Shocking Audio
Hi All

Here's my problem just bought new LG led tv XBMC connects through hdmi but my audio is shocking when playing music distorting when i turn it up

Cheers Dibsta
Um. Sounds dangerous? I'm assuming your use of the word "shocking" is different from my use of the word shocking.
Static maybe?
Run it through a sound system - TV speakers are generally not very good.
Speakers in TV's are generally not designed for music and the ones in LED TV's are not designed for high volume either what sort of speakers do you think they can fit into screens that are extremely slim, playing anything that's causing distortion is not going to be doing them any good at all
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Does it behave the same way with another device, say a bluray player, hooked into the same port? Are you listening at a reasonable volume?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
The speakers they put in their LED TV's are normally only 10 Watts per channel they are not meant to be used for music or to be run at high volume

You only have to look at how slim the screens are to understand your not going to get a great sound I think there probably only there as a selling point as the average customer wont by a screen without speakers
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Hi sound works ok when listening to music on MTV so i think its not the tv at fault
Turn the volume down in XBMC with F9-F10 or turn down the mixer device in windows, and turn the volume up on the tv instead.

Regards tuxen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shocking Audio0