Video 3D in Version 13
I have installed the Windows Alpha 11 from Marcel and Videos 3D mkv are correctly displayed (in 2D and 3D) But :
if I rename the extension in ''mk3d'', the files aren't displayed / showed in Xbmc ! so my question :
is it possible to add this extension in the default video settings ? for the next 13 version.
So we don't have to add it in the ''advancedsettings.xml''
Sorry if this as been already asked ...Big Grin
What is mk3d ... is this an official standard extension?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The MK3D format is essentially a MKV file container that has a special field set defining what type of stereoscopic 3D video material is contained in the file, so the MK3D file extension is just to make things more apparent. You can without problems also have a normal MKV file contained with the field set in its header, so XBMC can automatically detect and switch to the right format for displaying the 3D content,or with flags 3D in filaname.

m_stereoscopicflags_sbs = "3DSBS|3D.SBS|HSBS|H.SBS|H-SBS| SBS |FULL-SBS|FULL.SBS|FULLSBS|FSBS|HALF-SBS";
m_stereoscopicflags_tab = "3DTAB|3D.TAB|HTAB|H.TAB|3DOU|3D.OU|3D.HOU| HOU | OU |HALF-TAB";
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thanks, I think it is an official extension because now Power DVD 13 recognize it and the Icaros Thumbnail as integrated it, as also Windows (7 and 8). Only missing in Xbmc parameters, so I think it is possible to add it, to be displayed in the library likes the others files, No ?
PS 1 : And MergeMkv also with the corrects flags : SBS or TB.
PS 2 : when adding the extension ''mk3d'' in the advancedsettings.xml Xbmc now show the file as expected but also tagged it with a 3D icon, so ALL is running well for doing it like in my first post !
It is a simple suggestion ...
And thanks for a wonderfull software indeed !
Just curious what code you used to add the mk3d extension in advanced settings?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-01-14, 17:20)Memphiz Wrote: What is mk3d ... is this an official standard extension?

Yes, it's one of 4 official extensions defined in the matroska spec: .mkv (video), .mk3d (3d video), .mka (audio) and .mks (subtitles).

XBMC really ought to add .mk3d and .mka to its default extensions, both already work when added to advancedsettings.

(2014-01-14, 20:55)wgstarks Wrote: Just curious what code you used to add the mk3d extension in advanced settings?

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videoextensions>
        <add>.mk3d</add>
    </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>
@sialivi
Thanks. Did you still need to use the SBS/TAB file tags to have xbmc play the video properly?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-01-14, 23:03)wgstarks Wrote: @sialivi
Thanks. Did you still need to use the SBS/TAB file tags to have xbmc play the video properly?
Before, I put ''3D'' in filename (for me) but it is already recognized if not, but I used an another Video-3D reader.
Now, I only put with mkvMerge selecting the video file in ''input'' then ''Format Specific Options'' and in the right side under ''Display Width/Height'' the ''Stereoscopy'' type (15 options).
But I think it depends of the codecs version used, for ex in PDVD 13, it is not necessary.
And also for the last (actual nightly) Xbmc 13 Alpha11, so to know it, take a 3D file and try it.
The new advantage of the mk3d ext is that now Xbmc display the file and tags-it as a 3D with a special icon for that !
PS : I 'm only a user and not a programmer ...
(2014-01-17, 10:54)Pierre26 Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 23:03)wgstarks Wrote: @sialivi
Before, I put ''3D'' in filename (for me) but it is already recognized if not, but I used an another Video-3D reader.
Now, I only put with mkvMerge selecting the video file in ''input'' then ''Format Specific Options'' and in the right side under ''Display Width/Height'' the ''Stereoscopy'' type (15 options).
But I think it depends of the codecs version used, for ex in PDVD 13, it is not necessary.
And also for the last (actual nightly) Xbmc 13 Alpha11, so to know it, take a 3D file and try it.
The new advantage of the mk3d ext is that now Xbmc display the file and tags-it as a 3D with a special icon for that !
PS : I 'm only a user and not a programmer ...

Thanks again. I don't mess with 3D much since wearing 2 pairs of glasses can be annoying, but occasionally I get the urge. Just trying to work up a plan for ripping the few 3D bd's I have so that they will work well with the upcoming Gotham release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video 3D in Version 130