Harmony keymap not working
Question 
I can't get the Video Time Seek feature (jump to time code in video) to work on my Harmony remote.

When i enter a time on my keyboard and press ENTER the video jumps to that time, this works as expected. But when i enter a time on my Harmony remote and press OK nothing happens and the time bar dissapears after timeout, because it doesn't seem to receive the 'Select' command.
So i looked in to my keymap file, mines named joystick.Harmony.xml and placed in the keymap directory in XBMC userdata.
This is what i've got there:
Code:
<keymap>
  <VideoTimeSeek>
    <joystick name="Harmony">
      <!-- OK        -->      <button id="5">Select</button>
      <!-- #enter    -->      <button id="36">Select</button>
    </joystick>
  </VideoTimeSeek>
</keymap>
I think this is correct, but it doesn't work nontheless.
If i make other altercations to my keymap they work, so the keymap file seems to work okay. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?
look in the debug log
The debug log should certainly show what signals XBMC is receiving from your remote.

I'm uncertain how your remote is set up. The Harmony will just be emulating some IR handset, so what matters is what IR receiver you have connected to your PC, and what operating system you're using. In Windows the IR receivers normally emulate keyboards so the Harmony handset should be acting as a keyboard.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The debug log should certainly show what signals XBMC is receiving from your remote.

I'm uncertain how your remote is set up. The Harmony will just be emulating some IR handset, so what matters is what IR receiver you have connected to your PC, and what operating system you're using. In Windows the IR receivers normally emulate keyboards so the Harmony handset should be acting as a keyboard.

JR
Okay i should have posted a debug log right away, but i expected it had to do with my wrong keymap.

I'm using pre-eden built date 10 sept. for OSX 10.6.8. I use it on a Mac Mini, with the build-in IR receiver. Here is the debug log.

[edit]
Hmm no remote presses seem to get logged in the debug log. Not even if i change loglevel to 3. What do i have to do to get these is the debug log?
Ah, I'm afraid I don't know how the Mac IR receiver is handled and I don't have a Mac to experiment on.

JR
Just tested my macmini running win7 with showkey.

The IR Recevier is called Apple IR Receiver

It picks up Vol up, vol down next track, prev track play pause as WM_APP_COMMANDS from the apple remote

It doesn't pick up anything from a no-name RC6 remote I have here

JR - Is there something more I can do to test the Apple IR Receiver?

Edit - should have picked up OSX. Not sure where my mind was at. Sorry about that
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Thanks rocketpants, but the behaviour will be controlled by the device driver and will be completely different in Windows and OSX. The problem is that I've never done any work on ther LIRC code so I don't know it, and that makes it hard for me to help with DyStiC's problem. I'm not even sure if the remote uses LIRC on OSX as I'd guess Aplle havea special API for the remote.

It's interesting to know that the Mac remote uses appcommands on Windows. I use a Mini with XP/Bootcamp as my HTPC, but I've connected an MCE IR receiver. I might have a play with the Mac remote.

JR
Thanx for your help so far guys. But now that i understand debugging IR control on a OSX is a different game, could you then perhaps move this topic to the MAC section jhsrennie? maybe someone there can help me.
DyStiC Wrote:could you then perhaps move this topic to the MAC section jhsrennie? maybe someone there can help me.

I suggest you just create a new thread in the Mac forum.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony keymap not working0