[Linux]default web interface not installing correctly
Hi all,

Can you please help? The default web interface seems not to have installed/be displaying correctly.

It only displays the "movies" and "music" buttons, doesn't give the option for the remote. Looking the source code for the webpage, the remote option is commented out.

I have re-installed Linux and XBMC several times, on different machines and this happens quite often. I did get one install where it worked correctly, but something else happened and I had to re-install.

Whenever I tried to install from the "XBMC Live" CD, I never got the remote to display.

Current setup is Dell laptop, 1.8ghz Intel CPU, running Ubuntu 11.10. XBMC system info screen says around 300mb free memory, OS - Linux 3.0.0.15-generic #26-Ubunutu SMP, XBMC 10.1 Git:Unknown, compiled Mar 9 2011.

After installing Ubuntu I used this webpage to install XBMC.

Quote:To Install in Ubuntu 11.10/Linux Mint 12 open Terminal and copy the following commands in the Terminal:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
sudo apt-get update
sudo wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list && sudo apt-get --quiet update && sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get --quiet update

Now adding maverick ppa and installing XBMC enter following commands in Terminal:

echo deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu maverick main | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 91E7EE5E
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

I've tried the other interfaces and I don't like them very much. DWX works well for playing films etc, but it doesn't seem to let me control the other add-ons, like YouTube and iPlayer.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'd rather not re-install everything again, but if I need to....Smile

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux]default web interface not installing correctly0