kodi pre-start process (268) terminated with status 1
After MANY headaches (check my previous posts) I decided that a fresh install would solve all my issues. Yeah... right. I don't know who I was kidding.

So I downloaded the latest build with 'wget http://svn.stmlabs.com/svn/raspbmc/relea...install.py' (via linux) and ran the setup. I specified a specific IP address in the setup and installed it to an SD card. plugged said card into the Pi and everything looked great. Connected to the servers, downloaded kernals and bootloaders, oh my! Rebooted itself, flashed the rainbow pattern, got to the cute little R with a bow in her hair and... bam! "kodi pre-start (268) terminated with status 1"

Oh goody. Status 1. Real helpful. I assume that something resulted in an error, but that code doesn't show up in my search of the site so... I am imploring you. HELP!!!

In case I forgetin my frustration, as always ... thank you in advance.
Perhaps give OpenELEC a try? http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Raspberry_Pi
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
But... But... raspbmc has ALWAYS worked for me up until the last round of updates seem to have broken something. I mean... I'll TRY anything, but I was kind of attached to RaspBMC, ya know?
What is know that recent updates both on RaspBMC and OpenElec have made RPi's more sensitive to weak power supplies, thats what you are seeing with the rainbow pattern on bootup.

Can I ask what sort of power supply you have and tell us the thickness of the power cord you are using ?

5v at 850ma wall-wart and that has always been the first that we have always checked. Thickness of the wire, I'm not sure...

Oh, and when I said a rainbow square... I didn't mean a square in the corner (I just saw that in the OSMC FAQ) I meant the full screen rainbow that (I assumed) everyone saw previously before the R screen.
This is a power supply at the low end of usability...
The power cord/wire thickness issue concerns the voltage drop from the PS via the USB cable to the Pi.
It has been a source of problems for many (including myself) because many USB cables are using undersized wires for +5V and GND and will drop upwards of 0.5V due to the resistance of the wire. This is leading to a much too low voltage on the Pi even though the output from the PS is within specs. If you have a voltmeter you can measure the voltage on the Pi to find out. In my case it was 4.6V when the PS output 5.2 V...

Use a charger for a tablet instead. These usually are rated for higher current and come with a suitable USB cable with proper wire size.
Or use the one sold as a Raspberry Pi power supply.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
I have (many times) measured the voltage on the Pi board and, while I don't remember now exactly what it was, I do know that it was within the allowed range, much higher than 4.6 I know.

Since Kodi wouldn't install, I tried OSMC Alpha 4 and it installed and it running fine. There are a couple of minor issues (can't specify static IP address; text missing from the Network Settings screen running the OSMC skin; etc...) but for the most part, it seems to be working. I just got through watching a movie while it scanned a TV Show folder across a network in the background wth no issues.
Are you using a Pi Model 2 by any chance?
If that is the case then you might have tried an image for the old Pi version on the Pi2.
That will not work due to CPU differences....
Bo Berglund
Sweden
(2015-03-13, 13:17)Bosse_B Wrote: Are you using a Pi Model 2 by any chance?
If that is the case then you might have tried an image for the old Pi version on the Pi2.
That will not work due to CPU differences....

lol... nope. It's the original B.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi pre-start process (268) terminated with status 10