MQ4- can`t change the subtitle addon
hi,

I am using XBMC 12, with the latest MQ4 skin.
I am tring to change the subtitle add-on (should be done trough: appearance-> skin->settings )
but the settings button is disabled, so i cant change the default subtitle add-on.

i installed the addon and when i try on video watching enter the subtitle menu, is tells me that the xbmc subtitle addon is missing.

i also tried to enter the default skin, and then i can change in the settings of the skin the addon shortcut for the Video OSD to the other subtitles addon, and its works fine (with the default skin), when i move back to MQ4.
it requires again the XBMC Subtitle addon.

http://s9.postimage.org/oz03r5s1r/screenshot000.png

someone can help?
I just installed XBMC Subtitles add-on. Then when I'm watching something press the m key to get the bottom menu, and then select subtitles. All works fine.
you didn't understand me. i have costume subtitle addon, not the xbmc one.
with the default skin i can change the default subtitle addon to mine, but in MQ4 i cant change it, because as i
showed in the picture the settings of the skin are disabled.

so there is any way to install other subtitle addon instead of the official xbmc one?
I don't think so. The menu you are trying to find does not exist in MQ4. Well I've never come across it anyway.

I would hazard a guess that MQ4 has only been designed to use the officially addon. The lyrics addons work in a similar way on MQ4, but this gives you the option to select which addon you wish to use when you turn the lyrics on. It would appear subtitles do not work in the same way.
OK,
the other addon, is the same as the default XBMC subtitle, but customized to our community.

do you know any way to modified the MQ4 SKIN manually to force it to work with the modified addon?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ4- can`t change the subtitle addon0