Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Metropolis skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: [WIP] Metropolis skin (/showthread.php?tid=99317)

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2014-09-24

Releasing 2.9.0 tomorrow (2014/09/24).

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - kenno7 - 2014-09-25

Thanks for the release!
I have downloaded and tested on Windows and am happy with it and the option for custom items on the homepage!

Is it available for the raspberry pi?
I have downloaded and tried to install but says that the dependancies are not met..
I tried putting the skin straight into the addons folder as well but it is not showing up . .

Thanks

[WIP] Metropolis skin - jingai - 2014-09-25

I don't have a raspberry Pi so I don't really know. Which dependencies are missing?

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - VelvetKevorkian - 2014-09-26

I haven't test 2.9.0 yet, so maybe this has been changed already, but this bugged me:
As you can see, the progress bar stretches a into the numbers.
The text could also use a bit more shadow against white backgrounds
and a low position would be better imho (text vs. faces in fanart).

Another thing:
This is visible when clicking left while being in a music playlist.
Is this a bug? The view seems odd.

Nitpicking again, i know.
But i love this skin (!)

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - tokr1975 - 2014-09-27

Thanks for the update - I love this skin.

I did notice a couple of things... I previously used the Icon Home Layout... I had toiled around a bit previously with the Default Home Layout.... I noticed that after this update, all the sections (movies, tv etc) that I had changed backgrounds on in Default Home Layout, now didn't display properly in the icon home layout. Basically it looks as if the whole home image had tried to jam itself into the icon box... hope that makes sense. This issue isn't that important to me personally since I will be using the new horizontal layout from now on.

Of greater concern however (if one can use such language when it comes to a minor issues with a skin), is that the music option from the menu has disappeared and been replaced with a second movies option. The sub menus on this new movies option is what they used to be in music, so I suspect it is just the name and the image. It may have something to do with me having set the system up to start SpotiMC plugin when selecting music?

Lastly is there a donation section somewhere? - someone deserves some beers for their efforts on this skin.

update: if I deselect "override default link" under settings/home items/music, the problem goes away... however, now music doesn't start spotimc directly anymore, i have to scroll down the sub menu

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - MacGyver - 2014-09-27

I would say that given the many changes jingai has made recently, that if you are having problems, the first thing you should try is "resetting skin defaults".
This will of course require you to rest all the custom stuff you may have set, but skin toggles from the last version may do different things now, and this is the only way for your version and jingai's to start from the same place. (that way he can help)

@VelvetKevorkian, I see it too (with a clean install).

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - tokr1975 - 2014-09-27

(2014-09-27, 13:08)MacGyver Wrote: I would say that given the many changes jingai has made recently, that if you are having problems, the first thing you should try is "resetting skin defaults".

This is sound advise, I'll do just that.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - protocol77 - 2014-09-28

not sure if this has been mentioned but i tried the new version today just to see what was new (i usually use hybrid) and i noticed that if you have a video playing then go back to the main menu the playing video window is in front of the menu options so you can't see the menu items i had to guess my way around to get anyway

now this is with horizontal menu enabled i cannot say if does with normal vertical menu because most like the video will be inside that box and the menu items are to the far left

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - MacGyver - 2014-09-28

@VelvetKevorkian
The fix for the shuffle issue is to modify the code in MyMusicPlaylist.xml line 40 from:
Code:
            <control type="radiobutton" id="20">
            </control>
to
Code:
            <control type="radiobutton" id="20">
                <visible allowhiddenfocus="true">false</visible>
            </control>

@protocal77

The issue is that Metropolis really isn't supposed to display that video overlay in any thing other than the original menu, with the addition of all the new views the following line was not modified for the new view. In VideoOverlay.xml line 13:
Code:
            <visible>Window.IsActive(home) + !Skin.HasSetting(home2) </visible>
to
Code:
            <visible>Window.IsActive(home) + ![Skin.HasSetting(home2) | Skin.HasSetting(home3)]</visible>
to tell the video overlay to not display it in the new view.

If I knew how to use Git hub with any level of competency, I could add the new branch to mine, and then submit fixes straight to jingai to help out, but I can't.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - VelvetKevorkian - 2014-09-30

thx again Smile

Completely off-topic, but is it possible to change the spinning CD (.gif?) to a spinning vinyl record?
If so, how?

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - MacGyver - 2014-09-30

Not a gif, it's an animation.
So change line 192 in Includes_Animations.xml from

Code:
<texture fallback="cd.png">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]/cdart.png</texture>
to
Code:
<texture fallback="record.png">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]/cdart.png</texture>

and stick the record.png in the media folder.

Google search or record png

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - VelvetKevorkian - 2014-10-01

it worked, thx very much Smile

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - VelvetKevorkian - 2014-10-04

Possible bug:

when playing music, the CD-cover/now playing text is not displayed @ home,
gets displayed at the bottom when going to settings screen.

edit:
recently added widget on home screen does not seem to work for music.

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - mihvel - 2014-10-12

A question for the Metropolis authors:
Did you thought about possibility to display information about the Movie/TV Show country on the info page?

Maybe you can consider to adopt what I changed in DialogVideoInfo.xml: http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/57792985/file.html

RE: [WIP] Metropolis skin - jayleekay - 2014-10-18

Can someone give me some advice here? I have set my systems up to share the playlists and favorites across all devices using the <substitute> function. It works. when i click on favourites it shows all favourites ive created on other devices. however, when I try to set up a favorite shortcut I only see the favourrites I created locally. Any way to fix that?