Video Bookmarks
i would like to know where my created video bookmarks are kept on the xbox hdd. whenever i update xbmc i wipe the install dir and replace it with a fresh new version but i lose my video bookmarks everytime i do it. can anyone tell me where they might be so i can back them up before deleting them all?
video bookmarks are kept in the video database. when upgrading you dont need to wipe everything unless you have a problem. changing the <albums> location in xboxmediacenter.xml to an alternate location helps preserve your databases.

but, if you have a problem where a particular media window appears "empty", rename the appropiate database. database upgrades dont always work.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks kraqh3d but where is the video database? i've gone right through my xbmc install dir and can't find anything to do with databases.

also i did a search in xboxmediacenter.xml for <albums> and all i found was <albums>$home\albums</albums> which seems is only related to the music albums cache.

please excuse my noobness :d
all three of the databases are located there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Bookmarks0