Help needed for ripping ENTIRE BluRays not just the movie
Question 
Hello,
I am rebuilding and expanding my media center and I have some questions.

1) What software is recommended for ripping ENTIRE disks, preserving menus, features etc
2) What file format does XBMC like best for this?
3) I would like a software solution that ALSO supports DVDs with full menus as well, I assume they would but I want to be sure this is asked.

I have asked in other media forums, and if your answer is "you don't want to keep the menus and special features....." don't bother answering Smile

I am **NOT** looking for some chincey freebee software or a pirat3ed anything, I prefer a purchased updated/maintained software that will still be useful down the road.

Ideally, when this is done, if I select Tron Legacy, the splash screen comes up, and behaves as if I put the disk in my BluRay player, so I have menu options and everything,. if possible, I do not want it to be distinguishable between entering the BD and launching the file.

THANKS!!
AnyDVDHD. Will create either ISO or BD/DVD file structure folders. Very well supported and regarded, frequent updates.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html
AFAIK no open source media players can play menu's from Blu-ray's either ripped or direct from the drive. You will have to launch third-party software as an external player (Power DVD or something similar) to achieve anything even close to the experience of playing from a Blu-ray player. This is most likely why most replies have suggested that you avoid that path.

There are threads here in the Windows forum, which provide assistance with launching an external player for that purpose.
Kodi Helix have better support for play ISO or bd folder, many discs work fine, try use new kodi helix, if you use on windows try use @Ace solution for bd java, have exe available in thread features suggestion

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=170329
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Yes, I can verify that the final release of Kodi 14.0 (Helix) will play most full bluray and DVD rips, whether from ISO or folder structures (Ripped with AnyDVD-HD). You'll be offered a choice of 'Main Feature', 'Choose from titles', or 'Full menu'.
Alright, so I have AnyDVDHD now, and I right now I am working with Pacific Rim (incase anyone else has it and has this issue), from within Kodi, the full BD rip with directory structure would not read. However, the ISO would, however under Play BluRay Menu I got the error "Playback of BluRay has failed. The menu of this bluray is not supported" But when I just try to watch the movie only, not use the BD menus it works.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help so far all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed for ripping ENTIRE BluRays not just the movie0