Solved Youtube addon
Guys,

I have my setup with a 256MB raspberry running very nicely one of the latest Helix Openelec release.

starting from a couple of weeks ago, maybe even more, every time I start to watch something with the youtube addon I eventually get the whole raspberry to freeze. (keystrokes do nothing, and I cannot connect with ssh)

I assume it has to be something wrong with my setting (maybe cache size) since I don't see anyone else with the same problem.
I don't have an advancedsetting file
I tried to take a look ta the log myself... but I couldn't get anything out of it...
I tried to empty the addon folder but still no luck

Is there anyone that can take a look at my log and see if there is anything wrong or any hint on how to fix this?

thanks a lot

m
First you have
Code:
<cachemembuffersize>20971520</cachemembuffersize>
That allocates 60M for internet cache which is too high for a 256M Pi. Set it to 2097152 for now.

If that doesn't help, then remove overclock settings completely and test.

If that doesn't help then try a stable OpenELEC build.
http://openelec.tv/
Thanks Popcornmix,

I moved to OE 4.0.3, removed all my overclocking and set cache to 2097152
still it freezes after a couple of minutes.

No big issue, just it feels strange it happens only to me....

thanks anyway

m
(2014-05-31, 21:20)mcarni Wrote: I moved to OE 4.0.3, removed all my overclocking and set cache to 2097152
still it freezes after a couple of minutes.

Next, I'd rename .xbmc directory and reboot (so you have no custom settings or add-ons) and test if it works.

The other likely issue is power supply. You need to test the voltage between TP1 and TP2:
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#T...r_problems
Popcornmix,

i double checked my brand new advancedsettings and I just noticed that I didn't open it with <advancedsettings> and closed it with</advancedsettings>

now with the correct opening and closing and value set to 2097152 I managed to watch a 15 minutes YouTube clip.

Popcornmix, as always you were right, sorry if I misled you with my mistake

thanks again

m

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube addon0