Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API) (/showthread.php?tid=67012)

- The-Boxhead - 2011-07-25

Okay some progress.

After having fixed wrong directory for the cahce the spotify
plugin does not crash any more.

However entering my own playlists usually makes xbmc crash. some playlists works some doesent.
As long as i can get a listing i can play all my music just fine.

From the crash logs it seems to crash generating thumbnails ?

http://pastebin.com/X9SR1ghW

Browsing the built in listings works fine without any hitches. Seems only to be some of my own playlists that fails.
Also as i was browsing trough the built in spotify playlists i monitored my set cache dir. It seems
that it stops caching all togheter ? after browsing trough alotta albums and playing random titles
my cache dir stays untouched and at the same exact size for all files and dirs. is this correct ?

EDIT:
After trying several of my playlists the crash logs seems to always fail when cahing thumbnails...

Run1:
00:17:22 T:11958080 M:1382592512 DEBUG: Spotifylog: fetching thumb
00:17:22 T:11958080 M:1382592512 DEBUG: Spotifylog: fetching thumb 2
00:17:22 T:11958080 M:1382592512 DEBUG: Spotifylog: fetching thumb 3
CRASH

Run2:
00:37:56 T:5281600 M:1390202880 DEBUG: Spotifylog: fetching thumb 2
00:37:56 T:5281600 M:1390202880 DEBUG: Spotifylog: fetching thumb 3
00:37:56 T:5281600 M:1390202880 DEBUG: Spotifylog: fetching thumb 4
CRASH

Run3:
00:39:07 T:83990336 M:1394450432 DEBUG: Spotifylog: fetching thumb
00:39:07 T:83990336 M:1394450432 DEBUG: Spotifylog: fetching thumb 2
00:39:07 T:83990336 M:1394450432 DEBUG: Spotifylog: fetching thumb 3
CRASH

- neoflex - 2011-07-25

had the same issue, see http://github.com/akezeke/xbmc/issues/1

- The-Boxhead - 2011-07-26

well today i flushed my old install and made a complete reinstall
back to regular nightly builds.

Seems this project is left dead due to work on a unified addon for spotify...

Would love to see spotify support coming though Smile

- mortstar - 2011-07-27

The-Boxhead Wrote:well today i flushed my old install and made a complete reinstall
back to regular nightly builds.

Seems this project is left dead due to work on a unified addon for spotify...

Would love to see spotify support coming though Smile

I can't help you I'm afraid Boxhead, but for others poppin in to this thread. I can say that this is working well on my Win 7 - 64bit system.

XBMC Live 10.1 and SpotyXBMC - sporadius - 2011-07-28

Hello all,

I have compiled SpotyXBMC latest version on XBMC Live 10.1 succesfully. After that I ran this commands:

killall xbmc.bin
sudo make install prefix=/usr

The XBMC version is succesfully replaced. Unfortunately XBMC starts fine, but when I start spotyXBMC add-on XBMC crashes and restarts. The last message in the log is:

"creating session" from spotyxbmc

If I open a console screen with CTRL ALT F1 and login, killall xbmc.bin and run a xinit xbmc-standalone the spotyXBMC works flawlessly.

After investigation of cache folder it seems to be fine. Does anyone have a clue?

Found the solution - sporadius - 2011-07-30

sporadius Wrote:Hello all,

I have compiled SpotyXBMC latest version on XBMC Live 10.1 succesfully. After that I ran this commands:

killall xbmc.bin
sudo make install prefix=/usr

The XBMC version is succesfully replaced. Unfortunately XBMC starts fine, but when I start spotyXBMC add-on XBMC crashes and restarts. The last message in the log is:

"creating session" from spotyxbmc

If I open a console screen with CTRL ALT F1 and login, killall xbmc.bin and run a xinit xbmc-standalone the spotyXBMC works flawlessly.

After investigation of cache folder it seems to be fine. Does anyone have a clue?

Found out that the default cache folder setting as well as the /tmp setting for the cache folder is not working for the XBMC-Live version.

I manually edited the /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.music.spotyXBMC/settings.xml file and changed the cache folder to this: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp

XBMC with Spotify is now working fine on XBMC Live 10.1!

- dallasnights - 2011-07-30

does anyone have the link where we can download the version that works on ATV2 for Spotify

Thanks all

spotify on atv2 xbmc - ecksman - 2011-07-31

dallasnights Wrote:does anyone have the link where we can download the version that works on ATV2 for Spotify

Thanks all

i have seen u post this several times and i too have been waiting for someone to reply to you b/c i want to know as well. let me know if you have made any progress. thanks.

- mortstar - 2011-08-01

dallasnights Wrote:does anyone have the link where we can download the version that works on ATV2 for Spotify

Thanks all

ecksman Wrote:i have seen u post this several times and i too have been waiting for someone to reply to you b/c i want to know as well. let me know if you have made any progress. thanks.

Guys, there is no link to download. This is a forked repository that must be built individually using the instructions in the README.

Also this is not an iOS build (which I am assuming is a separate pre-eden fork). Therefore you'd have to merge the sources and resolve any conflicts to build a package for ATV2.

Thirdly, the developer(s) behind this have begun a whole new project 'unified music frontend' which will bring whole new levels of awesome to xbmc, but it will take a lot of time.

You will need to either stay patient or get your hands dirty to get this working on iOS.

- akezeke - 2011-08-05

Hi,

I'm almost ready to push some new code to the repo, its a total rewrite of the entire implementation.

Way faster, smoother and cooler now... I need a couple of days to clean up the code and fix some small issues before I push and give you more details, however I'v uploaded a preview video on youtube so you can get a felling of what it is now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFSdxKyWXpU

Have a nice weekend!
/David

- soder - 2011-08-05

akezeke Wrote:Hi,

I'm almost ready to push some new code to the repo, its a total rewrite of the entire implementation.

Way faster, smoother and cooler now... I need a couple of days to clean up the code and fix some small issues before I push and give you more details, however I'v uploaded a preview video on youtube so you can get a felling of what it is now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFSdxKyWXpU

Have a nice weekend!
/David
¨
Is it still that we need to make a build by our self, or will it be in some kind of add-on?

/Söder

- akezeke - 2011-08-05

soder Wrote:¨
Is it still that we need to make a build by our self, or will it be in some kind of add-on?

/Söder

As for now we need to build it but there are some discussion on creating a system for allowing addons like this, and I guess it will be implemented sometime. But if you dont want to wait, you have to build it yourself.

/David

- soder - 2011-08-05

akezeke Wrote:As for now we need to build it but there are some discussion on creating a system for allowing addons like this, and I guess it will be implemented sometime. But if you dont want to wait, you have to build it yourself.

/David

OK. No .bin to change lite it was before?

And do you know if it's possible to do a build by your own, and still keep all the settings and library from the other version of XBMC?

/Söder

- akezeke - 2011-08-05

soder Wrote:OK. No .bin to change lite it was before?

/Söder

Cant due to the license incomparability between XBMC and libSpotify, before when there was a bin I used a solution based on despotify but it has been rendered useless now.

I tried however to provide a bin with libSpotify for a couple of days but the XBMC people was all over me so I had to take it down Smile... but not saying that someone cant create a bin and put it somewhere on the big internet and provide it to people, then he is the one breaking the licenses now me!

/David

- bejcon - 2011-08-05

I got XBMC just yesterday and I've been configurating it for perhaps 8-9 hours total now.. And it's EFFIN AWESOME!

So many great features and I sure hope that you will be able to get this one add-on sorted out as well, then I'm complete! Smile

Good luck and thanks in advance!