Harddrive clone\backup XBMC.live
Hi al,
newbie here as a linux master but a installed XBMC.live on IOn box (foxcon) - made many changes to configuration and setup ( skins , fonts , screen calibration etc) now i have another 3 * foxcon machines that i want to use the same setup and not retype everything again ... Sad ---- my first Q is what can i do to make a clone harddrive so i can change make an iso image of my current setup ?

second Q - after every restart i lose all screen calibrations and custome fonts - is that because i used not the default skins ( i use skin.aeun.aux instead of the original)

can u pls help me

tx a lot!
Cloning your system is quiet easy with Acronis True Image Home 2011.
The new version of Acronis can take images of ext4 hard drive.
But change after cloning the hostname of the system.

The second thing I can't help you sry.

Greets
Pea
Tx a lot for the fast reply, so install it on my win pc and it can connect to my linux.live installed on the network
Fastest and best way is to make a bootable acronis cd an clone the disk directly or make an image on your networkdrive.

I use it for my ubntu xbmc installation and make from time to time an image on my networkdrive.
Its not a net drive , its a xbmc.live installed on another macine in the lan
I have 3 apple tv 1 running linux and Apple Tv..
I made a bootable pen drive (Penbutnu) that boot linux and attached that anda 120 gig usb drive (overkill) to a usb hub and plugged into Apple tv.
This boots into Linux. I execute
mkdir tmp
mount /dev/sdc1 tmp <---this is the 120 gig drive
dd if=/dev/sda of=tmp/image.img

This makes a sector by sector copy of the drive
then I bring this pendrive, 120gig drive and hub to another apple tv1 and plug it in and execute

mkdir tmp
mount /dev/sdc1 tmp <---this is the 120 gig drive
dd if=tmp/image.img of=/dev/sda1

quick and dirty and it works
CloneZilla

Free and fast
boot the other machine from a live CD/USB, create a partition, start sshd and rsync your existing install over ssh Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harddrive clone\backup XBMC.live0