Kodi Community Forum
Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Xbmcfreak 10.08 svn livecd's (/showthread.php?tid=76735)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- danz0l - 2010-08-06

Vankwish Wrote:
Code:
update-rc.d -f wakeonlanconfig defaults

Configuring Sabnzbd

It seems as though when you set a user/password when installing xbmcfreak to hdd it breaks sab. To fix it ssh to the revo using putty, i logged in as root, im not sure if that was necessary though.
Code:
nano /etc/default/sabnzbdplus
Then we want to edit this file for the user we created when installing the live CD to the HDD.
[CODE]# This file is sourced by /etc/init.d/sabnzbdplus
#
# When SABnzbd+ is started using the init script, the
# --daemon option is always used, and the program is
# started under the account of $USER, as set below.
#
# Each setting is marked either "required" or "optional";
# leaving any required setting unconfigured will cause
# the service to not start.

# [required] user or uid of account to run the program as:
USER="the username you created when installing"

Tried the above guide on xbmcfreak V9.11 V14 and although everything goes ok to upgrade sabnzbdplus i can no longer access it via its web interface. I've checked the config and the port is still there and i've restarted the service manually without error. Any ideas ?

- cowfodder - 2010-08-06

danz0l Wrote:Tried the above guide on xbmcfreak V9.11 V14 and although everything goes ok to upgrade sabnzbdplus i can no longer access it via its web interface. I've checked the config and the port is still there and i've restarted the service manually without error. Any ideas ?

Had a similar issue with sabnzbd. I had set it for port 9091 manually, but after reboot it changed itself back to 9090. Double and triple check what port it's running on.

- ClayM - 2010-08-06

Do I need to do anything other than apt-get update/upgrade to keep these things up to date?

- tredman - 2010-08-06

danz0l Wrote:Tried the above guide on xbmcfreak V9.11 V14 and although everything goes ok to upgrade sabnzbdplus i can no longer access it via its web interface. I've checked the config and the port is still there and i've restarted the service manually without error. Any ideas ?

Yes , set the host ip address to the local ip of your machine - obviously you'll need to give it a fixed ip address in your router first.

You may be able to put the localhost in here (127.0.0.1), but never tried it

- danz0l - 2010-08-06

cowfodder Wrote:Had a similar issue with sabnzbd. I had set it for port 9091 manually, but after reboot it changed itself back to 9090. Double and triple check what port it's running on.

Mmmm yes i've checked the port again and used the local ip but its just not coming back up Sad Its running though so find it very weird.

What was the original port on the XBMCfreak cds ? I used to access it through http://xbmclive/ and click the link in the html but have tried
http://192.168.1.7:9090/sabnzbd and nothing Sad

EDIT: Finally got a response from sabnzbd

Quote:Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /sabnzbd/.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu) Server at xbmclive Port 80

Any ideas ?

EDIT: worked it out, it was to do with the following

Quote:# [optional] hostname/ip and port number to listen on:
HOST=0.0.0.0

Mine didn't have the host set so i assume was rejecting the local lan.

Many thanks for the guide, now successfully updated to the latest version Smile

- Vankwish - 2010-08-06

To access sab from lan computers make sure the host is set to "0.0.0.0", when i set it as "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" it broke lan access, also double and triple check not only your port settings in sab but also that no other programs are configured on the same port?

I havent tried on that particular livecd but afaik it should be the same?

- danz0l - 2010-08-06

Vankwish Wrote:To access sab from lan computers make sure the host is set to "0.0.0.0", when i set it as "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" it broke lan access, also double and triple check not only your port settings in sab but also that no other programs are configured on the same port?

I havent tried on that particular livecd but afaik it should be the same?

Yes its working now mate Smile "0.0.0.0" was the ticket Smile Thanks again for the guide Smile

- toby77jo - 2010-08-06

in next live build, can you please include sickbeard, it is a must have along with sabnzbd+

- batrad - 2010-08-06

My ASUS AT3N7A-I refuses to get an IP address. I can confirm the eht0 interface is enabled and I see the mac address for the adapter.
Works well upto the v14 CD..

i have tried all the 10.xx Live CD's and none seem to be able to obtain an IP address from my home router

Appreciate any assistance i can get to upgrade to the new release..

thanks

- Flomaster - 2010-08-06

toby77jo Wrote:in next live build, can you please include sickbeard, it is a must have along with sabnzbd+

well might as well throw in CouchPotato too to grab you Movies

-=Jason=-

- viperman3 - 2010-08-07

Do CPU and GPU temp display work on 10.08 version?
I'm using the same advancedsettings.xml file that was functional in 9.04 but can't get the CPU and GPU temps to display in System Info

Using newest Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn32416 release

Wifi troubles: connection degrades with large files - Laundro - 2010-08-07

First of all, thanks for this great install disk; everything works fine but for my wifi connection. After 30 seconds of rsyncing a large file, my rate drops from 10Mbps to about 500kbps. Same goes for streaming. Also, in one out of two cases, the whole system hangs when moving a large file to the Asrock.

On 9.04 I experienced the same problem, and I was able to fix it by installing the backport modules. This doesn't seem to help now, it seems (and yes, I installed the Lucid wifi backport modules).

Is anyone else able to stream HD content to their Asrock via Wifi with this (or other) XBMC installations? If so, how?

- matchsmalone - 2010-08-07

The general consensus is that streaming HD on Wifi is not practical. It is too inconsistent.

With 720p you'll be able to stream a little, but expect some stopping and stuttering. With 1080p expect it to be basically unwatchable.

- m3g4tr0n - 2010-08-08

viperman3 Wrote:Do CPU and GPU temp display work on 10.08 version?
I'm using the same advancedsettings.xml file that was functional in 9.04 but can't get the CPU and GPU temps to display in System Info

Using newest Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn32416 release

try:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <gputempcommand>echo "$(nvidia-settings -c :0 -tq GPUCoreTemp) C"</gputempcommand>
        <cputempcommand>echo "$(sensors -u | grep "temp1_input"| awk '{print $2 }' |awk '{printf("%d\n",$1 + 0.5);}') C"</cputempcommand>
</advancedsettings>

- Tiger33 - 2010-08-08

mcadle Wrote:I just did a clean install of the new xbmcfreak on a Acer Revo 1600. I have everything set to hdmi and I get no audio. I messed around following all the alsa guides and such and still nothing. Any thoughts on this? I just re-wiped everything and am at a clean install so ready to try whatever you throw my way.

Thanks!

I have the same problem but with the revo 3610

works fine when running from SD but when i installed i had no sound at all :-(

anyone got any tips on what i need to do ?