Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

Use CP only for movie renaming? - srv1973 - 2011-03-02

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but this thread is too long to read from scratch now...

I'm looking for something web-based that will take the movies I have already downloaded (with sabnzbdplus btw), and determines the correct movie title, downloads meta data, renames it to something proper and then moves it into my XBMC library.

Can CP be used for this? Eg. is it possible to use CP without having to use it to search for and initiate the actual download?

Rgds

- mwkurt - 2011-03-02

Hello,

Try TheRenamer. It has a movie mode as well as TV.

http://www.therenamer.com/

Mark

- srv1973 - 2011-03-02

mwkurt Wrote:Hello,

Try TheRenamer. It has a movie mode as well as TV.

http://www.therenamer.com/

Hi Mark, yes, heard of it, but (1) it's windows and (2) it's not web based. I download everything using my Linux XBMC box under my TV, and prefer to use something web based to manage those downloads. For example, all my TV downloads go to sickbeard, and for TV shows I *never* have to SSH in to my box. They just show up in XBMC...

I'm looking for something similar for movies. Couch potato looks interesting, but as far as I can tell it insists on also *initiating* the download. That's not how I work. I like to just browse the newsgroups for new stuff and when something catches my fancy (which btw. is based on a combination of movie, release group, encoding and file size) I just click "Send to SAB". It's from that point on that I'm looking for an App to manage what happens when the download is completed.

- Abe Froman - 2011-03-02

srv1973 Wrote:Hi all,

I'm looking for something web-based that will take the movies I have already downloaded (with sabnzbdplus btw), and determines the correct movie title, downloads meta data, renames it to something proper and then moves it into my XBMC library.

Can CP be used for this? Eg. is it possible to use CP without having to use it to search for and initiate the actual download?

Rgds

Yes just point CP to the path where your SAB "movies" category ends up.

It will scan periodically and process, move, rename, update XBMC.

Note that it processes everything and deletes what it doesn't recognize.

- srv1973 - 2011-03-02

Abe Froman Wrote:Yes just point CP to the path where your SAB "movies" category ends up.

It will scan periodically and process, move, rename, update XBMC.

That's good.
Quote:Note that it processes everything and deletes what it doesn't recognize.
That's not so good. How clever is CP? Would it recognize correctly a movie file called something like "pr-wsmns.avi"? (based on a real example, I probably don't have it 100% correct, but it's close).

Rgds

srv1973 Wrote:That's not so good. How clever is CP? Would it recognize correctly a movie file called something like "pr-wsmns.avi"? (based on a real example, I probably don't have it 100% correct, but it's close).

Rgds

I think it's based on foldername and nfo imdb link, not the filename. Also you can always edit it in SAB if it looks obscure like that one.

- srv1973 - 2011-03-02

Abe Froman Wrote:Also you can always edit it in SAB if it looks obscure like that one.

Hmmm, you can? How would you do that? Been using SAB for about 2 years now and never seen an option where I can edit the filename of something that has already been downloaded...

Wouldn't it be an idea for CP to have a separate page listing the downloads that it cannot resolve? And with options to manually search for the proper movie, enter an IMDB ID, manually enter the final name manually or delete the download?

srv1973 Wrote:Hmmm, you can? How would you do that? Been using SAB for about 2 years now and never seen an option where I can edit the filename of something that has already been downloaded...

Wouldn't it be an idea for CP to have a separate page listing the downloads that it cannot resolve? And with options to manually search for the proper movie, enter an IMDB ID, manually enter the final name manually or delete the download?

Just click on the line in your queue and it brings up a window called Edit NZB Details where you can change the name. This only works for stuff in queue not finished items.

- DanXbix - 2011-03-03

how can i get CouchPotato to look for DVDRip instead of DVD-Rip & also BRRip instead of BR-Rip?

- DejaVu - 2011-03-03

DanXbix Wrote:how can i get CouchPotato to look for DVDRip instead of DVD-Rip & also BRRip instead of BR-Rip?

I thought CP already did this. Is this not the same thing?!

- xjchew - 2011-03-03

Having a problem with this release on NZBMatrix.

http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=862726

CouchPotato managed to search and sent this version of the movie to SABNZBd where it downloaded correctly, but the folder doesn't have a .nfo, and CouchPotato attempts to delete the folder instead of detecting the movie and moving it to the destination folder.

Here's some logs.

16:41:55 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Tried to clean-up download folder, but '/volume1/Others/Movies/Tangled.2010.BluRay.x264.1080p.DTS.AC3.FGTR' isn't empty.
16:40:55 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Tried to clean-up download folder, but '/volume1/Others/Movies/Tangled.2010.BluRay.x264.1080p.DTS.AC3.FGTR' isn't empty.
16:39:55 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Tried to clean-up download folder, but '/volume1/Others/Movies/Tangled.2010.BluRay.x264.1080p.DTS.AC3.FGTR' isn't empty.

The folder name was actually "Tangled 2010 BluRay x264 1080p DTS AC3 FGTR" and the MKV was named "Tangled.2010.BluRay.1080p.DTS_AC3.Cust.NL.FGTR.mkv". But CouchPotato failed to recognize it and tries to remove the directory. Any help on this one?

I have personally tested moving folders which contain a single movie and a nfo file with the imdb link inside to the downloads folder and CouchPotato scans the .nfo and moves them correctly to the destination folder. But the same method isn't working with Tangled.

Description of successful testing which unfortunately doesn't work with Tangled:
- Created folder, for example "The Dark Knight"
- Put the movie file in "The Dark Knight"
- Created a NFO with the imdb link to the movie page and moved it into "The Dark Knight"
- Moved "The Dark Knight" into the download folder
- CouchPotato scans and moves the MKV to the destination folder and deletes "The Dark Knight"

I've tried to give the folder, the NFO file and the MKV the exact same name but with their own extensions and it still doesn't work for Tangled.

PROBLEM SOLVED: As of the time of this last edit, .MKV extensions will not work with Renamer. Change .MKV to .mkv for Renamer to scan the movie.

- DanXbix - 2011-03-03

DejaVu77 Wrote:I thought CP already did this. Is this not the same thing?!

Yeah i thought so too but i know there is a movie i want out and can see it on NBZ list as DVDRip but CP is not picking it up for some reason

Search error on nzbmatrix? - srv1973 - 2011-03-03

Hi,

Trying to download a movie for which I know there are releases on nzbmatrix that match my requested quality settings, but CP doesn't seem to find it. Looking at the logs, CP is doing the following search:

16:57:59 INFO [er.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Searching: http://rss.nzbmatrix.com/rss.php?username=XXXXX&term=tt1091722&apikey=YYYYY&subcat=2&searchin=weblink&english=1

(replace your own username and apikey...)

If I run this manually I see all the released, including releases that match my quality settings (as far as I can tell). But CP doesn't seem to process that. After the above line from the log, there's nothing nzbmatrix related in the log file...

Is there a bug with nzbmatrix?

- srv1973 - 2011-03-03

srv1973 Wrote:Hi,
After the above line from the log, there's nothing nzbmatrix related in the log file...

Ah, that's not true actually: there are 3 lines in the log still related to nzbmatrix:

16:58:13 INFO [er.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Getting RSS from cache: tt1091722-2.
16:58:13 INFO [er.yarr.sources.nzbmatrix] Getting RSS from cache: tt1091722-2.
16:58:13 INFO [ider.yarr.sources.newzbin] Getting RSS from cache: tt1091722 2 -1

Any ideas?

- xjchew - 2011-03-03

xjchew Wrote:Having a problem with this release on NZBMatrix.

http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb-details.php?id=862726

CouchPotato managed to search and sent this version of the movie to SABNZBd where it downloaded correctly, but the folder doesn't have a .nfo, and CouchPotato attempts to delete the folder instead of detecting the movie and moving it to the destination folder.

Here's some logs.

16:41:55 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Tried to clean-up download folder, but '/volume1/Others/Movies/Tangled.2010.BluRay.x264.1080p.DTS.AC3.FGTR' isn't empty.
16:40:55 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Tried to clean-up download folder, but '/volume1/Others/Movies/Tangled.2010.BluRay.x264.1080p.DTS.AC3.FGTR' isn't empty.
16:39:55 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Tried to clean-up download folder, but '/volume1/Others/Movies/Tangled.2010.BluRay.x264.1080p.DTS.AC3.FGTR' isn't empty.

The folder name was actually "Tangled 2010 BluRay x264 1080p DTS AC3 FGTR" and the MKV was named "Tangled.2010.BluRay.1080p.DTS_AC3.Cust.NL.FGTR.mkv". But CouchPotato failed to recognize it and tries to remove the directory. Any help on this one?

I have personally tested moving folders which contain a single movie and a nfo file with the imdb link inside to the downloads folder and CouchPotato scans the .nfo and moves them correctly to the destination folder. But the same method isn't working with Tangled.

Description of successful testing which unfortunately doesn't work with Tangled:
- Created folder, for example "The Dark Knight"
- Put the movie file in "The Dark Knight"
- Created a NFO with the imdb link to the movie page and moved it into "The Dark Knight"
- Moved "The Dark Knight" into the download folder
- CouchPotato scans and moves the MKV to the destination folder and deletes "The Dark Knight"

I've tried to give the folder, the NFO file and the MKV the exact same name but with their own extensions and it still doesn't work for Tangled.

Alright guys, have a problem with CouchPotato as from the quoted post.

I have since then backed up config.ini, removed the entire CouchPotato folder, git cloned a new copy of CouchPotato, placed config.ini in, started up CouchPotato, and place the PROPERLY formatted "Tangled.(2010)" folder with the MKV and NFO into the DOWNLOAD folder.

Result? CouchPotato still doesn't check the NFO, it just removes it.

Alternate Test: I tried putting another movie folder in with its NFO and MKV. CouchPotato successfully detects it and moves it to the DESTINATION folder. So I moved my entire collection of movies in, and CouchPotato is renaming them now as I type.

Any conclusion guys? Huh

PROBLEM SOLVED: As of the time of this last edit, .MKV extensions will not work with Renamer. Change .MKV to .mkv for Renamer to scan the movie.