Kodi Community Forum
Req Kodi on LG Web OS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: webOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=321)
+---- Thread: Req Kodi on LG Web OS (/showthread.php?tid=368381)

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - mmstory - 2023-10-29

(2023-10-29, 12:40)satdx62 Wrote:
(2023-10-29, 11:13)mmstory Wrote:
(2023-10-27, 18:46)mmstory Wrote: The addon work properly and load channels but no vidéo or audio
Video work still problem with audio

Can you describe in more detail what is wrong with your Kodi? Is it synchronous audio to video and what kind of videos? Do YouTube videos play normally?

I had playing videos of some online channels , and i had upload an mp4 video file too, there s no audio at all , the video play fine .

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - nayef - 2023-10-29

(2023-10-29, 10:49)satdx62 Wrote:
(2023-10-29, 06:34)nayef Wrote: where can i get link old v20 ipk ?

Try these:Alpha1
After installation, run this command in terminal:
cp /usr/lib/libwayland-egl.so /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/lib/libwayland-egl.so.1

yes!
this v working for my lg
HDR & DV & HLG = working 100%
but i have issue Sync audio with video
How do I fix it?

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - SoulReaver - 2023-10-29

@nayef See this post.

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - gambaa - 2023-10-29

(2023-10-28, 12:50)satdx62 Wrote:
(2023-10-28, 11:03)sixsleiv Wrote:
(2023-10-26, 20:00)satdx62 Wrote: Ok, I saw the version has no hardware accelerator support integrated.
Which ipk version do you have installed? And under which webOS?
Can You gave new link ? this is wrong .
THX
Unfortunately, I can not. The ipk was apparently removed by the developer. But I think that the improvements have found a place in the new official version. The, and future updates are to be installed via the Homebrew Channel. A lot of time and patience is invested by the developer to fix all current bugs and implement new video rendering algorithms.
Just be patient and wait.

I am currently using the Kodi from the Homebrew Channel. It seems a bit bloated with tons of PVR addons to 'enable' (around 10+) which makes it very weird. 

Do you recommend in going through the IPK route through DevMenu with the latest nightly builds or go through this Kodi build which I'm reading is an improvement from the official version (wondering what is improved?)

Thank you very much!

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - sundermann - 2023-10-29

Homebrew Channel sticks to official releases and will receive the next update with another Beta/RC/Final Release. If you really need to have some feature/bugfix that has been merged since Beta 1, install a nightly version else stick with the Homebrew Channel.

The pvr stuff is a quick fix until binary addons become available from the official repositories.

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - gambaa - 2023-10-29

(2023-10-29, 19:40)sundermann Wrote: Homebrew Channel sticks to official releases and will receive the next update with another Beta/RC/Final Release. If you really need to have some feature/bugfix that has been merged since Beta 1, install a nightly version else stick with the Homebrew Channel.

The pvr stuff is a quick fix until binary addons become available from the official repositories.

I see you are the dev behind it. Thanks for the explanation. I'll stick with yours then.

If I can ask you, if possible, to add any changelog patch notes in the Homebrew Channel or a link to your github. I think it'll help for more visibility on what's changed vs nightly builds.

Thank you for your hard work once again.

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - sundermann - 2023-10-29

I don't think the homebrew channel has a feature for changelogs. You'll find more information on new releases and what's changed on the kodi blog.

(2023-10-29, 15:42)SoulReaver Wrote: @nayef See this post.

thanks for this post, The problem is that after enabling audio passthrough, exit from kodi & switches to HDM I in my AVR Instead of playing the audio into the TV (ARC) port
 So I have now disabled the pass-through and activated the cache advancedsettings

(2023-10-26, 14:25)satdx62 Wrote:
(2023-10-26, 10:22)mmstory Wrote: No My device is not rooted but i can copy to addons folder i have tesetd it
I have compiled “pvr.stalker” for Kodi 20 ALPHA1 Wayland1 Branch. You can test and report if worked. Here is the link: pvr.stalker

Important! It is not installed by Kodi via .ZIP as usual, but must be copied to the TV manually.
Unzip the pvr.stalker.zip and copy the folder pvr.stalker to /media/developer/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.xbmc.kodi/addons/ on the TV using FileZilla.
can compiled "pvr.dvbviewer" & inputstream.adaptive & youtupe & pvr.hts & vfs.libarchive for Kodi 20 ALPHA1?
Thanks for help!

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - SoulReaver - 2023-10-29

(2023-10-29, 20:55)nayef Wrote:

thanks for this post, The problem is that after enabling audio passthrough, exit from kodi & switches to HDM I in my AVR Instead of playing the audio into the TV (ARC) port
 So I have now disabled the pass-through and activated the cache advancedsettings

What exactly did you add to your advancedsettings.xml file and did this solve your audio/video syncing issue? Would be nice if you could share it with everyone here in case they are experiencing the same issue and are looking for a solution/workaround for it Smile

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - nayef - 2023-10-30

(2023-10-29, 22:32)SoulReaver Wrote:
(2023-10-29, 20:55)nayef Wrote:

What exactly did you add to your advancedsettings.xml file and did this solve your audio/video syncing issue? Would be nice if you could share it with everyone here in case they are experiencing the same issue and are looking for a solution/workaround for it Smile
I use ethernet cable 
&
<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<memorysize>524880000</memorysize>
<readfactor>20</readfactor>
<curlclienttimeout>20</curlclienttimeout>
<curllowspeedtime>20</curllowspeedtime>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - luispexi - 2023-10-30

Nothing worked for me... not even activating audio passthrough and AC-3 transcoding or this advancedsettings...

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - overburner - 2023-10-30

what's happened with last 2 nightly version? size is increased a lot from 2023-Oct-23

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - overburner - 2023-10-30

(2023-10-30, 06:29)luispexi Wrote: Nothing worked for me... not even activating audio passthrough and AC-3 transcoding or this advancedsettings...

I have the same firmware on my TV (3.33.85) so is better do not update kodi? Actually kodi works fine with passthrough and AC-3 transcoding active. I'have still org.xbmc.kodi_20231017-10da3265-master_arm installed on my TV LG OLED55C24LA

RE: Kodi on LG Web OS - sixsleiv - 2023-10-30

Hello 
I have rooted Tv  Lg c2
When I am update new firmaware 3.33.85 I must make root again ?
THX