Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- SokSimp - 2009-04-07

Montellese Wrote:For me it would coz the way it is now I would have to go through 500+ movies checking every tagline etc if there is a wrong displayed character...

Hi Montellese, I also face the problem of the characters for some days now. If you want to search for the characters, use a freeware like "Agent ransack" and search for the String "&amp". It will a) display all the .nfo where a wrong letter was inserted and b) you can see which codes are "wrong".

Here my current list:

" "
& ;
' '
á '
· ·
¿ ¿
Á Á
É É
à à
á á
â â
ä ä
å å
ç ç
è è
é é
ê ê
ë ë
í í
î î
ï ï
ñ ñ
ó ó
ô ô
ö ö
ú ú
ü ü

It is not yet complete.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-07

hiys one i have ran miptvupdate - whatever interval to update

do i need to keep the dos window open?

- Ayala - 2009-04-07

is this running well under wine i couldn't get it working on my end?!

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-07

Sorry people i can't remember how to get the bluray icon, is it still from the filename only?

- JiveTalker - 2009-04-07

lestat1977uk Wrote:btw anyone having probs with miptvupdater, since new build it won't run at all

I can't get miptvupdater to run at all either. It says FileVersion 2.0.1.2838 although mediainfoplus.exe says 2.0.1.2861. Has an old version been included in the installer by mistake?

MIP rev 2861 seems to have tidied up all my tv episode nfo files though.

I also noticed that the director field now contains codecid where it previously stored codec so
<director> / netFOX / TV-14 / / 720p / h264 / AC-3 / 6ch / </director>
has become
<director> / netFOX / TV-14 / / 720p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / AC-3 / 6ch / </director> . Is this format preferable to skinners?

- JiveTalker - 2009-04-07

lestat1977uk Wrote:Sorry people i can't remember how to get the bluray icon, is it still from the filename only?
Yes

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-08

got mine working, was running while i did install therefore it didnt install corrctly, i had to uninstall and reinstall, i just backup cache etc and copied it back afterwards

TV Shows - JRuss2k - 2009-04-08

Hello,

I have moved on to TV shows and I noticed that in order to grab the episode information the directory has to be root\showname\season x\v

My preference is to just use root\showname\

However, when I do this the season listing doesn't show on the left side of the screen (middle box). I prefer not to use season folders. I know in XBMC this seems to work. Anyway I can get it to work in MIP?

Thanks!

James

- hikaricore - 2009-04-08

theDeviL Wrote:is this running well under wine i couldn't get it working on my end?!

It works under WINE but has some serious issues with slowdown and locking up at times.

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-08

JRuss2k Wrote:Hello,

I have moved on to TV shows and I noticed that in order to grab the episode information the directory has to be root\showname\season x\v

My preference is to just use root\showname\

However, when I do this the season listing doesn't show on the left side of the screen (middle box). I prefer not to use season folders. I know in XBMC this seems to work. Anyway I can get it to work in MIP?

Thanks!

James

The old method used to require that you at least put all your shows in a subfolder called ALL. Then MIP knows it's at the episode level...

- philter - 2009-04-08

The poster resize/compression is not showing up for me in the menu Sad (2853).

- Talle - 2009-04-08

fekker Wrote:I didn't add the option that would allow it to push all new data to the .nfo files, is this something that would be good to have? this would reset all data in those .nfo files

Yes please.

For me it has caused quite an annoyance, I re-scanned my 2tb libary with MIP after I´ve been using MC. Now I only have IMDB info, Title, MPAA, Movie Information and the resoulution.
When using Library mode in XBMC Genre is required for filtering, so that would be nice to have in the nfo´s... Wink

I´ve downloaded but not yet tried (I´m at work) build 2861, maybe this will take care of my problem mentioned before:

Talle Wrote:First of all thx for a great app!!!

I have run into some errors or it might be me that is stupid...

Some movies don´t get Genre, plot, year, votes and some other stuff, basicly the only info it gets is:
Editable title, IMDB ID, Studio, Skin Tag and Movie Media Information.

I´m sad to say that this is not an issue for the last rev but has been for a while...

Have I done something wrong?

Another thing, I don´t get BluRay, HDDVD etc labels in AEON stark (Second one from the left) why is this? I get it for some do not know if this is due to Folder or file naming though....

Thank you for your patience!!!

Sincerly

//Talle

THX

//Talle

- Weavus - 2009-04-08

Is it possible to get MIP to be able to find a imdb.id file in the movie folder which just contains the imdb id (or url)? I think this may be possible using the nfo file but I'd rather it had a different extension so I can just rm *.nfo if I ever want to regenerate all the files...

- garvani - 2009-04-08

im having troubles and hope im not being an idiot Laugh.. ive read through most of the thread but cant see my particular question answered.
Ive got quite a few moives loaded and have been playing with precache and autopilot to see which is better (as i understand it they do similar things but precache is more definitive?) anyways ive settled on precache and ive scanned roughly 250 movies, for some reason most if not all are comming up with problems, if i filter with movies with problems almost all if not every movie is in there (hard to tell as there is no counter) most come up with [NFO][Fanart][TBN] but some are missing the whole lot. (by the way for my 250 odd movies at the end of precache, the 5 download branches downloaded around 750 images each).
Once lclicking on a movie with problems it will do one of three things:

1: Rescan imdb and download the required images without promting for anything.
2: Scan and seem to pull required info from its cache not need to download anything
3: Parse imdb, ask what movie it is and download everything needed..
(then theres the movies it cant find media for but im not worried about that.)

Once its done one of the three things above to a movie, on refreshing the movie list, said movie will be gone from the movies with problems list.
So my question is why is it doing this? Isnt precache supposed to automate the process, im basically having to do something to every movie anyway so i dont really get the whole precache thing, that or im doing something wrong with precache.. Can someone please point me in the right direction! doing every movie manually is taking some serious time..

Second problem/annoyance, For some movies, such as hitch, it comes up with 50 odd movies to pick the right one, problem being that the right one isnt in the list! if you goto imdb its the top of the list as most popular, how does the scrapper gather the info? I would have thought it would grab the most popular movie or at the very least have it in the list to be picked! but dosnt seem to be doing that, well not for me anyway..
Its an awesome program and one that is well needed, just need to figure out how to make it more seamless, and not requiring so much attention.

Im running 2.0.0.2854 on xbmc rev18627 (17th march compile) on windows7 7057.. if it matters

- j0shin - 2009-04-08

I'm having a weird problem, hopefully someone here can help me out. I've added the drives with my movies, but for some reason it doesn't show any movies after the ones that start with an "S". Reloading doesn't help, and I can't find an option that might cause this. Weird.

And thanks for this awesome program, xbmc+aeon+media info plus rawks Big Grin

EDIT: Double checked, if i rename "Yes Man" to "sYes Man" it shows in the list. I'm stumped :/
EDIT2: Turns out the problem was that all the directories were in the root. When I created a "Movies" folder and moved the movies into it, all is good...