xbmc back up for android
hi, this is probably mentioned on here somewhere already, but i cant find anything. is there a way i can back up all my xbmc set up on my android device so i can load it back in if i do a fresh install or be able to load it on another android device, thanks
Yes its possible. Just download ES EXPLORER to ur android Device. Then go to Root/Android/Data there is a Folder named xbmc. Just copy this Folder to ur USB Stick and then, after u install xbmc on the other device start up it once. Then u can copy the folder to the same place and overwrite it.
thanks tktk92, will give that a go, nice clear instructions, cheers
have downloaded es explorer but all it shows is empty foldersHuh
(2014-01-20, 14:56)pkingduck Wrote: have downloaded es explorer but all it shows is empty foldersHuh

The to directories in org.xbmc.xbmc/files are 'dot files' (unix hidden) - so you'll notice that ES File Explorer shows "files (2 item)" but nothing in it when you click on it - this doesn't matter as ES will still take the hidden files/dirs with it - if you wish to navigate the hidden dirs, just go into Display Settings and turn on 'Show hidden files - Show files whose name start with a '.''

Also be aware that ES File Explorer (and many other free file explorers) will let you copy across the network, so if you have a local NAS or a file server of some kind on your network, you can save yourself the USB backup method and copy the org.xbmc.xbmc directory directly across your LAN.
ok, will give it another go, thanks for your help much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc back up for android0