Win [SOLVED] Cordless Rumblepad not recognized by XBMC
I'm running XBMC Eden on Windows 7 64bit SP1.

Oddly, neither of my 2 Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2's are being recognized by XBMC.

-I installed their drivers properly

-They are detected in all of my emulators

-I checked C:/Program Files (x84)/XBMC/system/keymaps, and there is a joystick.Logitech.RumblePad.2.xml

-I made a copy of joystick.Logitech.RumblePad.2.xml in C:/Users/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/XBMC/userdata/keymaps, but that has no effect

Not sure what to try next, and I can't find anything related through Google

Does anyone have any idea?

Many thanks in advance
You can use progress like Xpadder or AutoHotkey to bind the button to keys. I have the same controller at home and will give it a try if you have no progress later on..
Checking the XBMC log, I came across this:

22:54:58 T:4500 NOTICE: Enabled Joystick: Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 USB
22:54:58 T:4500 NOTICE: Details: Total Axis: 4 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 12
22:54:58 T:4500 NOTICE: Enabled Joystick: Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 USB
22:54:58 T:4500 NOTICE: Details: Total Axis: 4 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 12
22:54:59 T:4500 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window scriptsdebuginfo
22:54:59 T:4500 ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.

This didn't help me find anything new through Google, I'm hoping someone knows what the issue is here
Does the name for the pad in the xml match EXACTLY to what you see in the log?
(2012-07-01, 07:03)kricker Wrote: Does the name for the pad in the xml match EXACTLY to what you see in the log?

Yes, here is the contents of my xml - Pastebin link

This is a modified (improvement) xml that I downloaded from another thread. However, the default xml does not work either

My last HTPC was an Asus laptop, but it developed a very nasty overheating issue. I was running OpenELEC and Ubuntu dual-boot. I actually copied the .xml from that machine which was working perfectly fine, so I'm really confused on why they are not being recognized by XBMC now.

**Edit** yeah this is very odd... I powered on my ASUS with the controllers attached and launched XBMC. I checked the log, and it says exactly the same thing, except my controllers work. The Xml is also identical to what I am using on my new HTPC.

So based on the log, I think this means that they are being recognized by XBMC (?)

However, I did not change any functions of the buttons on my controllers- they are still using the default settings. So the button presses should be sending the correct signals as outlined in the xml
(2012-07-01, 07:03)kricker Wrote: Does the name for the pad in the xml match EXACTLY to what you see in the log?

You were onto something here Smile I got the controllers to work!

Here is what I needed to do:

1. Copy joystick.Logitech.RumblePad.2.xml from C:/Program Files (x84)/XBMC/system/keymaps to %User%/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/keymaps

2. Rename the file to joystick.Logitech.RumblePad.2.USB.xml

3. Edit the document, and perform a "find and replace", replacing all instances of Logitech Logitech RumblePad 2 with Logitech RumblePad 2 USB

Pretty complicated process Confused But it worked! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Cordless Rumblepad not recognized by XBMC0