Android Increase XBMC Stream Buffer?
Is there a way to increase the pre-loading buffer on XBMC, as in have it download for 10-20 seconds before starting to attempt playback? I have a Rikomagic MK802 IIIS running Android 4.1.1 and when I try to stream MKV files to XBMC the video is very choppy. However, if I copy the same MKV file to the internal SD card and play the video with the built in video player, the video plays fine with no latency or problems.

Thanks!
(2013-02-15, 03:24)ironicsky Wrote: Is there a way to increase the pre-loading buffer on XBMC, as in have it download for 10-20 seconds before starting to attempt playback? I have a Rikomagic MK802 IIIS running Android 4.1.1 and when I try to stream MKV files to XBMC the video is very choppy. However, if I copy the same MKV file to the internal SD card and play the video with the built in video player, the video plays fine with no latency or problems.

Thanks!

has Anyone found an answer for this?
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...network.3E

Basically, you make an advancedsettings.xml file (in plain text) and save it to your userdata folder (wiki) with the following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
  <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

That will use the drive space instead of RAM, allowing it to cache probably the whole file if need be.
Using 'drive space' on Android means using NAND and NAND can be much slower to write/read than wifi or ethernet. Besides, NAND writes are large chunks so it can really be silly to treat it like real disk space.
Sure, but I wouldn't doubt painfully horrible the wifi on the MK802 IIIS (dongle style) :)
So if i set a value in this it will setup a buffer in ram? so if i want to use 1GB of the 2GB on my android stick i'd set it to 3,333,333 (as the wiki says it will use 3x that ammount in physical ram?
If you set it to 0 then it won't use RAM, but instead use the internal memory (drive) space, allowing you to cache a lot more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Increase XBMC Stream Buffer?0