What is xbmc for?
Tried to watch a movie today, but could not 'get' to any. When I select video I get an empty box (video library) with two dots on top (return to the previous directory), and that's all. Anyone knows how I can get to anywhere from there? Or perhaps how to 'reset' it?

- sgreen
Did you scan your sources into the library. You need to add files, set the content to movies or tv and let it scrape. The wiki has all of the instructions for this.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
There's a guide and a video with the basics

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ia_Sources
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Do you have video files already? XBMC is like a player + organizer (among other things). While you can use add-ons to get videos form the internet, the main feature of XBMC is to play your existing video files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is xbmc for?0