Best settings for OE on Rpi2
Hi,

I think it wouldbe useful to have a post with a summary of all the recommended (best) setting for OE on Rpi 2 (maybe 1 also)
I know there is a wiki explaining all the setting but there are no recommendations for Rpi.

I'm thinking of the video settings, audio settings, gpu mem, nfs-smb, config.txt, advanced settings, ...

this could be useful for many people starting with the rpi and OE
This should belong to the openelec.tv forum instead.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
If you think so!
but this is the Rpi kodo forum, i don't think this is a bad place to have this?
Its specific to rpi and oe. We are providing Kodi for windows, osx, ios, android and linux. If you ask me then the better choice for your "best settings" thingy is oe. Well i don't care - the thread is alrady here so what.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I guess this --> http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi#Maxim...erformance <-- generally suits Kodi on RPi, or is a good starter at least...
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
it seems with the pi 2 you don't need to optimize lots of settings to make it function well,the new quad core chip seems to sort that out so it works well out of the box with any skin on openelec.

now there are more things to change in advancedsettings and config.txt i gather,but ill wait a bit see what people who know far more than me can come up with,after all its only been out a couple weeks
Hiya,

You need to spend some time on the forum and definitely looking through the RPi Wiki, thats how most of us learned.
Just pay attention to the video settings page on the Wiki in particular, its the same stuff across all Kodi devices.Then find out what works on your particular TV. 24p, refresh rate switching etc.

DON'T start with advancedsettings. Leave that as it is, you seriously don't need to mess with it.

The RPi2 works well straight out of the box, there is very little that needs changing unless you have special audio needs.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best settings for OE on Rpi20