Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

- ppic - 2011-01-05

two solution:
-you don't use a compatible skin
-you haven't activated it in compatible skin.

the fact is the script is not running, so it can't play theme.

- JB007 - 2011-01-05

ppic Wrote:two solution:
-you don't use a compatible skin
-you haven't activated it in compatible skin.

the fact is the script is not running, so it can't play theme.

I am using the Night skin, and the add on ran and has downloaded all the themes. And it is enabled in the add on menu but still no themes Sad

- ppic - 2011-01-05

i was talking about skin option to handle the addon, not activate the addon.

- ppic - 2011-01-07

v0.7.3
- prevent theme script to be activated when browsing plugins

thank hitcher

- NineT9mustang - 2011-01-12

Got this script working, I absolutely love it! There's a few minor things I don't like, but are fixable:

*Background visualization overides FanArt - Fixed via Confluence Skin Setting
*Theme Quality - I plan on fixing this by manually downloading higher quality themes
*Don't like how the themes start instantly, I'm wanting a 'fade in/fade out' effect, which I plan on editing manually for all my shows...

Just minor nit picky things, but everything else is superb! Really makes TV Shows feel more alive... Thanks for all the work ppic, you've done great!

- Pure3picshot - 2011-01-12

I know a lot of people are waiting for a fade in fade out effect, but honestly you can download the theme.mp3 change to automatically fade in and fade out on whatever time frame you want, resave it as the new theme.mp3, and then manually re insert it in the tv show directory and XBMC will play your custom theme. Obviously you will need an audio editing program to do the following, but definately do able.

- ppic - 2011-01-12

thank, all response to your needs are already in the thread !

*my confluence hack is pretty limited, just to run theme, no more, see others skins integration, you don't have this problems, this my limited skinning attemp !
*yes, if you find another site resource i can use, please submit, i'll see that Big Grin
*xbmc player just can not do that

- timdog82001 - 2011-01-12

Pure3picshot Wrote:I know a lot of people are waiting for a fade in fade out effect, but honestly you can download the theme.mp3 change to automatically fade in and fade out on whatever time frame you want, resave it as the new theme.mp3, and then manually re insert it in the tv show directory and XBMC will play your custom theme. Obviously you will need an audio editing program to do the following, but definately do able.

I think most people that want the fade don't just want a fade at the end of the song, they want it for when you back out of a tv show directory in the middle of the song, at which point the song cuts off. Manually adding a fade at the end of a song wouldn't help this scenario.

- NineT9mustang - 2011-01-12

Heyya ppic, thanks for your response!

I wasn't trying to add a 'request' or anything, I was simply stating some minor things I noticed, and how I plan on fixing them Smile Please don't take it the wrong way, you've done superb!

What I'll end up doing it probably recording higher quality themes myself, and adding the fade myself as well via classic program GoldWave Big Grin I plan on personally re-doing over 200 TV Show themes! I don't mind the hours it will take, if you'd like these themes when I'm done I don't mind giving them to you at all!

love the script though, I know some people get annoyed by it, and I can understand... but so far I absolutely love it Smile Glad you made a dream of mine finally come true Smile

- ppic - 2011-01-12

no problem, thanks Wink

scrapers - thegrumpychef - 2011-01-12

Not sure if this is the right place for this, I was wondering if a site scraper could be added for A & E and some canadian networks such as CBC, CTV and TSN

- ppic - 2011-01-12

sorry, i don't understand what you want.

- timdog82001 - 2011-01-13

What would you be scraping? I'm guessing those sites don't actually offer any theme songs for download...

- ppic - 2011-01-13

timdog82001 Wrote:Why would you want a scraper for tv networks? This addon is intended for launching software, like video games or internet browsers, not media files.

no, this addons don't launch anything.

- timdog82001 - 2011-01-13

ppic Wrote:no, this addons don't launch anything.

Doh! Got my windows mixed up. I had this and the advanced launcher thread open at the same time. Sorry!