Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- rascalli - 2011-08-09

_Mikie_ Wrote:When can we see post processing of movies we already have and indexing of all movies?

This is possible in CP.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-08-09

rascalli Wrote:This is possible in CP.

Seems like post processing is but indexing isn't. Thanks

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-08-10

Corvo Wrote:@RuudBurger:

I agree with lpallard. Is it possible for CouchPotato to create a full XBMC nfo companion file?
This, most obviously, saves some time scraping when multiple instances of XBMC are looking towards the same network location.
Hey Ruud, just wondering if there is any update on this request. I'm thinking of buying an ATV2 and would really like to cut out external scraping.

WHS 2011 Service? - dreamonn - 2011-08-10

Has anyone successfully setup CouchPotato to run as a service on WHS 2011?

I've set my 1st WHS 2011 box up at the weekend & I'm trying to configure headphones, SickBeard, CouchPotato, uTorrent & SABnzbd up to run as services, but my only success so far is with SABnzbd after following this guide. I couldn't find any guides as comprehensive as this for any of the other applications in my list.

Any ideas or pointers to an install guide?

- sb206 - 2011-08-10

i use cp on a qnap nas. it runs with one problem. i search a film, cp finds it and will put it on the list. but nothing happend. whats the problem ?

- Mar2zz - 2011-08-10

dreamonn Wrote:Has anyone successfully setup CouchPotato to run as a service on WHS 2011?

I've set my 1st WHS 2011 box up at the weekend & I'm trying to configure headphones, SickBeard, CouchPotato, uTorrent & SABnzbd up to run as services, but my only success so far is with SABnzbd after following this guide. I couldn't find any guides as comprehensive as this for any of the other applications in my list.

Any ideas or pointers to an install guide?

http://codecaster.tweakblogs.net/blog/6543/downloadprogrammas-instellen-als-services.html#applicaties

This what you mean? it's in dutch, but google translate is a helpful friend.

- tonybeccar - 2011-08-11

Hello, I must say that I'm beginning to get confortable with CP, it's a really great piece of software. I do have some doubts yet.. i'm using torrentz BTW. For example:

I want to download the movie Mallrats, and by default CP searches in Pirate Bay (I think that kickasstorrents 'kicks pirate bay's ass' if you ask me), anyway, I have a custom quality profile set, that first searches for a brrip, and then for a dvdrip. If you look at pirate bay, there is a 'Mallrats HDRip', and a 'Mallrats KLAXXON'. So, wouldn't it be convenient to add an option to look for hdrips? And also to look for the title of the movie by itself, instead of "Mallrats+dvdrip"? Because the way that is now, it will never find the KLAXXON rip and I'll never get to download my movie..

I don't really know if there is a workaround for this, I just starting messing around with CP a few days ago..

Isn't there any way to tell CP to look for "<movietitle>+hdrip" also when searching for dvdrips?

Also I think support for sites such as torrentz.eu and kat.ph would majorly increase the torent search engine, providing with lots of more results.

Oh, and one other thing, where does CP get its subtitles from? What search method is used for its accuracy?

Sorry for all the questions, I tried searching for this matters in the thread but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

- dreamonn - 2011-08-11

Mar2zz Wrote:http://codecaster.tweakblogs.net/blog/6543/downloadprogrammas-instellen-als-services.html#applicaties

This what you mean? it's in dutch, but google translate is a helpful friend.

Thanks Mar2zz

It looks to be just what I'm looking for Cool

I've used google translate to get the text in English, but there are certain passages which don't read too well. I'm guessing that as you pointed me towards a Dutch site, you might be Dutch? Any chance you could have a read through the translated document & correct anything which has suffered badly in the auto-translate?

- seand - 2011-08-11

tonybeccar Wrote:I want to download the movie Mallrats, and by default CP searches in Pirate Bay (I think that kickasstorrents 'kicks pirate bay's ass' if you ask me), anyway, I have a custom quality profile set, that first searches for a brrip, and then for a dvdrip. If you look at pirate bay, there is a 'Mallrats HDRip', and a 'Mallrats KLAXXON'. So, wouldn't it be convenient to add an option to look for hdrips? And also to look for the title of the movie by itself, instead of "Mallrats+dvdrip"? Because the way that is now, it will never find the KLAXXON rip and I'll never get to download my movie..
There are lots of folks who release stuff to torrents who use all sorts of nomenclature to describe their releases. On Usenet in general, but not as a rule, more of them strictly adhere to "the rules" of describing releases by "the Scene" whoever the heck that might be. Although in many cases those rules are somewhat arbitrary, CP's categories actually more strictly adhere to "the rules" at least as described in this document I just so happened to be reading that shed a little light on the subject to me. CP is really optimized for use with usenet though it is also useful for finding releases that follow the same nomenclature on torrents as well.

Realistically some compromises in terms of reliability of operation and using the most standard nomenclature for file types is probably unavoidable.That being said the document linked describes some file descriptors I rarely see (and aren't in CP) so it may be a bit dated. That all said, its a tool to automate some downloading but it will never replace a human's capacity to decode releases with non-standard file names i.e. CP helps you automatically find stuff you want in the format you want but it does not find every non-standard named file you can find searching manually, esp in torrents where there is more diversity in files names and "release groups".

Does that make sense?

Couch Potato Install, Setup, & Configuration Guide for Ubuntu & Linux Mint! - daemox - 2011-08-11

Howdy all!

I've finally released a comprehensive Install, Setup, & Configuration guide for Couch Potato on Ubuntu and Linux Mint. An excerpt from the first page of the guide can be seen below, the rest (fully formatted) can be found here.

Cheers, and let me know if you have any questions or problems!

Introduction

Howdy! It's finally time for my Couch Potato guide! Huzzah!

Anyway, I'm excited to get this guide out to you all as Couch Potato is a great program and is right up there with Sick Beard in terms of ease of use, flexibility, and robustness. I had originally planned to wait until Couch Potato's Management section was implemented more fully, but I started testing the program as it was and found it already incredibly useful. Since then, the Management section still hasn't been fully developed, but the program, in general, has seen continued updates and is well worth using as it currently stands.

But, before I get ahead of myself, and for those of you who are not really clear on what I'm talking about here, Couch Potato is an application that serves a role similar to a standalone Digital or Personal Video Recorder (DVR/PVR). However, where a DVR or PVR will monitor a cable or satellite television connection for movies that you might like to record and watch at a later date, Couch Potato monitors the Internet. Also, whereas a DVR/PVR is generally going to be a separate, standalone device, Couch Potato is an application that can be run on just about any Ubuntu, Linux Mint, or other GNU/Linux based personal computer. As such, Couch Potato is far more flexible than a "traditional" DVR/PVR setup.

For those that are familiar, this is very similar to Sick Beard, but Sick Beard specifically monitors episodic content where as Couch Potato specifically monitors cinematic content. As such, each has its own similar but unique feature set that is tailored specifically to its own intended role.

When combined with SABnzbd+, Sick Beard, Headphones (soon), and XBMC Media Center this makes for an extremely automated, streamlined, robust, and easy to use setup that is second to none!

The rest can be found here!

- seand - 2011-08-11

I used your previous guide. Its awesome. Very helpful.

- daemox - 2011-08-11

seand Wrote:I used your previous guide. Its awesome. Very helpful.

Hey good to hear seand! Smile

Cheers!

seand Wrote:There are lots of folks who release stuff to torrents who use all sorts of nomenclature to describe their releases. On Usenet in general, but not as a rule, more of them strictly adhere to "the rules" of describing releases by "the Scene" whoever the heck that might be. Although in many cases those rules are somewhat arbitrary, CP's categories actually more strictly adhere to "the rules" at least as described in this document I just so happened to be reading that shed a little light on the subject to me. CP is really optimized for use with usenet though it is also useful for finding releases that follow the same nomenclature on torrents as well.

Realistically some compromises in terms of reliability of operation and using the most standard nomenclature for file types is probably unavoidable.That being said the document linked describes some file descriptors I rarely see (and aren't in CP) so it may be a bit dated. That all said, its a tool to automate some downloading but it will never replace a human's capacity to decode releases with non-standard file names i.e. CP helps you automatically find stuff you want in the format you want but it does not find every non-standard named file you can find searching manually, esp in torrents where there is more diversity in files names and "release groups".

Does that make sense?

I agree with you, nothing will beat the human capabilities for manual search.. but since CP automates most of the part, at lest it would be nice to add a tiny small button, maybe next to force/refresh, to manual search the torrent/nzb.

Right now I'm using torrents, I don't live in Eu or Usa, so I'm not used to putting my credit card in all sorts of websites, that's why I insist with torrents.

Anyway, thanks for your answer man! Cheers!

I do insist, its happened again.. I think it's vital to also look for the keyword "hdrip" when looking for brrips, OR add it to a whole different quality.

Now it only searches for "<movietitle>+brrip" and "<movietitle>+bdrip", I say it must also look for "<movietitle>+hdrip" in the lowest priority of course.

Is this a hard thing to tweak? Maybe I could do it by myself if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks to all!

- steve1977 - 2011-08-13

First of all, thanks a lot for a fantastic update!!! Allowing to remove ETA really helps me, thanks a ton!!! Unfortunately, I am now receiving an error when checking my wanted movie list. After the error, it does stop scanning, which is quite annoying (need to restart CP). Please see error below. Any ideas?

23:38:29 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.yarr] Something went wrong with searchAll: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'