Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-03, 16:46)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 16:24)ixnu Wrote: Does the play button occasionally disappear for you guys on the video info screen?

Running git on Frodo Beta 1 and OpenElec.

Yes....I think it's more git-related than skin-related though

What do you mean exactly?

And are you guys saying it spontaneously disappears while you're in the Info dialog, or that it doesn't show upon entering the dialog?

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - ixnu - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-03, 16:58)jingai Wrote: What do you mean exactly?

And are you guys saying it spontaneously disappears while you're in the Info dialog, or that it doesn't show upon entering the dialog?

For me, the behavior looks exactly like this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127144&pid=1241919#pid1241919

The button does not spontaneously disappear - if it is there upon entry into the info screen - it remains. It disappears (or more accurately, does not appear) upon entry or re-entry to the info screen.

Usually, the button appears the first time I enter the info screen (for movies, concerts, and TV) after a reboot. Usually, the button disappears (or fails to appear) upon subsequent attempts, but the text remains (like the image in the above post).

I am happy to get logs for you, just let me know.

On a related note, I would like to pitch the idea of resetting the behavior of the info screen to "Play" after exiting the info screen. Sometimes I forget to move the cursor back to play after updating some fan art. Invariably, the wife picks up the remote and the cursor is on refresh instead of play. You can guess the rest of the story...

Thanks again for an awesome skin.

(2012-12-03, 17:36)ixnu Wrote: Usually, the button appears the first time I enter the info screen (for movies, concerts, and TV) after a reboot. Usually, the button disappears (or fails to appear) upon subsequent attempts, but the text remains (like the image in the above post).

The text is explicitly attached to the icon (it's in a grouplist control), so XBMC is doing something strange here. As mentioned above, it may be a texture issue related to pulling from github.

Do you happen to have a textures.xbt in your media directory? If you do, try removing it. If you don't, would you mind trying a build from the Passion repo?

(2012-12-03, 17:36)ixnu Wrote: On a related note, I would like to pitch the idea of resetting the behavior of the info screen to "Play" after exiting the info screen. Sometimes I forget to move the cursor back to play after updating some fan art. Invariably, the wife picks up the remote and the cursor is on refresh instead of play. You can guess the rest of the story...

I understand the frustration there, but there is also good reason for keeping it the way it is: think about if you're going through all your artwork and choosing thumbs/fanart by hand? It definitely speeds up the process to keep the cursor where it was..

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - ixnu - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-03, 17:50)jingai Wrote: Do you happen to have a textures.xbt in your media directory? If you do, try removing it. If you don't, would you mind trying a build from the Passion repo?

I do.

I will rename when I get home and see what happens.

I'm happy to run a test from the Passion repo. I run a pretty standard setup, so no big deal going back and forth.

(2012-12-03, 17:50)jingai Wrote: I understand the frustration there, but there is also good reason for keeping it the way it is: think about if you're going through all your artwork and choosing thumbs/fanart by hand? It definitely speeds up the process to keep the cursor where it was..

I figured this was the reason. How about this logic - if the user returns to the home screen, reset the cursor.

I can see someone running through a long list and returning to the "Movie" or "TV" library between updates, but if the user returns to the home screen, he probably has finished updating the library.

(2012-12-03, 18:15)ixnu Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 17:50)jingai Wrote: Do you happen to have a textures.xbt in your media directory? If you do, try removing it. If you don't, would you mind trying a build from the Passion repo?

I do.

I will rename when I get home and see what happens.

FYI, I was making the assumption that you're pulling Metropolis from github. Is this the case?

(2012-12-03, 18:15)ixnu Wrote: How about this logic - if the user returns to the home screen, reset the cursor.

I can see someone running through a long list and returning to the "Movie" or "TV" library between updates, but if the user returns to the home screen, he probably has finished updating the library.

Well, I'm not sure how easy this would be to achieve in the skin though. Basically I set the grouplist to always have a default control or never. Any way I can think to do this kinda feels kludgy so... I don't know. I'll think about it I guess.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - boccman - 2012-12-04

I also have that issue of the play button not being shown always.

[WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 00:10)boccman Wrote: I also have that issue of the play button not being shown always.

Kinda hard for me to help if people don't provide more info (xbmc version, skin source/version)...

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - ixnu - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 00:20)jingai Wrote: Kinda hard for me to help if people don't provide more info (xbmc version, skin source/version)...

No problem, sorry for the delay. Happy to test.

Here is a debug log:

http://pastebin.com/VVbH4Rsf

It happens on the passion repo and from the current git repo (both have last changelog entry from 28 Nov) on OpenElec 3 running Frodo Beta 2 (happened on Beta 1 also).

For git, I installed directly from git hub since OpenElec does not have a git client.

I will test it on Beta 2 Frodo Win64 tonight and get you additional details.

Additional information:

The same thing happens in Win7x64 Frodo Beta2

Metropolis ver 2.5.0.1354153046 from Passion repo and most recent master branch straight from git hub.

Debug log here:

http://pastebin.com/J5uemj7R

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-12-04

Can you tell me what exact steps you took to make it disappear? I can't seem to make it happen here..

(2012-12-04, 02:13)jingai Wrote: Can you tell me what exact steps you took to make it disappear? I can't seem to make it happen here..

Sure.

0.) Started XBMC with Git version of Metro
1.) Select "Movies"
2.) Select Title
3.) Info screen appears
4.) Play button appears and choose it - movie starts
5.) Stop title - and returns to Movie library
6.) Select title and return to info screen
7.) Play button is no longer present
8.) Toggle buttons, only the "Play" text is present.

This procedure (on Win7x64 Frodo Beta 2) is in a fraps capture here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/630874/XBMC%202012-12-03%2020-04-20-88.avi

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-12-04

Thanks for the detailed report. This has been fixed.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - debennett2 - 2012-12-07

Extremely new to this skin. I am trying to add sub-menu items to the Favourites section of the home screen. When I try to add a favourite (browse through them) I am only seeing the first portion of my favourites and not the complete list.

Is this a known issue? If so, is there a workaround?

Also, is there a way to add more sub-menu items in general (i.e. scrolling possibly)? I'd like to use two or three more. The idea of browsing through add-ons for very commonly-used add-ons is not good for WAF...even though I'm not married.

Thanks for any help!

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2012-12-07

(2012-12-07, 17:28)debennett2 Wrote: Extremely new to this skin. I am trying to add sub-menu items to the Favourites section of the home screen. When I try to add a favourite (browse through them) I am only seeing the first portion of my favourites and not the complete list.

How many favorites do you have?

(2012-12-07, 17:28)debennett2 Wrote: Also, is there a way to add more sub-menu items in general (i.e. scrolling possibly)? I'd like to use two or three more.

Not currently.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - tuffno - 2012-12-14

Awsome skin, converted from alaska yesterday. In skin appearance settings I can set xbmc startup window to Videos. In eden though Videos doesnt mean the same as in dharma. I would like the startup screen to be in Videos but Files. when I set a keybind to activate this window it looks like this.
<s mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,FILES)</s>
Thats the window I would like XBMC,metropolis to startup in. How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.