-15, 08:46)TimeZone Wrote:
(2021-04-14, 22:41)Vimmelthevampire Wrote: Can you share the code for artist bio please?

Thanks

I would love to use the shadow overlay but I have no idea how. Any pointers?

I probably know less about this than you do. Copy pasting/deleting code, checking to see what's changed.
I removed the blue background simply by deleting the 1x1 blue pixel in the textures file, after looking all over for a blue rectangular background...lol.
I'll look for the line of code that made that appear, I think there is a shadow overlay within the textures file that could be used.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - Vimmelthevampire - 2021-04-15

(2021-04-15, 13:42)TimeZone Wrote: If you'd want to include discography and similar artists, use this;

xml:

<control type="fadelabel">
                            <left>-1</left>
                            <top>380</top>
                            <width>880</width>
                            <height>18</height>
                            <align>left</align>
                            <font>font14t</font>
                            <scroll>true</scroll>
                            <label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist,$LOCALIZE[31105] ,: ]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.1.AlbumName),[COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.2.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.3.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.4.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.5.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.6.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.7.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.8.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.9.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.10.AlbumName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]</label>
                            <label>$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.1.SimilarName),$LOCALIZE[31104]: [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.2.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.3.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.4.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.5.SimilarName), •    [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.6.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.7.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.8.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.9.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.10.SimilarName), • [COLOR grey],[/COLOR]]</label>
                        </control>

I'm being dim here, but where exactly to put this? MusicVisualisation.XML?
Should it not start with </control>?

Thanks again.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - manfeed - 2021-04-15

(2021-04-15, 16:16)Ices Wrote: Still having trouble, when I change skins to this my music plays and I cant stop the music I have tried with my remote to press the stop button and it goes to next and song and will not stop this is annoying lol any help?

If you mean the music that plays while you are in the main menu, there's a setting in the skin settings section to turn it off.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - TimeZone - 2021-04-16

(2021-04-15, 16:16)Ices Wrote: Still having trouble, when I change skins to this my music plays and I cant stop the music I have tried with my remote to press the stop button and it goes to next and song and will not stop this is annoying lol any help?

Home screen melodies are on by default in this skin. To turn it off, change from your current skin back to Aeon Tajo, go to System > General Options > All Devices, activate "Don't play melodies while in home screen". See screenshot below. If this does not work, go to System > General Options > Most Powerful Devices,  deactivate "Play automatically songs while browsing music"

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - TimeZone - 2021-04-16

(2021-04-15, 20:03)Vimmelthevampire Wrote: I'm being dim here, but where exactly to put this? MusicVisualisation.XML?
Should it not start with </control>?

Yes, you put it in MusicVisualisation.xml.

Since we have both altered our MusicVisualisation in different ways they don't match. I will use the original unaltered MusicVisualisation.xml on github as reference.
There is a control group that starts on line 249 and ends on line 309. This control holds other controls inside, starting with Cleartart control and ending with Ratings control. It is inside this control group that you put the new control for Artist Bio. You can put the new control between the Genre control and the Ratings control.

And no, controls don't start with </control> rather they start with <control> and end with </control>. Some times, they can start with <control type="group"> (this holds other controls) or <control type="image"> (this holds images) or the one we are using now <control type="fadelabel"> (which holds labels that alternate one after another like biography, similar artists and discography). <control type="label"> (will hold only one label like biography). All controls end with </control>
Quote:I removed the blue background simply by deleting the 1x1 blue pixel in the textures file, after looking all over for a blue rectangular background...lol.
I'll look for the line of code that made that appear, I think there is a shadow overlay within the textures file that could be used.
That could work. I am a little hesitant to delete any file in the textures file. There are chances that this blue pixel is referenced in some other places in the skin. Deleting it from textures.xbt would mean removing it where I had no intention of doing so. Like in the Settings/System window (screenshot in my previous post), there is an overlay on top of the background image to make the text readable. If this is the same blue pixel used here, deleting it would cause unexpected behaviour.

RE: Aeon TAJO - Matrix - Vimmelthevampire - 2021-04-16

Thanks for the detailed reply. I was getting a black screen upon playing music, but tried it on original MusicVisualisation and it works.
The blue pixel is used elsewhere. I use 3d shelf exclusively and without it plot dialogue is unreadable.
As this view duplicates fanart in a 16x9 box above the cases, I merely removed the code that displays backgrounds. Can't remember whether it was in variables or includes backgrounds, but it worked.
I now have nice black backgrounds to read dialogue against.
I also removed red cases for 720p vids from textures and replaced with blue. ( I hate them red cases )