Win No Addon working anymore
I have installed XBMC 12 on windows 7 on my dedicates HTPC. Everything was working fine until yesterday but all of a sudden the add-ons have stoped working. They either dont download. I have to manually refresh the inventory to bring up the list. The downloaded add-ons like uTube, TED give 'waiting' for v loong time but eventually i cannot get to the content. I have already tried uninstalling/re-installing XBMC. the network speed test via browser on the pc shows > 8 mb so I don't think speed is an issue. My Lo gis attahed here : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5273
(2013-03-18, 17:14)avink Wrote: I have installed XBMC 12 on windows 7 on my dedicates HTPC. Everything was working fine until yesterday but all of a sudden the add-ons have stoped working. They either dont download. I have to manually refresh the inventory to bring up the list. The downloaded add-ons like uTube, TED give 'waiting' for v loong time but eventually i cannot get to the content. I have already tried uninstalling/re-installing XBMC. the network speed test via browser on the pc shows > 8 mb so I don't think speed is an issue. My Lo gis attahed here : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5273

Code:
07:41:31 T:4956   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'content_type'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\XMBC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.itunes_podcasts\addon.py", line 303, in <module>

Your not alone.
I cannot find the exact same error ..my log is attached above BTW.

this is one error that i can see in the log :

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'socket.error'>
Error Contents: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\avink\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 111, in <module>
Here is what I have tried:
1. Disabled all firewalls and antivirus, just in case some update came in and messed something up on my Win 7 64/Frodo setup.
2. On the same system, I have a copy of XBMC Eden that loads in a VM using Linux Mint, the plugins work fine in this setup.

While we are not getting the same error messages, I am experiencing the same problem where plugins worked fine one day and the next everything is failing.
I have my issue solved, my firewall decided to start blocking a few ports XBMC needed.

avink, what made me recheck my firewall again, and I don't know why I did not notice this, was I was also not getting my RSS feeds. Can you use Weather or RSS feeds from XBMC?
Hi,

i am having this problem also, i am conected to the net.
i cant download any adons, the list is blank.
and the ones i have are not working, weather, subtitels...

Anybody figured this out?

My firewal isnt blocking anything.
(2013-03-21, 15:41)Dencom Wrote: Hi,

i am having this problem also, i am conected to the net.
i cant download any adons, the list is blank.
and the ones i have are not working, weather, subtitels...

Anybody figured this out?

My firewal isnt blocking anything.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...itory_list
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@ Martijn,

Thanks refresh (verversen) did the trick!
although i have done that before and it did do nothing, now it worked!

Thanks againBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Addon working anymore0