Unbearably slow buffering from network folders (not as clear cut as it sounds)
I've been all over the net looking for a sollution to this, I've found many posts from people experiancing the same thing but no sollutions yet.

I've been using XBMC for over a year and it's been flawless but recently I've been having this problem. First some background:

XBMC is installed on my HTPC (win7) and all of my media files reside on a different PC (win7) which is connected via ethernet cable through a router.

Recently I formatted the system with my media. After formatting I reshared all of my folders. Because the folder names never changed I didn't need to do anything with my HTPC.

However ever since that day all files under the MOVIES tab in XBMC (Backrow skin) take 30-45 seconds to start playing. this is NOT a network congestion issue I can access the files immediatly if I use library mode, I can access the files instantly if I use Windows explorer.

Also this does not effect anything under the TV SHOWS tab.

I totally uninstalled XBMC (profile and all) I re-added my folders and re-scanned my files and I am STILL having this issue.

What else can I try?

Thanks!
1st: Post a Debug Log
2nd:Wired or Wireless
3rd:How Many Systems are accessing your "Media Server" at a given Time.
4th:If you are downloading a lot if things (3 torrents or more) that may tie up the bandwidth.
1) The log will have to wait till I get home.

2) Wired

3&4) I have already confirmed that it is not a bandwidth issue. the issue only happens under very specific circumstances. the exact same files can be accessed instantly in Library mode or in Windows Explorer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unbearably slow buffering from network folders (not as clear cut as it sounds)0