XBMC DVD menu issues in Ubuntu.
I have just recently started using XBMC under an Ubuntu build rather than windows and have had some problems with DVD menus from iso files or physical discs.

I have found things ranging from video freezes when going to an episode select screen, though if you make button presses to suit the menu that should be there, the video plays (Reilley, ace of spies, Janus) and others where the menu goes close to working but some elements do not display (episode lists in stargate sg1 season 7 and 8 discs)

If I return the HTPC that is still dual booted to windows 7 they operate correctly, is there something obvious I am missing? I searched but did not find anyone asking the same question.

This is occurring on two machines, an I5 based full PC and an I3 NUC, (HD4000 graphics in common) On both the os is Ubuntu 12.04 and XBMC is 12.2. The I5 is the dual booted one with W7.
Hi try
Code:
sudo apt-get install libmpeg2-4
Im assuming you know how to run a command line from a console screen
if you get a "you already have the latest version" message after entering the above then its not the issue Smile
I actually just found that one after a heap of trawling the forum. I am yet to do it as it is updating something else at the moment which is taking a while. I hope it sorts it as this is one of the few niggles I have right now and the only serious one.
Bingo. Sorted, though I can only do one machine at the moment.

I am going to have to chase up some more Ubuntu knowledge. I tried installing WINE (For reasons which no longer exist) and as part of that it installs microsoft TTF fonts. That is apparently not valid for the current version of Ubuntu and the download stalls on one of the fonts. It stalls dead, no progress even leaving it overnight and the only fix is to kill the process.

That leaves the package manager locked, unlock it via the command line and the only thing it will let you do is reset it and it picks up in the same spot and tries to install the TTF fonts again and hangs. I can't install anything else either (Such as libmpeg2-4) as it requires me to reset the package manager and that puts me back in the same place (I might be getting the error message wrong here, I am at work now and don't have it in front of me) Even using the GUI package manager instead of the command line it jumps straight into the font install and won't let me do anything else.

At least I have one box working right. That is the NUC which took 2 minutes to sort out. I have just bought a second NUC so I might set that up quick smart and retire the main HTPC that is giving me trouble (Wanting to go to a NUC as a mumtimeter test shows that the NUC uses about a third of the power of the main box, the innards of which would make a big upgrade to my wifes PC)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC DVD menu issues in Ubuntu.0