XBMC Won't Start up
XBMC worked great for the last 2 months, but now won't get past the startup screen before it says it has stoped working.

http://pastebin.com/SLBLEwgX for the latest XBMC.log The last line of the log is frequently NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777

Let me know if I missed any info that is not on pastebin in the XBMC.log

Thanks in advance, you guys are the best!
The relevant error is:

Code:
ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)

To work out what is closing this we'll need to see a debug log. Press Windows-R and in te Run dialog type:

Code:
notepad "%APPDATA%\xbmc\userdata\advancedsettings.xml"

then click OK and when you're asked to create a new file answer yes. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

then close Notepad and save the changes. Start XBMC again and in the log you should now see lots of lines containing "DEBUG:". Post the log on pastebin and we'll have a look.

A DirectX error usually indicates some video problem, so something must have changed before XBMC stopped working. Did you update the video drivers or change any video settings?
http://pastebin.com/uK6wbkkF

Done above is the link to the new log. There are now debugs line.
I did not update the video driver or change any video settings. The only change was an update to Safari and Quicktime.

Thank you so much for your help, we have missed XBMC, the last 48 hours.
It's hard to tell exactly what's causing the crash as you have a lot going on at startup. I would reset the settings to the default (this won't affect your library). Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
"%APPDATA%\xbmc\userdata"

and click OK and an Explorer window will open. Find the file called guisettings.xml and rename it to guisettings.bak. Now start XBMC and it should start up with the default settings. If it still crashes post the debug log again.
Thank you. That worked to get it running again. Does that mean it wasn't a plug-in either? I guess I just rebuild the gui the way I had it before watching to see when it stops working?

You guy are the best.
Ted
When it did work that time it updated my Aeon Nox skin.
I renamed my guisettings back to .xml and restarted and it worked just fine with all my old settings.
I am thinking there was a problem with skin that was either intentional or unintentionally fixed with the new update.

Works great with all my old settings in place again.
Thnx for the update.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Won't Start up0