XBMC crashes only while scrolling through libraries
running XBMCbuntu - XBMC 11.0 GIT;unknown (compiled:Mar 24, 2012)
Linux 3.0.0 - 24 generic #40Ubuntu

I can go into XBMC and go through all of the system menus and make any changes. As soon as I go to my movie or TV library and start scrolling through XBMC shuts down.

Was working good up till now and nothing has changed as far as software or settings.

The Debug Log might show you why.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

total noob when it comes to linux sytems.

can't view my logs. Tried posting and here is what I got.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10517

You'll have to navigate to that file and open it up in an editor to see the contents. Then select all of it, copy it, paste it, and post it on that site.
How do I view a log fileHuh? Not at all familiar with Linux.
You can find it using the file browser and double-click it (it's in ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log) or open a terminal, cd to the directory and run nano xbmc.log (to edit, browse it) or "cat blabla.log" to output it to the console.
(2012-10-14, 00:21)negge Wrote: You can find it using the file browser and double-click it (it's in ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log) or open a terminal, cd to the directory and run nano xbmc.log (to edit, browse it) or "cat blabla.log" to output it to the console.

ran nano command and viewed the log but how do I copy the text?
(2012-10-13, 02:40)mihkakc Wrote: I can go into XBMC and go through all of the system menus and make any changes. As soon as I go to my movie or TV library and start scrolling through XBMC shuts down.

Was working good up till now and nothing has changed as far as software or settings.

Hi, i have exactly the same issue. Have you already found out how to solve it?

(XBMC 11 "Eden running on ATV2)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes only while scrolling through libraries0