Win Frodo 12.1 Slow menu and loading
Hello after going from my Eden to Frodo. Frodo is really slow loading the background wallpapers and DVD covers for every single movie.
I never had this problem on Eden. Running Win 8 also now
Is it only the menu's? if so do you have AMD graphics? and again if so what version of CCC do you have?

I ask because there seems to be issues with the AMD CCC v13.x and Frodo the cure for which is rolling back to 12.x

Do a search on here and you'll see this issue has been raised lots of times.
Hello thank you for the quick reply!
Yes I have a AMD graphics card. I have the newest version don't know what it is Smile
Ok thank you very much will try that. Yes because after scraping the newly added movies it does not show the posters or dvd covers. Only when its selected and wait like 40 seconds it will load the detail and the posters and dvd covers
Seems most people have success with CCC v12.10 if it's indeed the issue that's been posted before.
Hello i loaded 12.10. No difference. The library loads extremely slow the back grounds and dvd covers for the firts time. And my mkv movies 1080 is slow cant play it
When upgrading from Eden to Frodo, did you set your audio settings correctly as is explained in the stickied thread in this subforum ?
(2013-03-21, 09:51)T_Virus Wrote: Hello i loaded 12.10. No difference. The library loads extremely slow the back grounds and dvd covers for the firts time. And my mkv movies 1080 is slow cant play it
Ok probably something different & now you mention movie playback problems for your mkv it could well be your audio settings.

A quick test to see if it's audio related, in your Audio settings:

Audio Output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio Output device: Directsound - HDMI (or whatever output you're using)

If things then start to work fine then you'll need to start investigating what the problem with in order to your surround sound back, a good starting point would be to check what encoded formats and the number of channels reported in the Supported Formats screen within Windows, full details in the sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
Thank you very much it was the HDMi sound. Set it to analog and works now thank you!
Why cant i use hdmi?
What is the HDMI from your PC connected to? direct to a TV or to an AVR?

The Audio Output at the has nothing to do with how audio is actually routed out of your system, it merely specifies what options are available in the settings GUI.

When Audio Ouput is set to Analog you're telling XBMC your audio devices do not support passthrough of formats such as Dolby Digital & DTS, thus it greys out all the "capable receiver" options and the "Passthorugh output device" option, this forces XBMC to decode all formats in software to LPCM.

When set to Analog the "Audio output device" still tells XBMC where is audio is actually to be routed, so can still be any of your available audio devices including HDMI.

When Audio Output is set to HDMI then all the "capable receiver" options and the "Passthrough output device" become available, as default most of the "capable receiver" options are enabled for the case where you are connecting to a AVR. If you experience problems with HDMI selected then it's likely you're trying to passthrough a format that the device connected to the HDMI, either AVR or TV, does not support, or the "Speaker configuration" is incorrect for the number of available channels for the HDMI link.

Refer to the sticky to do more investigation, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

!st thing to check is the Supported Formats tab for your HDMI audio properties within Windows, you need to see the number of channels reported and what encoded formats are shown.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo 12.1 Slow menu and loading0