Win Gigabyte board reboots on wake from sleep after UEFI upgrade
I know it's a long shot and I have some other posts out there on other forums but this is pretty much the only place I hang out so I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone here has run into the same thing.

Basically, I did the newest BIOS update on my mobo this morning which took me to UEFI. Everything went well and is working fine with one exception:

When I put the PC to sleep, the screen fades like it always did and appears to sleep. When I press a button to wake, I see the AMI logo and am presented with the "Windows did no shutdown properly" screen as if I had suddenly powered off.

This is kind of a big deal since my HTPC is a dedicated XBMC box and has no mouse or keyboard. The benefits gained from UEFI are negated by the 30 second wait to "Boot Normally" since I can't press enter to continue.

I have read through everything I could find on the EUFI and haven't found anything that had made a difference. I really don't want to go back to the F10 BIOS but I may have to at this point.

Any suggestions would be great!!!

Thanks in advance.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Did you ever resolve this issue?
No. After going back and forth with Gigabyte, they finally admitted it was a bug. I was told it would be passed on and addressed in a future release. Felt more like a blow off. I just went back to BIOS.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
As the owner of 2 gigabyte MB based machines (main pc and HTPC), I solemnly swear never to buy one again. Their BIOS support is hopeless. Reboot loops, random bios corruption, inability to boot from partitioned USB sticks. Ive seriously had it with them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gigabyte board reboots on wake from sleep after UEFI upgrade0