playlist 2.35:1 movies?
Hi,

I am trying to make a playlist with my 2.35:1 movies. Is it possible to make this list?
i tried the option: video aspect is not 16:9 (or 16.9) but no movies are shown in the list.
Also if i use video aspect is 2.35 nothing happens.

on this page i see that it has to use a number: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Sma...s#Examples
But how? Huh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_%28image%29

4:3 aspect would be 1.33 etc...

So the rule would be like 'video aspect is less that 1.34' [note: if you use "is" 1.33 you get zero] (I guess the math is not exact) and if you use '1.33 as less than' you get less videos... I just tried it and with the 1.34 figure I got (387 videos) with 1.33 I got (154 videos) and our favourite "is" got nothing. Try some different figures... What I'd like is a smartplaylist to pull all my B&W films Smile
(2013-05-09, 20:51)PatK Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_%28image%29

4:3 aspect would be 1.33 etc...

So the rule would be like 'video aspect is less that 1.34' [note: if you use "is" 1.33 you get zero] (I guess the math is not exact) and if you use '1.33 as less than' you get less videos... I just tried it and with the 1.34 figure I got (387 videos) with 1.33 I got (154 videos) and our favourite "is" got nothing. Try some different figures... What I'd like is a smartplaylist to pull all my B&W films Smile

awesome Laugh it works now Big Grin
(2013-05-09, 20:51)PatK Wrote: What I'd like is a smartplaylist to pull all my B&W films Smile

Have you tried tagging them as B&W and making a smartplaylist based on that tag ?
(2013-05-10, 12:56)Kibje Wrote:
(2013-05-09, 20:51)PatK Wrote: What I'd like is a smartplaylist to pull all my B&W films Smile

Have you tried tagging them as B&W and making a smartplaylist based on that tag ?
Once tagged I wouldn't need a smart playlist.. (laborious; too many to spend days tagging) I suspect the best alternative might be to pull from a smart playlist all 4:3 aspect,(making an over-all assumption of 4:3 = B&W) then use exclusion of all the coloured in the same list or exclusion with a tagged list and add exceptions if any to the rule.
me again,

xbmc crashed so i needed a reinstall. Now the playlist settings are gone Sad

I want to filter again my 2.35:1 movies but i can't remember the filters :S
When i test it with a movie (MediaInfo: Display aspect ratio: 2.40:1) and set the filter to:

video aspect greater than 2.35, nothing shows up in the list......... whyHuh :S
I'm too lazy tonight. Here's one of mine.. paste it as B&W 4_3 Aspect SD.xsp and stick it in C:\Users\Paulus\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>B&amp;W 4_3 Aspect HD</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>V:\B&amp;W\</value>
</rule>
<rule field="videoaspect" operator="lessthan">
<value>1.38</value>
</rule>
<rule field="videoresolution" operator="greaterthan">
<value>719</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>
i dont know what i am doring wrong/missing but i can't get it fixed Sad
can't find the settings i used before to display my 2:35 & 2.40 movies.
Nothing shows up logical after change the aspact values :S

edit: found the "bug". The aspact ratio of the movies is only vissible to xbmc once you played/started the movie. So when there is a new movie (like now with clean xbmc install) i need to start the movie (1 second). stop the movie and now xbmc knows the ratio. Also showing the media flags now. And the playlist is filled Smile

time to start all the movies Sleepy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playlist 2.35:1 movies?0