Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

- sialivi - 2012-03-09

Amra,

Excellent work, really appreciate it, thanks Smile

- stoli - 2012-03-09

Amra Wrote:stoli,

I found some time to work on the extra themes I had wanted to do way back when. Here is the first one, "Glass" if you are interested in adding it. If not, don't sweat it. I wanted to do it for myself anyway as I use multiple profiles for my family and like to have a different theme for each one.

I want to do more themes when I find the time. Hope you can use this one.

Looks good, but I have to have the raw images for submission to the repo, I can't submit the .xbt file. Can you zip them up and post them somewhere?

- Amra - 2012-03-10

stoli Wrote:Looks good, but I have to have the raw images for submission to the repo, I can't submit the .xbt file. Can you zip them up and post them somewhere?
Oops, sorry about that & here they are:

DOWNLOAD Glass Theme Images

- protocol77 - 2012-03-10

stoli Wrote:Looks good, but I have to have the raw images for submission to the repo, I can't submit the .xbt file. Can you zip them up and post them somewhere?

can you add the option of using the glass theme and others that amra has done inside of the skin i am using openelec and it is a bit difficult to edit the skin folders through that

- Victim - 2012-03-10

Hello again stoli. I've noticed you haven't been responding to anyone's questions for the past few day, so I'm guessing life's been having you busy. But when you can, would you mind telling me if the following can be added to the skin?

1. Season Fan-art
2. Customizable home-screen (custom playlists)
3. Scrolling Letter

Thank you. Smile

- stoli - 2012-03-10

protocol77 Wrote:can you add the option of using the glass theme and others that amra has done inside of the skin i am using openelec and it is a bit difficult to edit the skin folders through that

They will be. They may not make it to the official repo this time, but they certainly will next push. Also the Passion Repo is always updated within 24hrs of any changes I make.

Victim Wrote:Hello again stoli. I've noticed you haven't been responding to anyone's questions for the past few day, so I'm guessing life's been having you busy. But when you can, would you mind telling me if the following can be added to the skin?

1. Season Fan-art
3. Scrolling Letter

Thank you. Smile

They can and will be.

- rflores2323 - 2012-03-11

trying yo download this skin on passion repo however it doesnt download. I updated to xbmc eden rc2 and im on an atv2. I click to download an a get a a 0% to start downloading amd then tje working popup but it juat goes back to metropolis and doesnt download.

anyone running into this?

- ialand - 2012-03-11

Just noticed a small oops. When you have ICON mode for the home screen, UPDATE LIBRARY is missing from the VIDEO options.

RE: - homerjs - 2012-03-12

(2012-03-11, 04:09)rflores2323 Wrote: trying yo download this skin on passion repo however it doesnt download. I updated to xbmc eden rc2 and im on an atv2. I click to download an a get a a 0% to start downloading amd then tje working popup but it juat goes back to metropolis and doesnt download.

anyone running into this?

yes, same here, never any progress and then bam it asks if you want to enable it...oh well works

RE: - Victim - 2012-03-14

(2012-03-10, 18:11)stoli Wrote:
Victim Wrote:Hello again stoli. I've noticed you haven't been responding to anyone's questions for the past few day, so I'm guessing life's been having you busy. But when you can, would you mind telling me if the following can be added to the skin?

1. Season Fan-art
3. Scrolling Letter

Thank you. Smile

They can and will be.

Great! Thanks for the response. Hope you add them someday soon. Smile

Noticed a bug in the skin though. If I were to edit a source (eg. a video source) the "Edit Video Source" pop-up freezes on-screen and doesn't disappear.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jabba_29 - 2012-03-14

^^ I have the same problem, specifically adding music but sure its as victim suggested also.

I still love this skin but is there anyway when the skin/package updates to only update files that change?
I have customized includes_home1 and when the skin updates the whole interface is dimmed and naturally I lose all customzations. It would be nice to know that I can just re-upload said file without worrying about losing some modifcations brought in by the update.

Thanks for all the hard work.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - hannahjo - 2012-03-14

This skin has gone completely black! Can not see anything except My Library Update banner. Why has this happened and how can I fix it?

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - Hudson_Hawk04 - 2012-03-15

have you tried a system restart by chance? I have had that happen to me when the skin is updating itself. If the restart does not help you should be able to log in to your htpc remove the skin folder and the default of confluence should be restored. Hope this helps.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - bandelguy - 2012-03-15

any possibility of weather+ support?

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - homerjs - 2012-03-15

When skin update happens screen does go completely black, but, if you wait long enough it will finish and display will appear. when it is black, if you unplug power you then need to delete skin folder and then re install it.
Great skin love it. Movie/TV info at top still has display issues with info on top of Director etc.
Best skin out there.