xbmc freezes in playlist view
hi! i have a problem with xbmc (cvs 2005-10-27) when creating a temp playlist (enqueue songs with remote "0"). everything works fine but when i view the playlist ("title" -> now playing) and try to go back to "my music" or the menu etc. xbmc freezes....
enable debug logging, cause the freeze, then reboot and post your xbmc.log (or xbmc.log.old if you use xbmc as ur dash.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
well the logfile showed it was a problem with the database files in the albums folder. i deleted them and everything works fine now. thanks for your help!
i'm getting the same problem. i deleted those .db files and still mine freezes when it goes to the next track on the playlist.

when i add a track to the playlist in my music (through my smb share), it plays no worries, when that song finishes and goes to the next track on the playlist it freezes the whole box (nothing works not even l+r+select+start)Huh?

seems unusual, i'm using 7th nov build with t3ch
mopresor, i'm getting the same error now. did you ever find out what was wrong?
i suggest you update to the latest version. there were a few problems related to charset conversion that affected playlists and caused xbmc to crash.

** edit **
hmm, looking in the bugs forums, the problem may still exist.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i've been running a version from the end of august & it's was working great until yesterday. i had problems with a build from november, so i went back to the august one.
i deleted the xbmc folder & installed the 12-18 build this morning. it worked for a while, but then started freezing when switching songs. it would also shuffle the playlist, although shuffle was not selected.
i've deleted the xbmc folder, the tdata & udata folder, re-installed & set the log level to 0. i'll post back what the log says if it does it again.
the freezing when switching songs is likely related to the charset conversion problem. when a song starts playing, the tag information is read in (regardless of the id3 tag reading setting.) the crash can occur when the tag information is converted into strings.
i deleted the xbmc, tdata & udata folders & reinstalled the 12-18 t3ch build & it's working fine now. i used it for several hours with no trouble.
kraqh3d, because of your comment about charset, i made sure i set the resolution to 720p 16:9 instead of auto. i'm pretty sure i had it set to this before, so i don't know if this is what helped or not. would this make a difference?
resolution shouldnt matter. by charset conversion, i meant utf8 symbols.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc freezes in playlist view0