Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- sialivi - 2011-09-25

To each his own indeed, that looks terrible... useless clutter and a bunch of postage stamps covering most of the larger fanart. The fanart viewtype in Metropolis is so much nicer and cleaner. For reference:

- cainecollin - 2011-09-25

TerranQ Wrote:Just from memory, every viewtype Laugh. I like the posters to be large enough to view easily from across the room-probably about 1/4-1/3 screen height

Low List the Poster is definitely more the 1/3 the screen height. As that is the one I use for movies, and I can see that from my dining room (tv is in the living room, with a distance equal to about an average movie theater here)

- TerranQ - 2011-09-25

Yeah, I need to take another look. I forgot about that fanart view. But, I'm on nightlies now, so I'll have to wait for an update (hint, hint Cool)

if you're on nightlies there are a couple things in this thread that fix the tiny problems that exist (that's what I did) I also updated a few views for displaying Music Videos lol

What can I say, I love this Skin Big Grin

- zepfan - 2011-09-25

cainecollin Wrote:I also updated a few views for displaying Music Videos

Care to share? Wink

zepfan Wrote:Care to share? Wink

Surely, although it does involve mucking around in I believe 2 files, I have to look again as I forget where a few things were, but I shall post the viewtype I currently use along with the changes for that, most other viewtypes can be edited the same way.

Now remember to make a backup of your file before hand

To Show "Plot" Details (shows at the bottom, in my image where it says "Official Music Video")
Includes.Xml

Change:
Code:
<!-- Plot Outline Option -->
        <control type="group">
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(ShowAllMediaFlags) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + !SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin)</visible>

To:
Code:
<!-- Plot Outline Option -->
        <control type="group">
            <visible>Skin.HasSetting(ShowAllMediaFlags) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(MusicVideos)] + !SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin)</visible>

To Show Media Flags:
Includes_MediaFlags2.Xml

Change:
Code:
<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + !SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin)</visible>
            <visible>![Container.Content(movies) + IsEmpty(listitem.Genre) + IsEmpty(ListItem.VideoResolution)]</visible>
            <!-- IMDB Flag -->

To:
Code:
<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(MusicVideos)] + !SubString(Container.FolderPath,plugin)</visible>
            <visible>![Container.Content(movies) + IsEmpty(listitem.Genre) + IsEmpty(ListItem.VideoResolution)]</visible>
            <!-- IMDB Flag -->

Viewtype_Gallery.Xml

Change all 4 instances of:
Code:
Window.IsActive(VideoLibrary) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)

To:
Code:
Window.IsActive(VideoLibrary) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(MusicVideos)

Again, like I said, make sure you make a backup of the files beforehand just in case.

And this is what my Music Videos look like in "Gallery" view:

- sialivi - 2011-09-26

@cainecollin

Good work, but wouldn't it make more sense to base it on Viewtype_Gallery_Square.xml which has the right aspect ratio for the images?

Personally I wouldn't bother with "plot" though, does any of the music video scrapers actually provide plots? It also needs to show at least artist name and optionally also the album name.

- cainecollin - 2011-09-26

I did the viewtype gallery square but it didn't work very well with the images I had,
Being that my music videos are mostly the official ones, I never use "album" and I never use the scrapers for it as it almost never works.

I also use plot to differentiate between versions of the music videos.

If you have your artists done with fan art some of the fan art views look great.

Just noticed now that it doesn't show the artist lol. Shouldn't be too hard to fix that part, mostly it was just a quick couple changes till the developer had a come up with a couple Smile

- sialivi - 2011-09-26

cainecollin Wrote:I did the viewtype gallery square but it didn't work very well with the images I had,
Being that my music videos are mostly the official ones, I never use "album" and I never use the scrapers for it as it almost never works.

I also use plot to differentiate between versions of the music videos.

If you have your artists done with fan art some of the fan art views look great.

Just noticed now that it doesn't show the artist lol. Shouldn't be too hard to fix that part, mostly it was just a quick couple changes till the developer had a come up with a couple Smile

What kind of problem? The covers you use in the image are all regular square ones, which is pretty much the standard aspect ratio for album covers afaik.

I love the fanart viewtype, so I can see how that one would be suitable, possibly showing artist images instead of the album covers on the sides. In either case the posters would have to be made square. Only problem with this view is that it's damn hard to find good fanart for many bands, so it would be nice to perhaps fallback to a screencapture from the video.

- cainecollin - 2011-09-26

The artist fan art I use is from... HtBackdrops

found lots of nice ones there.

and the Albm covers I use are actually slightly rectangular, like a mini poster (as they were edited when trying to make them look nicer in a different skin)

The Fanart view looked great for the most part with it, except when i came across a few artists that didn't have fan art lol

- zepfan - 2011-09-30

Shinu Wrote:i have pseudotv, but i don't use it regularly. but i can still look into it. you're talking about doing a mockup for this skin right?

Any idea's spring to mind yet? Or should we wait for a 1.0 release?

- Amra - 2011-09-30

zepfan Wrote:Any idea's spring to mind yet? Or should we wait for a 1.0 release?
If I may make a suggestion, I would think something similar to ReFocus would work quite well. The layout is quite similar already.

- Shinu - 2011-09-30

Amra Wrote:If I may make a suggestion, I would think something similar to ReFocus would work quite well. The layout is quite similar already.

i was originally waiting for a release with uncompressed textures as to make things look a bit more professional. Laugh but when i saw the ReFocus style, i thought the same thing.

- zepfan - 2011-10-01

Amra Wrote:If I may make a suggestion, I would think something similar to ReFocus would work quite well. The layout is quite similar already.

Nod Yea, I like the idea of modifying this skin for a more Metropolis style. I eagerly await the non-compressed textures!