Linux Strange video quirk
I have a most unusual problem here. So, I'm using an RF modulator to connect to my TV via the S-video port on my video card. Now, I get some kind of ghosting using just straight S-video to S-video, but that's not the problem...

The problem is when I use an S-video to RCA adapter, the POST screen and XBMC boot screen shows, then it just cuts out, the modulator gets no signal. Yet if I boot up using the straight S-video cable, then switch to the S-video adapter while it's still running, it works just fine. So, clearly, the adapter should work, it just doesn't work when I boot up with it connected, even though everything before the menu screen shows up just fine.

I'm using XBMCbuntu 10.1 (Yes, I know, it's old as tits, but for some reason 11.0 kept freezing when playing video files, so I fell back to what worked.)

My Hardware is an Emachines E 1161-07 desktop computer with an nVidia GeForce 8800GS video card. CPU is an AMD Athlon X2 4050e. My setup uses an S-Video cable to go to an RF modulator to go to a 20-year old TV set that has only coax inputs.

I shall have my debug log file shortly.

Note: It still does this even after a fresh install using the very same S-video adapter

And it does it with XBMC 12.2 as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange video quirk0