Seperate folders in movie section
Hi!

this is my first here on this forum. I've been using my Synology DS112, Apple TV2 and XBMC V11.0 Eden for a little over one month and I wonder if it's possible to add folders to the movie section. All the movies that I've added, are put together in one list/library. My animated movies are in the same list as the SAW movies. I would like to change that. My question is, is it possible to add some folders in the movies section. Or do have to do something else to separate the movies?

Thanks in advance.
A few options:

Profiles (wiki) can make more than one library that you can log into
Smart playlists (wiki) can sort your content automatically using various means
•Use file view, which can display library metadata (cover art, summaries, etc), but with folders

You can often mix these with a skin that offers custom home items so you can have direct access from the home screen.

The next version of XBMC, v12 (Frodo), will have even more options and make it even easier to do this.
You can also use the existing genres, or add custom genres (through .nfo editing) - then set those genres as favorites, and then use skin options to point to the favorites on the home screen.

Smart playlists are definitely the most customizable method for sorting though. It will probably have a bit of a learning curve though. It's worth it though. I've used this method to separate out Kids' tv/movies, Documentaries, Concerts (some skins support this by default), etc.

Profiles are effective if you want multiple users to each have their "own" XBMC setup on the same box.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seperate folders in movie section0