Connect to shared library when server uses VPN
I have preaviosly used XBMC on my iOS and was able to connect to the shared library on my server running MySQL. This also worked when I wasn't home, using my external IP address. I have now started to use VPN on my server, but this give me a new situation. How do I connect to my SQL database when I'm not on my local network? I guess I can't use just the right IP address or....

Actually I'm not that strong with VPNs, so my issue is if it's possible to connect to my SQL database, when the server is using VPN?
Yes,this works fine for me just using the same local IP I would at home.
(2012-11-20, 22:39)ChipsAhoy Wrote: Yes,this works fine for me just using the same local IP I would at home.

It doesn't make sence. In the advancedsettings file you have entered the local IP address. How would that work when you not on you homenetwork?

Or maybe I need to make VPN connection from my iOS to the server. Will this make the local IP address for the server work for the iOS, even I'm away from home? Sorry if these questions are stupid, but I'm not the strong with VPN.
I`m not at network man, but isn`t the point of VPN that it should work as you are on your home network?
AKA: use your local adress? or computer name?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2012-11-21, 09:32)pettergulbra Wrote: I`m not at network man, but isn`t the point of VPN that it should work as you are on your home network?
AKA: use your local adress? or computer name?

Yes it is. However shouldn't it still be possible to connect to the server without using VPN? The of cause the IP would have to be the external IP.

Further if the VPN is the only way, then i need to ba able to create VPN connection on my iOS's?
You will first need to setup the vpn connection in the settings for iOS. Then just use the local IP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connect to shared library when server uses VPN0