Frodo TV Episode Thumbnails Not Showing
I recently upgraded to Frodo from Eden and TV Show episode thumbnails are not showing. I tried renaming according to the Frodo FAQ by adding '-thumb' to the end and making the files jpg instead of tbn and it did not work.

Any suggestions?
XBMC Frodo front end on WIndows 7
MySQL Backend on Windows 8 based server
NextPVR back end
A debug log (wiki) of your scan would be helpful.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I removed Burn Notice.S06E11.Desperate Measures.avi and re-added it after I changed the thumbnail to Burn Notice.S06E11.Desperate Measures-thumb.jpg and the thumbnail did not get added. Here is the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=64506
NextPVR back end
Turn on debugging, that's why it's called a debug log (wiki).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The log uploader is failing on me so I posted it here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20069968/xbmc.log
NextPVR back end
It looks like the S06E11 thumb is being added to your media library:

Code:
19:41:21 T:2304   DEBUG: Mysql execute: INSERT INTO art(media_id, media_type, type, url) VALUES (1420, 'episode', 'thumb', 'smb://MYMEDIASERVER/Network F/Videos/TV Shows/Burn Notice/Season06/Burn Notice.S06E11.Desperate Measures-thumb.jpg')

However I'm not seeing anything written to your Thumbnails folder, but that could be because it's already there.

The thumb should exist in your Thumbnail folder as "Thumbnails\a\a794f8f6.jpg" - check if the file is there.

If the file isn't there, then your Textures13.db has a row which needs to be deleted because it thinks the file is there, so it isn't re-caching the new image (you should see an error in the XBMC log when trying to view this thumb which can't be found in the Thumbnails folder).

Use the Texture Cache Maintenance utility to fix most of these problems.

Start by verifying the thumb has been added to your media libary:
Code:
texturecache.py jd tvshows "burn notice"

To automatically delete rows in the Textures13.db database that refer to non-existant thumbs:
Code:
texturecache.py Xd

To cache artwork for Burn Notice:
Code:
texturecache.py c tvshows "burn notice"

and to force items to be re-cached:
Code:
texturecache.py C tvshows "burn notice"

etc.
'Thumbnails\a\a794f8f6.jpg' is there and it is the correct image. How do I get it to appear when I view the episode?
NextPVR back end
Depends on your skin, but if you go into TV Shows, click on Burn Notice, then drill in to the 6th season (unless you've flattened all seasons) and then highlight the 11th episode. Change the view to something like Thumbnails (names vary depending on skin) or some view that will show you the episode thumbnail.
I am using Aeon Nox. Experimenting with the views from the fly out menu on the left, all views except 'List' and 'Tripanel' show the episode image. Even on ones where the image is .tbn using Eden naming convention. List and Tripanel only show the default film negative image. I used List view in Eden and it showed the image. While I am glad that views other than List and Tripanel show the images, I can't help but think something is not working correctly for List and Tripanel views. Shouldn't they show the image just like the other views especially since they worked in Eden?
NextPVR back end
Use the stock Confluence skin to test if your artwork has loaded - if it appears correctly in Confluence but not in a third party skin, then the third party skin is at fault.

Use the utility mentioned above to confirm if the thumb has been added to your media library. If it's there, but not showing in your skin then again, your skin is the problem.
Well, what do you know, the images show up in Confluence. I'll inform the folks in the Aeon Nox forum. Thanks for your help.

Since you seem to know a lot about images, an you take a look at my other post linked below regarding artist thumbnails? I think I may have figured out what to do, but I want to make sure first before making changes in the MySQL db.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174513

Thanks.
NextPVR back end
You can check (confirm) if you have duff artist artwork using the script. How you fix it... not sure if your SQL query will do the job, it might, it might not. Make sure you have a full backup...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo TV Episode Thumbnails Not Showing0