YES! Finally a victory to setting up xbmc
I got the weather to work. Yep that is it. I still can not connect xbmc to my network to see my folders. I am at my wits end but god willing I will figure this dang thing out.
Check YouTube to see if there are any xbmc dharma tutorials for adding and scanning sources into xbmc. I am a very visual person so it always helps me more than a written walk-through.

I know there is goood info on the wiki for thid as well.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Pridetv Wrote:I got the weather to work. Yep that is it. I still can not connect xbmc to my network to see my folders. I am at my wits end but god willing I will figure this dang thing out.

Can you elaborate a little more on what you mean by connect to your network... are you trying to access your XBMC via http? or to access media shares on another device?
I will check out dharma. Not sure what it is but I will look in to it. So I have researching for the last week ti find out why when I go to add source and hit browse my shared files do not show up. Every file in my pc is shared and windows live sign on doesn't even exist yet no files show up on xbmc. I am using a jail broken apple tv 2. Do I need to go to network settings and point xbmc to my computer? It took forever to break ATV 2 now that I have done it I can't watch movies, pics or music on it. Thanks for any help you can give.
Try and map the shares on the other machine to drive letters first, then once you are able to access them via drive letter than see if the drives displayed within XBMC.
Videos
Add videos
Browse
Add network location
Protocol windows network smb (not sure if that is what I should be using)
Server name (I am using the ip address off of my pc by going to cmd, ipconfig and taking the . Once I tried the apple tv ip address and that didn't work either.
Shared folder is blank
Username is my computer name. On the paths for folders it is in all caps VANO-PC or vano-PC Which should I use? Is the syntax correct
Password is the password I use at the initial start up of my pc
This didn't work. I get the timed out error then the cant connect to the network error. What should I be doing to get xbmc to connect to my network. Thanks in advance.
Thank you all for the help. I was able to connect after shutting down an expired mcafee firewall. This forum is fantastic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YES! Finally a victory to setting up xbmc0