Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- garyi - 2009-06-25

Is there any hints on how to install these builds?

I double click it or the executable and they both say 'sorry encountered a problem'

Auto updater does not see the build.

- oleroc - 2009-06-25

specialblend Wrote:Im sorry if this is a really stupid question, I did a search and couldnt find anything to help me. I am new to media info plus and really like it, but I have a problem where a large portion of my movies, for example Hancock and Constantine are not getting any fanart, and the TMDb link does not work either. This movies definatly have fanart on TMDb though. Alot of my other movies find everything just find, so Im pretty confused. Im using version 2898, thanks for any help

Hi. I am having the same problem, tried 2891,2898 and 2901, same result. IMDB link works fine, TMDB link does nothing, and nothing is fetched from TMDB. TMDB did have a few problems this morning, so maybe the API is broken?

Can anyone else verify this?

I suddenly got in touch with Tmdb again... strange...

/Ole M

- oleroc - 2009-06-25

garyi Wrote:Is there any hints on how to install these builds?

I double click it or the executable and they both say 'sorry encountered a problem'

Auto updater does not see the build.

Just copy the executable to your install directory (/program files/mediainfoplus/)

- garyi - 2009-06-25

Thanks Olroc that worked.

Sadly I am having a right old time and I think I will have to crash out of the application because I don;t see any other way.

I tried to load my music and it eventually came up with Error while parsing music directory Z:\music\4Hero
system argument exception, illegal characters in path
at system io path checkinvalidpathchars(stringpath)
at system io path internalcombine(string path1, string path 2)
at system io directory internalgetfiledirectprynames(stringpath, string userpathoriginal, string search pattern, boolean includesfiles, boolean includesdirs, searchoption searchoption)
At system io directory getfiles (stringpath, string searchpattern, search option search option)
at syste, io directory get files (string path)
at movieinfoplus main collection loadmusic()

I had to type that as I have no way to copy the text.

4hero is the first album, when I clicke ok it went to the next album with the same error, then the next and so on. I gave up at 20 albums, I have over 700 albums. Hence why I am going to crash out of the programme now Wink

- fekker - 2009-06-25

Glad to have a few minutes to get some bugs sorted, still very busy, but things are improving and it's nice to see MIP's still kickin' Big Grin

And yup, UMM will replace MIP, but i've gotta get some things sorted before i take on that task.

oleroc - looks like the issue was tmdb api

here's another test build, 2902 test - http://www.mediafire.com/?mlwwbzmyj5j
try that for the music error, if needed just screen shot the error message. I suspect it's a permissions error but this build will (hopefully) isolate the fault

- fekker - 2009-06-25

Qroach Wrote:Hi Fekker,

I was wondering, is it possible to allow for the folder jpegs to be selected from the "Backgrounds" tab? The reason is I use the multiplex view with Aeon and it likes the seasons to be in wide screen format (like the TV thumbs). I could do this manually but it's a pain when I stomp those jpegs with another image by accident...

yup, it's doable, please add a feature request and i'll look into that and tv show dvd vs. aired order

- ronie - 2009-06-25

Just wondering, since you've been MIA for a while, have you been following the development of native media flagging in XBMC ?
If so, is making the <streamdetails> section compatible with CapnBry's code somewhere on your (no doubt way too long) todo list ?

- fekker - 2009-06-26

ronie Wrote:Just wondering, since you've been MIA for a while, have you been following the development of native media flagging in XBMC ?
If so, is making the <streamdetails> section compatible with CapnBry's code somewhere on your (no doubt way too long) todo list ?

I'm guessing there has been changes to his area or something, otherwise MIP's section for details was created with spec's that me and CapnBry came went over. i.e. it should work already..

i'll ask him about it to see if anything needs modified.

- ronie - 2009-06-26

fekker Wrote:I'm guessing there has been changes to his area or something, otherwise MIP's section for details was created with spec's that me and CapnBry came went over. i.e. it should work already..

i'll ask him about it to see if anything needs modified.

Thanx, there's some info about it on the last two pages of his thread.
Dropping mediainfo.dll in favour of ffmpeg may be one of the changes needed as far is i understand.

- hikaricore - 2009-06-26

hikaricore Wrote:Star Trek - Aired Order: http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&seriesid=77526&seasonid=13044&lid=7&order=aired
Star Trek - DVD Order: http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&seriesid=77526&seasonid=13044&lid=7&order=dvd

Firefly - Aired Order: http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&seriesid=78874&seasonid=15791&lid=7&order=aired
Firefly - DVD Order: http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&seriesid=78874&seasonid=15791&lid=7&order=dvd

I've fixed these series manually (meaning I did this locally) and disabled the write flag on each nfo and tbn file associated with the episodes in question.
This way miptvupdate doesn't screw them up after they've been changed.
However if there were a way to get it to do this automatically for certain or all series, I would not need to do this.

Fekker, is it possible at all to force dvd order vs aired order?
I poked around after your return but didn't see anything of this nature.

Thanks in advance ^_^

- garyi - 2009-06-26

Thanks for your continued efforts fekker however no go, I cannot do a screen print I don't have the button and don't really know XP, anyhow the errors have got shorter:

'Error: Invalid Path or incorrect permissions when attempting to read file list from directory: Z:\music\4Hero\Creating Patterns'

When OK is clicked:

'Error while parsing music directory: Z:\music\4Heror\creating patterns

System.NulReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at movieinfoplus.maincollection.loadmusic()'

What I am going to do is pull a few albums off the drobo to the desktop and see if it helps. I know that Drobo is a bit different to the normal NAS drive, so perhaps this is something to do with it? Mind you it sees the albums so it must be sort of there!

- garyi - 2009-06-26

Hold the press. I tried to copy a folder over and Xp threw up an error about incorrect syntax.

Sure enough in every single album folder is a file called 'Icon' with a little square (text) on the end no doubt f**king everything up. I think this is what XP sees from an Apple Volume

I am deleting them now and lets see what happens.

- garyi - 2009-06-26

God this is so cool, its scanning my library now!

Sorry for wasting your time fekker!

- garyi - 2009-06-26

Well all my stuff has loaded which is nice and now I feel like a spoon, I was sort of hoping it woult automagically go and find backdrops, album art and the like, but it seems I have to click each artist in turn, then a script type thing comes up and downloads something somewhere, I know not where.

Is there a button to press to just make it get everything for all the folders?

- fekker - 2009-06-26

garyi Wrote:Well all my stuff has loaded which is nice and now I feel like a spoon, I was sort of hoping it woult automagically go and find backdrops, album art and the like, but it seems I have to click each artist in turn, then a script type thing comes up and downloads something somewhere, I know not where.

Is there a button to press to just make it get everything for all the folders?

if you have the fanart pack installed, and the artist matches, it'll auto-assign them. (it's a seperate download, see first page of this thread)

auto-pilot for music never got completed, same with tv show episode auto-thumbnail generate, and some other features

when it's downloading images, it saves them to the cache folder, to select the image, go to the fanart tab and click it (i.e. same as mip in general, see, click, done)

-- dvd order vs aired order
i can do this a few different ways, but none of them seem to address everything.. here's the game plan
each season will get a .nfo file that states dvd or aired order.. since most things coming from tv show's for season level is the whole season..
if no .nfo is there, it'll prompt (at the season level) for you to select it. command line will not prompt, if the file is there it'll use the setting, if not, it'll default it to aired order. (which would be good for a majority of the cases)

i think that'll work the best, i'll see about getting that coded up in the next week or so