Multiple ATV's in a network?
Hi everyone. I've to say I've been impressed with XBMC and I'm very happy with it.

Just got my atv2 jailbroken and I was wondering if it is possible to have two or three atv working at the same time over my network.

Anyone have tried that?

I'm using an airport extreme with an USB hard disk and it works fantastic. So I would like to add one atv to the network if possible.

Thanks in advance.
iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have 2 AppleTV2's on my network. Both are hardwired with Gigabit Ethernet though.
Thanks for the reply.

Do you get smooth playback using both at the same time? I'd like to do that using the shared hard drive that is connected to the airport extreme's usb port.

or do you think is too much?
(2012-07-13, 05:22)mcpish Wrote: I have 2 AppleTV2's on my network. Both are hardwired with Gigabit Ethernet though.

Apple tv doesn't have a gigabit Ethernet adapter. Undecided
Not to much. I have 3 atvs to my wifi and can stream 720p material to all three at the same time. As long as your atv has a decent signal, no problem.
Great. Good news. So I'll get a second atv :-)
(2012-07-13, 06:11)dieselboy27 Wrote:
(2012-07-13, 05:22)mcpish Wrote: I have 2 AppleTV2's on my network. Both are hardwired with Gigabit Ethernet though.

Apple tv doesn't have a gigabit Ethernet adapter. Undecided

very true. The ATV2 only has FAST ETHERNET. To be more clear, both my ATV's are connected to a switch located near the back of my house where the bedrooms are which IS gigabit ethernet capable and has a single line back (gigabit speed) to my router at the other end of my house, which is also a gigabit ethernet router on all ports. Then my file server is connected to that router via a Gigabit ethernet connection.

So yes technically it's not gigabit all the way to my 2 ATV's, only to the final switch near the back of the house that the 2 ATV's are directly connected to. In any case, yes the playback is smooth and perfect while playing back from both ATV's simultanously.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple ATV's in a network?0