XBMC Live with sickbeard & Couchpotato & SAB???
Is it possible to create an xbmc live usb flash drive that contains sickbeard, couchpotato sabnzbd and browser for nzb searchengines?? Looking to have a usb stick that I can plug into a PC, is bootable and contains all of those features configured and ready to use.
Thanks!
Freak has this stuff, no?
It does. When I tried XBMCFreak I had some issues configuring SMB but that might have been my own ignorance. Also I found when perusing the forums that I really, really wish I spoke Dutch since so much of the content goes on in it.
Apparently, OpenELEC has some plans to include those apps. No ETA, do.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
hmm... so xbmc freak can possibly do what I am looking for? I like openelec but it seems things can only be added via xbmc add on manager. I am looking for these programs to be installed outside of XBMC.
Thanks
apex82 Wrote:Is it possible to create an xbmc live usb flash drive that contains sickbeard, couchpotato sabnzbd and browser for nzb searchengines?? Looking to have a usb stick that I can plug into a PC, is bootable and contains all of those features configured and ready to use.
Thanks!

Create a bootable XBMClive stick, boot off of that, ctrl-alt-f2 to bring up terminal, install everything else you're looking for, ctrl-alt-f1 to get back to xbmc to setup any addons you need, shutdown. There you go.
bare with me... totally new to linux/ubuntu. I got it up and running with live and got to terminal by pressing ctr alt f2 however when pressing ctrl alt f1 it did not send me back into xbmc... I just had to give up and restart. Is there a newb install guide for xbmc live that may go over adding some of these add on programs outside of the xbmc add on manager? I have searched and cant find anything and the wiki doesnt help.
Thanks
Try ctrl+f7 instead of ctrl+f1 to get back to XBMC.
Sorry, did some weird stuff to mine that made it f1. f7 should be correct.
apex82 Wrote:Is it possible to create an xbmc live usb flash drive that contains sickbeard, couchpotato sabnzbd and browser for nzb searchengines?? Looking to have a usb stick that I can plug into a PC, is bootable and contains all of those features configured and ready to use.
Thanks!

Suggestion: Get an Qnap nas they have sickbeard, coutchpotato and sabnzbd as qpkg packeges. Download 1 qpkg file and install on your nas an voila done. All you need after is configuration ofc...

Config your computer / htpc with xbmc and act as dedicated player. All the download functions including holding your movies etc is on the nas unit. Works like a charm Smile
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
I am still having issues getting these other programs installed... If someone could help me with a tutorial or possibly write a script that installs sickbeard, couchpotato,firefox and possibly nvidia and sound drivers I would pay some decent money for this... let me know if feasible.
Thanks
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99826

Read that
Good guide but I know that info already. I need specific instructions on getting these 3rd party apps to work on xbmc live
What problems are you having specifically? Nobody can help you if you don't first let them know what obstacles you're facing.
After exiting out into terminal from XBMC live. What are the specific lines of code I need to type in to get sabnzbd, couchpotato, sickbeard and firefox. After getting them, how do I launch and edit the configs for each program. Like I said, I am in dire need of this and will supplement with funds for your help.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live with sickbeard & Couchpotato & SAB???0